Drugs to Reduce Sex Drive

lastditchattempt

lastditchattempt

Has anyone here tried using drugs to reduce your sex drive in order to make your partners more comfortable?

I've found a few lists of "anaphrodisiacs" and it looks like they are readily available. There are also lists of drugs for the control of Hypersexuality. I just want to see if anyone worked for anyone.

Has anyone here tried using drugs to reduce your sex drive in order to make your partners more comfortable?

I've found a few lists of "anaphrodisiacs" and it looks like they are readily available. There are also lists of drugs for the control of Hypersexuality. I just want to see if anyone worked for anyone.

No doubt, I've been willing. Chemical castration was the best decision I've ever made. TMI? Anyway, never never regretted it. Seriously, I know I probably shouldn't talk bout it, but if there weren't drugs available I'd have castrated myself, in reality.

Gahhhh. Now everyone here knows more bout me than i meant them to. yeah, love you all!!

Is there something comparable that women can do?

I read recently about Persistant Sexual Arousal Syndrome, or PSAS, a very rare condition which affects women. Basically, the part of the brain that controls sexual arousal and orgasm gets stuck "on", regardless of what they're thinking or doing, which can severely interfere with normal lives. There's no cure, though some partially effective treatments. According to Wikipedia,

the symptoms can sometimes be reduced by the use of antidepressants, antiandrogenic agents and anaesthetising gels.

In many cases, the only thing is therapy to basically help them cope with the experience.

There is no known cause, and it may simply disappear on its own.

The point is that it looks like there aren't any safe, effective drugs to suppress female sexual arousal, or PSAS wouldn't be such a problem for those who have it.

I'm going to go out on a limb here to say this but I would be very much opposed to something like that. In fact I'd never want by partner to do such a thing for me. Your sexuality is a vital part of who you are and what you feel and taking that away is like cutting a part out of your soul. As much as I am asexual and wouldn't want to be changed, as much as we shouldn't try to turn homosexuals into heterosexuals - we shouldn't strive to turn heterosexuals into asexuals either. Essentially your partner - asexual or not - should love you for who you are - you really shouldn't base a relationship on drugs !

OK - there might be cases where a person is extremly sexual to the point of it interfering with day-to-day life and those could be treated - but reducing it just to please a partner ??? What if you break up and find another partner later who is very sexual ? Take another pill to hype up your sex drive again ? All in all very distiubing....

I agree that it does not compare to homosexuality. Homo vs hetero sex drive are opposing forces; sexual vs asexual is a force vs no force.

If my partner FREELY WANTED to lower his sex drive, I would let him. If it were a permanent fix I would be weary, but it is his body and his drive. If he wanted to do it, I would be fine with it, and heck, the lower sex drive would of course be a bonus for me, too. But I would want him to do it for his own reasons, such as better ability to deal with his own urges and frustrations, not because I selfishly want him to match me better.

If he wanted to do it, I would be fine with it, and heck, the lower sex drive would of course be a bonus for me, too. But I would want him to do it for his own reasons, such as better ability to deal with his own urges and frustrations, not because I selfishly want him to match me better

Yeah. But now we're getting into the entire increase/decrease libido discussion again. If there were a drug that would make you sexual would you take it, if that made life with your sexual partner easier ?

I don't know, I think I'd just be very uncomfortable living in a relationship that is largely or even partly based on one of the partners supressing or increasing his sexuality with drugs. Imagine coming home from work, seeing your wife/husband and telling here "Sorry honey, I'll have to pop a couple of pills before I actually find you (sexually) atractive". Wouldn't that be exceedingly awkward ??

lastditchattempt

Well, there are definitely some people who are asexual and DON'T like it, and WOULD take drugs or make some sort of change to become sexual. My partner is that way.

• 2 months later...

