AVEN Calendar - watch this space for progress reports!

Live R Perfect

Do you think we should produce an AVEN calendar for sale on the proposed online store?  

1. 1.

• Most definitely! Certainly we should, and there's no disputing it!
    • What a crappy idea! No way! Never! What the hell were you thinking asking this question?

A few hours ago, but I just now got a reply email from hotmail. I think your mailbox is too full to accept them.

A friend of mine is gonna do a photoshoot of me later this week, I'll send you the results.

Live R Perfect
A friend of mine is gonna do a photoshoot of me later this week, I'll send you the results.

Oooh! That sounds awfully professional! I'm envisioning moodily-lit soft-focus monochrome portraits now...

Live R Perfect
I will try to get the picture of me scanned next month.

Multiple pictures would be better. Do you have any embarrassing pictures of you as a kid?! :wink:

I only have one picture of me as a kid. It is on Easter Sunday, I am standing in the hallway with an Easter basket. The picture quality is not good though, it was not a well lit hallway. I have that one, the chariot picture, one of me at a lake, and one of me holding one of my cats. :) I wish that I could get a hold of my photographer friend Phillip, he is the one who took a lot of pictures of me last year. He is in New York now but should eventually come back this year. The chariot pictures is from a different photographer, Anna. She wants to do another photo shoot soon but I am not sure when, or if it will be in time for the calender. I have a few from the photography session with Phillip.

Live R Perfect

Well, just send me the ones you are comfortable with having on the calendar, Juni. And try to scan them at as high a resolution (dots per inch) as possible. It sounds like you are using someone else's scanner, so if you're not familiar with the control settings then ask them how you can check this. :wink:

VivreEstEsperer

note to self...must scan pics before school ends! cus i actually have a scanner at school! just been busy w/ finals and all. will soon!

Silly Green Monkey

I've got one of me as an infant where I fell asleep chewing on a moccasin...

• 3 weeks later...
Live R Perfect

OK, I've finished putting together the current issue of the paper I work on, so now I should have more time to spend on designing this calendar again. So - all the people who have reserved a page - please send me photos or links to photos that you want used on your page.

Bishopsheen - could you provide me with a larger recent photo so I can finish off your page first?

Live R Perfect

Hee hee! I wouldn't say that one makes you look deranged, Bishop, no :wink: I'l use that one if you're happy with it, otherwise just let me know when you've got one that you are happy with :)

Bishop, are you kidding? You look HANDSOME. Holy crap. *fans self* I think I'm having a case of the a-vapors.

Liver, I was wondering if I could just scan the pictures and post them here on this thread. Would you be able to use the pictures if the images were scanned directly here? My friend has a scanner. She does not live far away so I could go to her house sometime this week and scan them.

How do you plan to get them on the site, Juni? You'll need another website to host the images if you're going to have them appear here in this thread.

I know I still need to send you my photos, Liver. We need to pick a time for a file transfer.

Cate Perfect

*looks at Bishop's picture*

AAAHHHH!! *hugs him to bits* You so handsome!!11duck!1

No, you don't look deranged. But, what's wrong with looking deranged?

Cate

Live R Perfect
I thought I could just copy and paste them here from a file on my friends computer.

I'm afraid it doesn't work that way Juni (or have I been missing something all this time?!). Is your friend very familiar with their scanner and it's settings? Do they have image-editing software such as Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop? If so then ask them to scan your photos at a resolution between 150-300 dpi and then reduce the size of the photos to about 9cm by 12cm. This should result in a detailed image that is small enough to e-mail - you might even be able to attach a couple of them at a time to your e-mails. Well, good luck! :wink:

I think that she does have editing. I will call her tonight to ask. Sorry it has been taking me so long for me to get the photos to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Live R Perfect

Nearly finished with Bishopsheen's page of the calendar - here's a sneaky peek! :wink:

Right... Julie's page next....

Silly Green Monkey

So which twelve AVENites will be in the calendar?

Live R Perfect

The list as it stands at the moment is:

January = Liverlicker

February = Vivre

March = Trix

April = Juni321

May = Gorax

June = CatePerfect

July = Jayann

August = Bishopsheen

September = Aury

October = Daphne

November = BOA

December = AVENguy

But I guess it depends on whether anyone pulls out or doesn't get their ass into gear in time to send me their photos!

Archived