A lurker finally posts...

Jen

Hi, my name is Jen and I'm finally posting here (I've been visiting this site for awhile, though).

Anyway, I remember, as a child, declaring that I never wanted to get married and have kids, and I feel as strongly now about those things as I did then. I also recall a friend teasing me in sixth grade because I said I didn't ever want to have sex. I'm sure my family thought I would grow out of it, but, here I am, almost twenty and an out-and-proud (so to speak) asexual!

It's great to have a place where I can talk to others who feel the same way as I do (in terms of not wanting to have sex, as some of you may want to marry and/or adopt kids, e.t.c.), because none of my friends are asexual and I'd like to have someone to relate to.

Well if you wanted to meet some new people, you've come to the right place. Friendliest bunch of asexuals you'll ever meet.

wednesday's child

hehe, welcome from a fellow lurker.

I can definitely relate... I've been quite convinced since I was very young that I don't want to have kids, but all my relatives treat me with condescension about it... "Oh, you'll change your mind when you're older." Don't things like that just drive you up the wall? :P

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Orpheus- Yes, I'm finding the people here to be very friendly and kind indeed!

wednesdays_child- That would definitely drive me crazy! I'm fortunate in that no one in my family makes a big deal out of my decision not to have kids. I guess they just decided to chalk it up to me being a weird person in general. :D

VivreEstEsperer

Hi Jen!

Welcome to the board...make yourself at home. We all feel the same way you do... sex just disgusts me. It's something I can't even imagine. And it makes me feel so good to be in a place where sex is disgusting to everyone here! YAHOO!

:)

Kate

Hi, Kate! *waves* I feel kind of relieved having found this place! It's so comforting knowing that you're not the only person in the world who doesn't want to have sex!

Archived