The Big Bang Theory--TV Show

Niemand

Holy crap, Leonard's mother is totally asexual. She said the only time she and her husband had sex was for reproduction. Sheldon is fascinated with her.

Holy crap, Leonard's mother is totally asexual. She said the only time she and her husband had sex was for reproduction. Sheldon is fascinated with her.

Haha, I was going to make a post about this. ^_^

my father thinks sheldon is gay (i don't want to use the exact word my father used but it is worse). instead of saying i think he is asexual, i went for that i thought he was neither.

There's a scene where Sheldon gets his job back because his boss is interested in Sheldon's mom, and when Sheldon gets back to the house and is asked why he got his job back he says something like, "because of an area of human experience I've never understood."

Then Leonard says, "that narrows it down considerably." Pretty good evidence right there.

annwyl_cariad

I was laughing myself silly last night when Leonard, Raj, and Wolowitz were completely absorbed watching all the ladies on America's Next Top Model while Sheldon didn't even notice and kicked their asses at Klingon Boggle. I know it was a repeat, but I hadn't seen it before.

He has to be ace. I've only seen a few episodes so far but I am becoming increasingly frightened by how much I identify with Sheldon, haha. He's a complete ass and he's socially inept but I love him.

• 1 month later...

got season 1 dvd recently and started it last night

tbhankfully they made adjustments on the sheldon characther from the pilot

I love the show my favourite characters are Penny and Leonard. I agree that Sheldon could be asexual he has no interest in sex and is the only character that doesn't find Penny sexually attractive.

carried in bags

i have been as down as hell lately. i have been watching this on line and it cheers me up wonders.

my new hero :P

jimparsons.jpg

Really? I can't see much of a difference between the Sheldon of now and the Sheldon of the both aired pilot and unaired one.

What is different?

Sheldon is definitely asexual. There is no doubt.

I really identify myself with him. Besides being both asexual, I am getting my physics degree and there is nothing in this world that interests me more than science :) (I am a girl by the way). And I also recognise that I have a bit of OCPD.

For me:

- Men, sex, dating: boooooring.

- Physics, Astronomy, studying, school: cool.

hahaha I am definitely asexual ;)

Really? I can't see much of a difference between the Sheldon of now and the Sheldon of the both aired pilot and unaired one.

What is different?

well the first scene where they go to the sperm bank. There was also a joke that leonard directed at sheldon that he was a master at masturbating (i don't think the word master was used but something to that affect)

carried in bags

i cant see sheldon having a mastubate! he wouldnt see the point or simply not have time!

thats the only "sexual" thing ive spotted. there was a scene (i dont which series) when regarded penny "how can someone so hot be good at video games". but, ofcorse, neither of these are strictly a/sexual or not

Hahaha Sheldon totally had a couple amazing asexual moments on the new episode today!

My favorite though, was when they all hear their new upstair neighbor's bed creaking and Sheldon's response is: "Ugh, now she's jumping on the bed!"

lol Awesome <3

annwyl_cariad
My favorite though, was when they all hear their new upstair neighbor's bed creaking and Sheldon's response is: "Ugh, now she's jumping on the bed!"

I lol'd so hard at that. That and when he criticized Penny for describing the guys' behavior as "typical." They never visited the previous upstairs neighbors, and they had never met the new neighbor before, so how on earth could this behavior be "typical?" I loved tonight's episode! :lol:

i cant see sheldon having a mastubate! he wouldnt see the point or simply not have time!

yeah, his schedule does seem fairly regimented so he couldn't fit it in

there was a discussion in one episode in series 2 when sheldon had the stalker and penny wondered "what was sheldon's thing?" and i think leonard replied "that he didn't think sheldon had a thing" and this reply astonished penny

• 2 weeks later...
that_american_kid

yeah, his schedule does seem fairly regimented so he couldn't fit it in

there was a discussion in one episode in series 2 when sheldon had the stalker and penny wondered "what was sheldon's thing?" and i think leonard replied "that he didn't think sheldon had a thing" and this reply astonished penny

This is one of my favorite scenes!