Is there anyone who will actually answer the damn question gees. Anyway I heard that chaste berry was used in the middle ages to bring sex drives down so whoever is telling you that herbs wont work is obviously wrong since it is still being used today. I think that the prices are reasonable enough to try it out for a little bit and I had a holistic herbalist make me an herb mixture that would reduce my sex drive and I tried to drink it but it tasted ssssooooo nasty I couldn't bare it but she said that the herbs work very well. I'm sorry this is all of the info I could give. Try meditation as well, I tried it a few days ago and it is going along well, just imagine a very dimmed light down there and say deactivate, desensitize or diminish sex drive or whatever you wish.

gentian and hop [probably only for men], both taken as tea, work quite well but taste nasty as well ;)

Is there anyone who will actually answer the damn question gees.

In males, Androcur is very effective in chemical castration. It will eliminate sex drive, make it impossible to have an quality erection and reduce or completely eliminate sexual fantasies. It is a powerful steroid. Reading the dosing and side effects are very important. It is not an approved med in the US so to obtain it you will need to go overseas and take your chances with customs. Sometimes they intercept, sometimes not. I tried it for six months. It works It completely eliminated my physical need for sex. It did not however have any effect on the emotional side of desiring intimacy with my spouse. I found out that between the two, the emotional desire to be close and share intimacy was exponentially more powerful and impossible to ignore as compared to the physical drive. It was an experiment. It did not even begin to resolve or minimize our conflict. If anything it seemed to exacerbate the problem. From my experience: I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT.

oneofthesun
Is there anyone who will actually answer the damn question gees. Anyway I heard that chaste berry was used in the middle ages to bring sex drives down so whoever is telling you that herbs wont work is obviously wrong since it is still being used today.

OK first, chasteberry only works on women. Second, it can increase sex drive just as easily as decrease it. It's one of the herbs that tries to make your body *normal* so the affect it has depends on what's wrong with you. It can also have different effects before ovulation and after because estrogen levels change at that time. And if it's increasing your sex drive, it's also increasing your risk of breast cancer.

Sadly in today's sex-obsessed world people don't use it to decrease sex drive, they use it to treat PMS. Here it's sold under the name Vitex because no one would want to take something called "chasteberry."

• 3 months later...
Is there anyone who will actually answer the damn question gees. Anyway I heard that chaste berry was used in the middle ages to bring sex drives down so whoever is telling you that herbs wont work is obviously wrong since it is still being used today. I think that the prices are reasonable enough to try it out for a little bit and I had a holistic herbalist make me an herb mixture that would reduce my sex drive and I tried to drink it but it tasted ssssooooo nasty I couldn't bare it but she said that the herbs work very well. I'm sorry this is all of the info I could give. Try meditation as well, I tried it a few days ago and it is going along well, just imagine a very dimmed light down there and say deactivate, desensitize or diminish sex drive or whatever you wish.

MagmaPyro,

A class of psychiatric medications known as SSRIs often reduce sexual drive. I will vouch in my case it has been a relief not to be driven to all sorts of things to find sexual release. SSRIs are used for among other things OCD and anxiety and is why I am taking one. The libido reduction is a beneficial side effect for me.

Another good thing about SSRIs is the change is supposedly not permanent should you want to get sexually more active. Unlike herbs, it's been medically tested and somewhat more dependable... also, swallowing a small white pill sounds more pleasant than drinking that herbal remedy.

With all that said, continue trying meditation and other means. Only consider SSRIs if you truly have other psychiatric issues which need help.

SD

This doesn't sound good to me. If an "asexual" is using them, well, are they really Asexual in that case? If it's a 'sexual' (aweful term btw) partner of an Asexual, it's admirable, but actually making your body act a certain way due to a drug .. I don't know, just seems like a bad idea from the beginning. Alas, there's drugs other there that'll do it, it's definetly something to think about before jumping in though.

SSRIs have side effects that can be dangerous for some people. Plus, doctors (in the US, at least) don't just hand them out for people who are not depressed.

Trying to chemically turn yourself into someone else for a person who may not be in your life permanently anyway, and perhaps permanently doing yourself harm by taking those drugs, seems extreme.

• 1 month later...

