THANK YOU!!!

Davidoo

Hi everyone!

Well... What could I say but: THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! Especially to David, who created this revolutionary forum!

I'm 31-year-old and, until a couple of days ago, I didn't know anything about asexuality. I came upon the article on wikipedia, that brought me to this website, and reading it, everything was clear to me! I could be myself again! After so many years of struggling desperately to figure myself out, I finally know who I am, that there is nothing wrong about it, and that I'm not the only one on earth feeling the way I am.

I can say it proudly now: I am a Homoromantic Asexual! I'm so happy I finally met my own kind, people who can understand me, to whom I can say: "I love him" or "I'm in love with him" without systematically getting as an answer: " Be sincere with yourself: You basically want to screw him, that's all!"

Looking back to my life, I've always been asexual. I'm so glad I can finally put a name on it, and feel proud about it!

I've never been in any relationship. And through the years, I was getting more and more worried about it -sometimes even depressed!- surrounded as I was by "full-of-good-intentions" friends telling me: "Come on, David! You're far from being unattractive. You're smart and funny. Don't tell me that you've got nothing!" or the uncomfortable: "You're gay! You can deny it, but I know you can only be gay!", something that I could neither agree with nor deny...

And I ended up thinking that they could only be right and that my feelings for guys could only have a sexual origin, that I was a repressed homosexual. Can you believe that only a couple of weeks ago I forced myself to have sex with some guys? (Not at the same time! lol!) My first times. Great guys, but I was still so confused by the fact that , if I enjoyed their company and if I had a great time talking with them, as soon as the sexual time came up, I did all my best to make it as short as possible! I wanted them to have what would be for them a good time, but didn't enjoy it myself.

So many things I'd like to tell and to share... So many years wasted trying to fit in a sexual world that wasn't mine, that I had a right to deny, being said again and again that sex was an essential and unavoidable part of happiness in a relationship... Now, thanks to you, I'll feel comfortable saying that I disagree, that it's not my way, and that it doesn't mean in any way that I'm sick, repressing something or condemned to a life of loneliness.

I already came out as an asexual yesterday to my sister, the closest human being in my life so far. Though she didn't know anything about asexuality, once I described it to her, she told me that it totally made sense about me.

I feel so great! So alive once again! Thanks to you, all of you!

Long life to this forum! Let's spread the word about asexuality! We do exist too! A-Pride! My dream is that nobody else will have to go through all the years of confusion and misery I've been through! That every kid and person will have someday the right to say: "I don't care for sex. It's the last thing I'm longing for in my life, but I'm still a happy human being, thank you!", without having to be seen or to be feeling like a freak!

David

PS: Ok! I'd have a question. Is there somewhere on the net a group or a club of some kind specifically for homoromantic asexuel men?

PPS: Please, forgive the mistakes I could have made, and my poor vocabulary in the English language. My mother-tongue is French. I lived in France until I was 26-year-old and immigrated in the United States five years ago. I know I'm doing ok, but still prefer to give a warning! lol!

PPS: Please' date=' forgive the mistakes I could have made, and my poor vocabulary in the English language. quote']

Are you serious? I loved your writing. I thought to myself, "I wish I could articulate my thoughts and ideas like that." I could really feel your excitement. Your writing grabbed me and had my attention the entire time.

Anyways, welcome. Have some :cake: !!

PEACE

PS I think your grammar is better than mine!!

Welcome to AVEN. I felt pretty left out to when I didn't know there was a community for people like me. Glad you're happy to be here.

Lol, I love reading posts like yours, they remind me of the total exhileration I felt when I found AVEN for the first time. It's great, isn't it!!!!?????!!!!

WELCOME!!!

:cake:

:cake:

Davidoo said:

I'm 31-year-old and, until a couple of days ago, I didn't know anything about asexuality. I came upon the article on wikipedia, that brought me to this website, and reading it, everything was clear to me! I could be myself again! After so many years of struggling desperately to figure myself out, I finally know who I am, that there is nothing wrong about it, and that I'm not the only one on earth feeling the way I am.

It's a mind blower isn't it?

