AVEN Calendar - watch this space for progress reports!

Live R Perfect

Do you think we should produce an AVEN calendar for sale on the proposed online store?  

1. 1.

• Most definitely! Certainly we should, and there's no disputing it!
    • What a crappy idea! No way! Never! What the hell were you thinking asking this question?

VivreEstEsperer

That page with Todd is so cool, liver!!

Hmm..I didn't have time to scan pics at school..and I don't think my dad's scanner is working here...it's never working! I wonder if the library or Kinko's would have a scanner...wait, Kinkos costs $10. wonder if the library would. If not, perhaps I could send someone a photo and they could scan it for me?

a shame as I have so many awesome pictures, but just had no time to scan them.

Kate

I was just visiting my friend who has a scanner yesterday, and I forgot to bring the pictures! :x I am going over to her house again tomorrow and this time I will try to remember to bring the pictures to scan.

Brother Wilbur

OK OK OK OK oK ok. Let me get this all straight because I'm confused, wow, again? 13 pages... what is the 13th page? Thats all I'm confused about.

:lol:

Whew!

The thirteenth page, if I'm not confused, is the cover. It will probably be a photo of the Middletown meetup.

Brother Wilbur

ooooh.... OK! So its a normal 12-paged with a cover, OOOkk!! I get it! Thanks, jayjay!!

Whooo!! Pictures at an Exhibition! Greatness. Be still mah heart.... :D

That's some calendar you've got cooking.

Isn't it fucking cool?! Holy crap, I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! I love it ten exclamation points, even!

VivreEstEsperer

Wow, that's amazing, you have so much talent with these things!!

Brother Wilbur

I love it too!!!

you cutie, JulieJayJay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (how many !s? dunno)

super cool, good job, you are doing awesome with the calendar, LiverBiver! (srry, into nicknames tonight.

Slight suggestion, if I may? It seems to me that the Photoshopped cutout one of me would make a good picture in the gallery, too.

In fact, I kinda like the idea of most of (all, save one, of?) the images being gallery pictures, with the one of me in my UConn sweatshirt and cap, holding the picture frame, "visiting" the gallery. Ooh! Maybe one could be marbleized (can Photoshop do that?) and be a "statue" in the gallery!

Of course, it's up to you, man. I dunno if those suggestions are too difficult. I just think it'd be neat to see Julie visiting a gallery o' Julie. :D Just an idea.

And thank you, Laura. :)

Cate Perfect

Lookit thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. OOOOOOOOOOO *stares*

Purdy.

I love it, Karl! :D

Now I just have to get onto my pictures.

Cate

Live R Perfect
In fact, I kinda like the idea of most of (all, save one, of?) the images being gallery pictures, with the one of me in my UConn sweatshirt and cap, holding the picture frame, "visiting" the gallery.

I'll look into it, but that would mean that all the pictures would be quite small except for the 'visiting' Julie, and there would be an awful lot of 'wall'.

It'd be nice to be able to make a coherent scene for each page, with correct perspective and such, but I imagine that this will not be possible for everyone - it depends on the pictures they supply. Some might be more of a collage style. We'll see how it goes :wink:

Ooh! Maybe one could be marbleized (can Photoshop do that?) and be a "statue" in the gallery!

Funnily enough, that had crossed my mind! I know I could apply layer styles to one of the images to give it the appearance of marble, but that would also flatten the image somewhat as the texture wouldn't follow the contours of your body...

Thanks for the suggestions - I'll see what I can do :wink:

• 3 weeks later...

I think will have to give up my calender spot to someone else. :( It sounds like fun, and I would love to be in the calender, and Liver does an excellent job with the pictures. It's just that I am so busy these days with endless errands and projects. :roll: I wanted to let you know that my calender space is open for anyone else who wants to be in it. I hope this isn't too short notice. :shock: Sorry about this. It would be really awesome if we could do a calender every year. I would be able to be in it maybe if we do one next year. It is just that this year I have sooo many things I am trying to do all at once and not enough time to do them. :?

Live R Perfect

Don't worry Juni - I'm sure that someone else will happily step in for you! :) In fact, I believe we have a couple of substitutes already lined up... Kensta and SGM, was it?

I've still got to get around to finishing Julie's page yet anyhow... only 6 months left until 2005! I'm gonna have to buck my ideas up!

Silly Green Monkey

I could do it, I have a lot of pictures. Digital cameras do that to me.

Live R Perfect

Incidentally, how many people here think they would want to buy an AVEN calendar when it is available? It just struck me the other day that this is quite an involved project to carry out, and I'd hate to think it was all a waste of time. In terms of visibility, the calendar isn't going to achieve much (unless we can find a way to use it publicly!) so really this is just for the members here.

Cate Perfect

I'll buy two. I have a supportive friend who lurks at the site and so she knows everyone by proxy.

Cate

Live R Perfect

Didn't I already say this somewhere? *roots around in the thread* Hmmm.. ah yes here it is!

A month-a-page calendar with space for 13 images (12 months plus he front cover) and space within each month to make your own notes for $14.99.

Thats the cafepress standard price, btw, no-one else is making any money out of this :wink:

Vicious Trollop

Thanks for looking that up -- sorry I'm so lazy. :)

I will probably buy one, but if you're trying to get a definite tally, only put me down as a maybe.

In the words of my friend greg...."YES!!...like that part in the movie OLD SCHOOL where the guy gets shot in the neck with a tranquilizer dart...YES!"

Hell yeah! I'm gonna get one!

So many people! AWESOME!

I can't wait to see BOA's...i mean....BOA!

Anyways. The point was......what was the point?

oh..yes! I'm gonna get one, so count me in!

YES!

Live R Perfect

OK, I feel a bit more motivated about it now - thanks guys! :)

Anyone who has pictures ready, please mail them to me or link me to them. I hope to be able to spend some time on this this weekend :wink:

Silly Green Monkey

So do you want pictures from both me and Kensta, or whoever gets pictures to you? I've got a few from my qyu test this month too.

Live R Perfect

First come, first serve! :D I think its likely that one or two others that are on the original list might also change their minds.

Archived