Talk to your doctor. There ARE things that you can take, but none of it is over-the-counter stuff because they will all mess you up in other ways. However, if it's necessary for your quality of life, PLEASE talk to your doctor.

Those are not the only options. That's no reason to kill yourself. If you really want to kill yourself, you need to see a psychiatrist urgently.

Well this is where I am at. Either I dramtically reduce my sex drive or I kill myself. They are my options. If anyone can help that would be great thanks.

You've got many options, it might take trying several different things (not necessarily drugs / medicine) until finding the right solution. Be patient and persist. Killing yourself is NOT a good option. You will find an answer eventually.

My suggestion is find yourself good friends and perhaps a therapist to help you through this rough patch in life.

Well this is where I am at. Either I dramtically reduce my sex drive or I kill myself. They are my options. If anyone can help that would be great thanks.

Davecarter, I feel like you are putting us on this forum in a tough position. We do not want you (or anyone) to commit suicide. We do not know what safe drugs you can take, and we can't prescribe them anyway. You didn't start this threat telling us you wanted to kill yourself if you couldn't reduce your sex drive. Why is that necessary? Please tell us.

• 2 months later...

To Davecarter: I hope you're still alive. You are not the only one who feels the ultimatum. Have you checked into your pituitary gland, maybe hypopituitarism? You would have to do a COMPLETE PITUITARY FUNCTION TEST w/ dynamic tests Glucagon TEST & Synacthen TEST.

Check this website out : http://www.dundee.ac.uk/medther/tayendoweb/hypopituitary.htm

Also, look into the possibility of encephalitis. Specifically Limbic system encephalitis>Hypothalamus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_system. Hypothalamus regulates the autonomic nervous system via hormone production and release. Affects and regulates sexual arousal.

Have you looked into hypnotism? I know that sounds 'fantastic' but its worth a try.

Let me know what you or ANYONE out there thinks - NEED THE INFO BAD!

Those are not the only options. That's no reason to kill yourself. If you really want to kill yourself, you need to see a psychiatrist urgently.

Agreed! Please see a doctor NOW! If you want to harm yourself, try calling 1-800-SUICIDE (in the US).

Don't even think about taking some drugs to reduce Your sex drive, they will destroy Your organism (there are no "light drugs") and maybe even ruin the relationship You are in. I would rather recommend You to work and control Yourself more, and there are also other methods to reduce the sex drive (like practising sports, or taking MEDICINES or diets which can reduce the production of testosterone if it's level in Your organism is too high).

Cheers :)

• 5 months later...

I would suggest looking into Libidno. It is an all natural supplement that temporarily reduces sexual urges. Check it out at www.libidno.com

Skinnee Jay

I'm going to go out on a limb here to say this but I would be very much opposed to something like that. In fact I'd never want by partner to do such a thing for me. Your sexuality is a vital part of who you are and what you feel and taking that away is like cutting a part out of your soul. As much as I am asexual and wouldn't want to be changed, as much as we shouldn't try to turn homosexuals into heterosexuals - we shouldn't strive to turn heterosexuals into asexuals either. Essentially your partner - asexual or not - should love you for who you are - you really shouldn't base a relationship on drugs !

OK - there might be cases where a person is extremly sexual to the point of it interfering with day-to-day life and those could be treated - but reducing it just to please a partner ??? What if you break up and find another partner later who is very sexual ? Take another pill to hype up your sex drive again ? All in all very distiubing....

I'm sorry, I can't see sexuality as a part of me. It does nothing good for me. The pleasure is all chemical and meaningless. It only isolates me, hurts me and annoy me. Sexuality is my flaw, not a part of me I should even respect. I would be very happy for a drug that reduces sex drive. I can't help but feel the world would be a better place without sex.

KayleeSaeihr
marriage or a long term relationship normally kills most sex drives

Just your luck (either good or bad) that cynicism isn't very endearing.

marriage or a long term relationship normally kills most sex drives

Just your luck (either good or bad) that cynicism isn't very endearing.

Thankfully Saehir you and me are never likely to be friends

Archived