Welcome to AVEN. :cake::cake::cake:

Have some :cake:

The official greeting food. :cake:

When finally all the pieces to the puzzle of our life come together it is such an overwhelming thing. The emotions it releases and the stress it frees us from.

I am so happy for you that you found yourself and a community that understand you because we are you.

Have more :cake: then go out and explore AVEN and all the new friends you now have.

Thank you everyone for your cheerful welcomes! I already feel at home here! I'll keep trying to do my best with my English! Take care, all of you! And let's keep in touch!

Yay for non-promiscuous gay people! :D :cake:

Maybe I'm biased but there aren't enough of them around. As a homoromantic male I find the sex-now-relationship-later model quite saddening, as well as those people who want to know everything about your personal life because "you're their gay friend" but I digress. I'll save it for the musings and rants forum.

On a more cheerful note: I certainly know that feeling of finding yourself at long last. Although the white light at the end of my tunnel wasn't the wikipedia article, rather the youtube video of David and friends on 20/20. Click and watch.8)

I've never been in any relationship. And through the years, I was getting more and more worried about it -sometimes even depressed!

Hmm, this seems to be a common symptom of naivety. Hopefully a dose of AVEN wiki should sort that out. Any more troubles you come and see me again and I'll prescibe you some more cake.

As for the group, you could always try A-date - http://www.strait-a.net/personals - set up by a fellow AVENite (to get us all pairing off I assume) but other than that, I've never seen one. It's not like I've been looking though, and one must exist somewhere, this is the internet after all...

Have fun on the board, don't eat too much cheese and don't worry about Antibubble and Amcan having their own random conversations in public, we're not sure even they know what they're on about half the time either. ;)

Hi and welcome!! I'm homoromantic too, (I'm a girl though) and I totally agree, it's GREAT to find a place like this. You must have some welcome :cake:. I'm really glad you feel so at home here. I felt pretty thrilled too when I first arrived. Now AVEN is definitely like home. =]

Your English is nice, BTW. I didn't even realize till I read the PS that it wasn't your native language.

Shortass Lady

Hi Davidoo! It's great to hear about the self-discovery you've just been through, enjoyed your story. It's also great that at last you've found a community who feels the same way you do and understands. Welcome to asexy AVEN! :)

Hi David, welcome to AVEN. :cake: I hope you enjoy it here. :) There aren't any websites out there specifically geared towards homoromantic asexual men, as far as I know, but maybe someday, right? Recently, a forum for asexual lesbians was started, so maybe someone else will start up a forum for homoromantic men at some point.

Hi nad welcome.

Have some more :cake:

Your english is wonderful.

Hope you enjoy AVEN.

I feel so great! So alive once again! Thanks to you, all of you!

I agree... It was great to find AVEN... It really has changed my life in so many ways. NIce to meet you. :cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

PS: Ok! I'd have a question. Is there somewhere on the net a group or a club of some kind specifically for homoromantic asexuel men?

I don't know... but I am only 1hour 9 minutes from Stockton (according to google maps) We should start our own club in SF

Ah! Someone showing some energy to do something in the area, eventually! What can I say but: Let's do it! I'm not good at doing things on my own... Nice to meet you too, Zerick! You know how to contact me, don't you?

Happy Thanksgiving to everybody! And thanks again and again for all your welcomes!

i would like to say THANK YOU as well. This forum is incredible and it has taken a huge weight off of my shoulders. sorry for being so cliche, but that's really how i feel.

THANKS!!!! :D

Hahaha, wow. I was having a pretty depressing week, but I read this post, and... Man! Nothing like someone else's excitement to get you happy about life again!

Welcome to AVEN, GREAT post, and I hope you enjoy it here!

And, woo hoo for Californians in the Bay Area (ish)! I don't know of any homoromantic asexual forums for men, though there is one for women... And, as for having a meet up group for homoromantic men in your area, I'm gonna assume that's a nay, but we do have regular San Francisco meet-ups! If you can ever make t to one, they're a blast.

Again, welcome to the community and thanks for the cheer! :cake:!

Archived