trying to understand asexuality...

eric

i was so glad to find that there's an online community for asexuality. i've been throwing around the idea that i'm asexual, without actually thinking about it seriously.

however, last night, i was talking to one of my good friends who i feel a bit of romantic attraction for. she was saying how she's never desired sex and never really cares to have it. the idea confused me, until i realized that she may actually be what i myself have always joked about being--asexual.

our relationship is more than friendship but far from sexual. knowing that there are actually asexual people out there is allowing me to really see the possibility that, even if i'm not, my friend could be asexual. it would also help me to understand her better, which is something that i would like because i love her very much.

i hope i can learn more from this community.

VivreEstEsperer

Hey Eric!! Welcome to the community! Post a lot and enjoy yourself...make yourself at home!

Kate

VivreEstEsperer

Aaah I'm sorry, I meant to post this in Eric's thread, but I'm so dead tired that I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing. I'm about to go to bed but havent been here in two days so thought I'd better pay it a quick visit before I went to bed. Looking on the bright side, Eric now his very own (beside the one he started) welcome thread. :)

Kate

hi. *slight pause...* sorry, i'm playing tetris.

anyway, glad you found this site. from what you've mentioned, it sounds like you & your friend are asexual. lucky. anyway, hope you 2 hook up (in a nonsexual way).

welcome to the board. & don't worry, you'll learn plenty here. we're all pretty tame, as well as informative. (i hope)

VivreEstEsperer

I tried to post here last night and say welcome but in my sleepiness managed to post a seperate thread about it instead...then just now realized I hadnt posted here..argh!

Anyway welcome to the board Eric. Make yourself at home:)

Kate

Archived