"I know it's none of my business, but... what's Sheldon's *deal*? Is it girls? Guys? Sock puppets?"

"We've been operating under the assumption that Sheldon has no deal."

That's as good as saying he's ace. If he ever becomes sexual (or even romantic!) I'll be very disappointed.

What's wrong with him becoming romantic?

At this point it does seem like it would be outside of his character, but that can change over the next however many years.

annwyl_cariad
What's wrong with him becoming romantic?

At this point it does seem like it would be outside of his character, but that can change over the next however many years.

I'm romantic myself, but I'd be disappointed if Sheldon turned out to be, simply because it would seem so out of character for him. The only way I would feel okay with it would be if he were absolutely baffled by his budding romantic feelings. Because the idea of Sheldon being in love with anything but his research is bizarre to me.

The only way I would feel okay with it would be if he were absolutely baffled by his budding romantic feelings. Because the idea of Sheldon being in love with anything but his research is bizarre to me.

Yes, done that way would actually work quite well I think. It'd obviously be difficult to pull off properly, but it could be entertaining.

The only way I would feel okay with it would be if he were absolutely baffled by his budding romantic feelings. Because the idea of Sheldon being in love with anything but his research is bizarre to me.

Yes, done that way would actually work quite well I think. It'd obviously be difficult to pull off properly, but it could be entertaining.

entertaining like when he tried to hug Penny when she gave him a christmas gift? i think it was the first time he's every hugged anything

cheers for posting eddie

preciousillusions

Came hear to post the Ausiello thing. I really hope it doesn't come to that. I enjoy the hell out of Sheldon the way he is.

I agree very much. I'm a big fan of the show so I know what you're talking about, and it does seem that way, that Sheldon (you got it right) act asexual. I thought also that he's too naive or smart to think about sex. My parents keep insisting that he's gay, but next time they say that while we're all watching it together, I'll mention this to see what they say, coming from their asexual daughter.

From a Q&A with the creators and cast a few days ago:

8:39 PM - Cynthia asks if Sheldon will ever get a love interest. "We're pretty clear on the fact Sheldon's passion lies elsewhere," Chuck says. "Sheldon is in love with science. He's opted out. And it's really interesting because I've never seen a character on television that's opted out... that makes him very specific and very interesting."

Sounds rather more positive than the last story, although the "opted out" phrasing is curious.

Is there any way we can send them a nice little e-mail saying, "Well, if you like the 'opting out' kind of character, introducing him as asexual might just be something you'd be interested in..."?

They seem like they want to go that way, anyway...

I agree very much. I'm a big fan of the show so I know what you're talking about, and it does seem that way, that Sheldon (you got it right) act asexual. I thought also that he's too naive or smart to think about sex. My parents keep insisting that he's gay, but next time they say that while we're all watching it together, I'll mention this to see what they say, coming from their asexual daughter.

my father said that, and my mother congratulated him for being perceptive for once. me, being the person i am, had to correct him and say well i don't think he's either

carried in bags

i could see sheldon maybe getting a girlfriend for a social experiment, have her as a friend for a couple of episodes and maybe have her sleep over, but simply not want to spend his free time with her and simply not see the point to it. it could be really funny

It actually occurs to me that they may not want to label him as an asexual for the same reason they are opposed to the idea of labeling him an aspie.

To do so would possibly undermine the comedy value in the character. As it stands now, everyone can have a laugh at Sheldon because he's so odd and different to the average person. Declaring that he is an aspie would make many of the jokes at his expense cruel as it would be a mocking of something that he can't control. If they intend to get humour out of Sheldon's inability to form relationships (sexual or otherwise), I can see their hesitation in outing him as such.

I may be way off with that, but it's a theory.

Archived