so amazed...

Lyburti

I thought something was just wrong with me, to find sexual attraction not a big deal. I've gone through my whole life trying to deal with feeling like the odd ball out, only to find a site full of people who have felt the same way.

It's cost me a romantic relationship (he wanted sex, I never did and spent time and guilt trying to find a desire for it- luckily we're still good friends) and time questioning myself.

I guess I could call myself asexual (and that's what I was) but for the first time I have desire for someone. It's not huge but it's definitely there and it's something new and foreign to me- I'm finding it hard to deal with actually. I know there's room for me here, and I'm so happy to share my experiences and listen to everyone else's. I really thought I was alone, silly, huh? :)

Hi Lyburti and welcome.

It was a great feeling for me too when I first came across this site. Just knowing that there were so many people out there like me was a huge relief.

I can't really comment too much on your new found desire because a lack of sexual attraction to other people is something that has remained fairly constant throughout my life. I am sure there are others on this site who have had similar experiences to you and they'll probably post sometime soon.

BTW, is your new found attraction sexual or just romantic / emotional ?

Welcome to the Comunity

One of my greatest moments last year was to find that there are others who don't feel the need to have sex.

Alex

VivreEstEsperer

Hi Lyburti!

Welcome to the site and make yourself at home! :)

No, it's not silly at all to have felt like that. I felt like that all my life too -I didn't know what was wrong with me and I spent so much time trying to figure it out! I found this site two weeks ago and it was so relieving to find so many other people like me. Took a lot of pressure off of me.

Glad to have you here.

Kate

If it's silly to not want sex, then I've only one thing to say: BBLAAAGGGHHRRRRAAAGAGAGAGA!!!!!:P

Welcom to AVEN!

Archived