Are you in your 40's?

PearsRblue

Bonjour a tous; Just turned 47 today and want to cuddle Now!

Bonne Anniversaire! Et bonne chance!

• 4 weeks later...
Berkeley Girl

:lol: Oh but YES! I'm 45...and happy belated birthday to Joda!

And that's NOT old. Twenty is just YOUNG, folks. I think we've been the victims of the entertainment media too long. Dang, we're starting to think the natural state of the world is Miley Cyrus and the rest of us are anomalies. PUH-Leeeeze!

Hi!I'm in my 40's and am looking for support.My husband of 10 years is asexual.It would be nice to meet some people who are married like myself.

Thanks

I apologize if this is not the correct location for this thread. I don't know where to post, I'm new (post #2) and I've been browsing for a bit. I can't click on people's profiles to read, they're just not clickable. (How do you get to read someone's profile? How do you make it clickable??) I tried switching to IE but same thing.

I was a bit taken aback by the title/definition for this thread, then I clicked and some posts were 60+ which is great for those that are 60+ that they have a place. So far the only ages I've come across (in posts where age was revealed) have been teens, 20 somethings and now 60 year olds. All my life I've related better to older people, get along great with younger and now I'm all age-confused and would like to start in my age-bracket. I'm feeling out of place. Although I welcome input from everyone, I'd like to find the 40-somethings and say hello. Is there a more appropriate location/forum/thread specifically for this age bracket? If not, and if you're in your late 30's/40's please say "hey", I'd like that.

Thanks.

I'm new here and I'm 47 years old. Eee Gad ... 50 in 3 years.

bonne anniversaire , ben c'est de ta faute que tu recois ces invitations , tu demande "a hug"

pour ton anniversaire , ben moi etant assexuelle je demanderai une petite sortie ou un sourire .

ta demande est un premier pas vers un chemin qui t'emmeneras dans un lit lol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I am 47, male and a continental european and probably have Asperger's Syndrom which kind of explains my asexuality for me.

Bohnenstange, I only posted once before and kind of hoped i had an answer but cannot find it

Hello all--48 soon, married (18 years and still going) to a sexual person, no kids.

Good to see this site.

Ironically, with all of the talk about twentysomethings--I do believe this site was founded by a twentysomething.

Hi!I'm in my 40's and am looking for support.My husband of 10 years is asexual.It would be nice to meet some people who are married like myself.

Thanks

Are you sexual and he is not? I am 48, married to a sexual for 23 yrs. Is there a married thread?

Hi. I'm 43. (Although I often feel older.) I like thinking about what George Carlin said when he hit hsi 40's...

"40 is a great age to be, since the rest of the world is either 20 or 60."

I'm 43! The youngsters are so adorable. They bring out the mother in me! It's so very nice to know there are others in the 40ish range... Very nice. :)

I'm 43 (and an asexual, single and virgin). I'm noticing that most of my body feels younger (I've met many guys half my age who are in much worse shape-and I live a somewhat sedentary life) than 40 except for my teeth and eyes (I'm very near sighted and have bad night vision).

I'm curious about something and I'm not sure where I should ask this question, but this seems like a good thread for it because it pertains to those who are close to my age (I'm 44). I'm wondering if there are many asexuals (besides me) who have been sexual at times in the past and/or changed orientation over the years. (I'm not referring to a forced change, but a steady "evolving".) The reason I want to ask this question of people close to my age is that I didn't notice these changes in myself until I was well into my 30's. If someone had asked me the same question at 25, or even 35, I would have answered it differently than I would now.

There was a brief period of my life like 38-42 where I was interested in sex, apparently this is the time of life when a woman reaches her sexual peak like guys do at 18....During that period I craved sex, I didn't want the man to stick around afterwards but I did want sex. Other than that time in my life I think I was always asexual but definetly tried to be sexual and suceeded often with alcohol and/or drugs but I was just faking it and it was always temporary.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Pears and hello to all on the board. I'm Boiringer and just this minute registered.

I am so excited and relieved to have finally made the choice to visit this site and become a part of it....especially the message board and the social aspects of it. I had heard of AVEN and had even learned about it from different talk shows. I am a 49 year-old female who happens to be a Turner Syndrome female. I don't know how many on the board would be familiar with that condition but it is a chromosomal abnormality that happens only in females where we have only the one X chromosome, and sometimes also a weak Y....What that means for me is that I am short-statured, topping out about 4'9", and I am very bad at sports...there are spatial and math difficulties that go along with it, too...By the time I was 17 and had not had a monthly cycle I was taken to a doctor, minor exploratory surgery was performed, and I was diagnosed. I also found out that I possess little if any of the normal femal plumbing. What I do have is so small as to be just rudimentary at best....I have never had any sexual feelings whatsoever. I guess it is primarily because my brain and my body were never awash in estrogen like most females...In fact, I have never quite considered myself fully female or male. I am a bit of both, and I kind of like that idea.

I am a bit of a loner, always have been, but I decided that I did want to meet people who were sort of like me. I also belong to a TS list, but most of those ladies on there are married and interested in adopting kids, and that is not the kind of life I lead or ever wanted to lead.

I have never had a maternal bone in my body or been interested in anyone, male or female, romantically, but there you go.

That is why I think even if I were NOT a TS female I would still be non-sexual.

I just want to make some friends who understand where I am coming from and I am sure most of you do. Pears, if you wanna email me and talk, feel free...Hello to all...

Boiringer@yahoo.com....

Hi Boiringer,

For you, and those who have posted above you who are also new to this site,

Welcome to AVEN, please enjoy some of our traditional :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

I trust you have all found some comfort and a soupçon of exhilaration

from the supportive environment and diversity of opinions to be found on the AVEN Boards. :D

PS, Boiringer, My dear Mum topped out at 4' 11" (though she swore she was 5' 1/4").

As children, doing the "measuring on the door post" thing, ...

she would never let us measure her ...

Despite ALL of our cajoling :)

• 1 month later...

Mmmm....I see that there are a lot of people in their 40s in this site...I'm 48 years old but I think that people thinks that I am younger,because I'm very short and thin,I am glad to see so many people in their 40s,because in my AVENes,most people are in their 20s or 30s,and I feel very old there,I am the mother of these people,I think that only we 3 people in their 40s in that page,it is a pity,here I feel more comfortable,in this forum for older asexuals.

• 1 month later...

i am brand new to this site, 44 and 3/4 ( ^_^ ) i have always known that i was different i couldnt understand what the big deal was, why was it that sexual intercourse made people act out in several different ways, for me.. i want the parts of it that are sweet and feel safe, i want the love. i dont see how 2 bodies slamming together could even be close to beautiful. sexual men are horrible, not only because of my own history, but i watch the news, i dont understand what is it about intercourse that makes men take it from children or buy it on the street. what is it about choking on a penis that comes anywhere close to fun? i dont mean to sound pissy, im just really ready to stand up and keep my body to myself, it is not to be abused in any way for me to get... a hug? gawd, this sounds so stupid... i have been single for almost 5 yrs now, am i ugly? no, i just dont want sex and so they dont want me. its so effin sad, i would be a very good catch.

Tami, sorry to hear of your experiences. I hope AVEN gives you the support you're after - there are many understanding people here who know exactly what you mean (even this 40-something sexual male :rolleyes: ).

Archived