NEW FORUM SOFTWARE IS UP!

The Evil Cashew

long names are cut off

and will we be able to delete our posts like usual?

I don't think I can fix long names, but I will try. And, no, you can't delete your own posts. As far as I knew, you couldn't do that on the old board, either, or it messed up post counts. If you want a post deleted, ask the forum moderator or an administrator to delete it for you.

Um... have people noticed that we don't get an email for "topic reply" anymore... ? Or is it just me?

I think I know what the problem is with that. Try checking my instructions here and see if that helps at all.

Now as the board is back to purple I'd like to ask (again :unsure: ) about the old Saved PMs box. Can it be retrieved or are the PMs I had in it lost forever? :( :mellow:

Sorry, Laura, I thought I answered this a long time ago. No, we can't access old, saved PMs due to the differences in the softwares. I think DJ has plans to reopen the old Forum as an archive in the future, and maybe when it comes back online you'll be able to access them. I can't help in any other way than that; I'm sorry.

Nalle Neversure
Sorry, Laura, I thought I answered this a long time ago. No, we can't access old, saved PMs due to the differences in the softwares. I think DJ has plans to reopen the old Forum as an archive in the future, and maybe when it comes back online you'll be able to access them. I can't help in any other way than that; I'm sorry.

Thanks for answering, Cole.

I could have missed the earlier answer, very much possible. I've lost track of all 'new forum' threads. :lol:

At least I have some of Hay's PMs printed... Even a short period of reopening the old forum would be nice. We could go in and get the PMs and then come out. :)

I don't think I can fix long names, but I will try. And, no, you can't delete your own posts. As far as I knew, you couldn't do that on the old board, either, or it messed up post counts. If you want a post deleted, ask the forum moderator or an administrator to delete it for you.

I was pretty sure that you could delete your own posts on the old forum, as long as they were the last post in the thread. I think I used it once when I double-posted, and nothing got messed up. I think it's a good idea to allow deleting your own post if it's the last in the thread, just in case you double-posted (or there should be a filter that discards a post if it is the post above it was identical and posted by the same member).

I think DJ has plans to reopen the old Forum as an archive in the future, and maybe when it comes back online you'll be able to access them.

All the posts from before the conversion are available on the current forum, so would the only reason for that be to let people get their old saved PMs?

Um... have people noticed that we don't get an email for "topic reply" anymore... ? Or is it just me?

I think I know what the problem is with that. Try checking my instructions here and see if that helps at all.

My settings seem OK.

My setting is for no email notification by default, but I have set it to notify me on PMs and one thread using the "immediate email notification" setting, but to no effect.

For what it's worth I log in as invisible - I don't know if that could have anything to do with it?

Gone to logging in visibly - no change. There have been posts to topics I'm subscribed to, and I've PMed myself.

Still haven't got an email from the new board. Ever.

It's not actually a big deal for me, but working would be better than not.

Plus, even though I've retired from the IT industry, I still hate bugs :)

I was pretty sure that you could delete your own posts on the old forum, as long as they were the last post in the thread. I think I used it once when I double-posted, and nothing got messed up. I think it's a good idea to allow deleting your own post if it's the last in the thread, just in case you double-posted (or there should be a filter that discards a post if it is the post above it was identical and posted by the same member).

There is not that option here. If someone double posts, it's really not a huge deal, and an admin can swoop by and clean it up if they so desire.

I think DJ has plans to reopen the old Forum as an archive in the future, and maybe when it comes back online you'll be able to access them.

All the posts from before the conversion are available on the current forum, so would the only reason for that be to let people get their old saved PMs?

He was mulling over an idea to help clean up really old threads from this forum and keep the old forum as an archive for them, so it had two purposes. I can't say I know where the ideas are going, but it probably will be a while before anything is done.

Gone to logging in visibly - no change. There have been posts to topics I'm subscribed to, and I've PMed myself.

Still haven't got an email from the new board. Ever.

I added that to my list of questions for IPB. I'll try and get it sorted out soon.

He was mulling over an idea to help clean up really old threads from this forum and keep the old forum as an archive for them, so it had two purposes. I can't say I know where the ideas are going, but it probably will be a while before anything is done.

I'm not sure how much I like that idea. I kind of like having all posts made in the history of the forum in one place, rather than having a separate archive for older posts.

I'm not sure how much I like that idea. I kind of like having all posts made in the history of the forum in one place, rather than having a separate archive for older posts.

Like I said, it was something he was considering for the future, if the forum is ever really bogged down by old posts, not something that's going to be implemented now.

Archived