2008 -- Almost

Sally

OK, C'mas is over with -- everybody come back!!! :!:

What do you want to happen to you in 2008?

H'm. What do I want to happen in 2008? I would like to be published. I would like to find out, once and for all, if I am capable of locating a male who is comfortable with my lack of libido, and can still love me. I would also like to gain a higher level of acceptance for myself, than I have now. And I would like to forgive and then completely FORGET those who have harmed me.

I'm going to try to learn Polish. So at the end of the year I would at least like to be able to have simple conversations and explain to the ladies filling the shelves that it would be better if they didn't on 'those' mods because we're remerchandising. Marcin, Pete, Janesh and Edyta will all help.

To Tamarinda: I think of myself as a writer but don't do it enough now to feel really qualified to call myself that. I'm now a fulltime social justice advocate (some writing comes with that) and low-income retired person.

And I wish I would get myself to walk even .5 miles -- I admire the poster who hoped to walk 4 miles/day!

I took early retirement and then had to take a part time job to have enough money to live on. It's now turned into full time (fortunately). I don't need to go to the gym (moving heavy shelves and stock), must walk a good few miles a shift as it's a huge store and I've dropped two dress sizes (have another three sizes to go before my GP will be happy).

I would say I'm getting healthier and fitter as I get older.

Tan

Basically for 2008

I would like to start exercising again, before I start piling on the pounds.

I would like to be not too adversely affected by my new medication.

I would like to be able to let my friends know how much I really love and appreciate them.

I would like to catch up with the great pile of DVDs and books I am currently stockpiling.

I would like to be able to keep my accounts and Live journal upto date.

All my love,

Kate xx

PS. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE FOR TUESDAY

to tanwen: thanks so much for getting this part of the forunm started.

for the rest,

in 2008:

• i would love to meet and be with my hetero, asexy, soul mate.

get another something published

finally be able to get off of my bloating meds :)

win the lottery!!!!

Glad to know we have some of the same goals. I would like to win some amount of cash, not to small, not too overwhelmingly large, just enough that I can make some significant changes in the quality of my lifestyle. :wink:

Asterion Orestes
I would like to win some amount of cash, not to small, not too overwhelmingly large

Hey, why didn't I think of that? It beats inheritance, which requires someone to die. :( Only--I'm not too concerned about winning too much; as a non-zero-sum kind of guy, I subscribe to the half of the popular "wisdom" that says you can never be too rich. :) (The other half is dumb.)

i would love to meet and be with my hetero, asexy, soul mate.

So would I, though it's not my highest priority. I am aware of several widely-scattered "prospects" (who may not realize my interest yet), though. More important is my goal of taking a vacation--a fulfilling journey somewhere else--not including my sneaky plans to infiltrate a political convention this summer on my path to seize power. Bwahahahah! :lol:

Archived