AVEN Calendar - watch this space for progress reports!

Live R Perfect

Do you think we should produce an AVEN calendar for sale on the proposed online store?  

1. 1.

• Most definitely! Certainly we should, and there's no disputing it!
    • What a crappy idea! No way! Never! What the hell were you thinking asking this question?

Live R Perfect

This idea has been floating about for a short while, but in case you missed it...

It has been suggested that we could produce an AVEN calendar that could be made available along with other potential AVEN merchandise through an online store (See BOA's post in the Announcements forum...).

Essentially, the images on the calendar would consist of individual AVENites (I'm thinking male AND female) in various everyday situations (and FULLY CLOTHED!!) ignoring the apparent sexual advances of your typical 'glamour' calendar models.

So, if people think it would be a good idea to go through with this, thwn we need 12 models. No, make that 11 - I will volunteer as Mr January! :D

Now there are two ways of going about this:

1. Each volunteer has to find a glamorous model to pose in a scene with them. Personally, I don't know any.... but if you do, then why not make use of them?

2. You just send me a good quality full length or half length photograph of yourself looking preoccupied with a task of your choice or looking very unimpressed. I then create a photomontage out of this and a suitable 'glamour' model image. Lots more work for me, but I'm definitely up for it and I think it could be a hell of a lot of fun!

So... I guess I'd better run a poll on this then...

Vote for or against the production of an AVEN calendar above, and please make any comments about this idea below. Ideas for other ways we could go about this, themes for the calendar, etc. are definitely welcome! Also volunteer below if you want to be one of the other 11 models (and you can reserve a month too if there's any you're particularly fond of!

NB. If you would like to submit an image to me by e-mail then we might have to compromise on file size and resolution. Ideally, the images should be 300 dpi for a decent quality final print, but as I have a Hotmail address my inbox is limited to 1 Megabyte and I'm not sure how large an image this would hold at that resolution. If we decide to seriously go through with this project then I will definitely consider subscribing to Hotmail for extra storage, which should solve the problem.

Live R Perfect

Of course, this is all subject to the Online Store method of merchandising being approved by the community, and the price of producing the calendars not being prohibitive. :wink:

i think i brought up the idea a few months ago... except that i said it should be a "emn of aven" calendar. :lol:

bard of aven

Dibs on November, if it all floats. But there won't be any beautiful model in the pic with me. Sorry (NOT).And I want to save December for the founder of our feast, so to speak, the asexual santa claus who gave us this site.

boa

Cate Perfect

I'd like June, please.

Excellent idea, boa. AVENguy for December!

Cate

fluffy_hime

Hehe, I was gonna ask where you get the "glamour models" but I s'pose you can mesh anything in Photoshop nowadays..

Note from the Mod: The subject title of this thread had been changed to "Nude models wanted..." Most likely by someone who has been merrily altering things on the website for the past hour or so. I changed it back to (what I think was) the original title. If I got it wrong, Liver, please fix my error.

I would like to do this yet I do not have a scanner. I wonder if there is some place like a photocopy place that would scan pictures? Or could I have it photocopied on photo quality paper & send the copy to you or AVENguy? I do have a picture that might work for this...it is of me on the chariot that used to be in front of Starbucks. The picture was taken in either spring or summer. So April or July would be fine with me.

Could we also include a photo commerating the AVEN meet-up? Those pictures were really great...makes my heart swell everytime I see them. :D

Live R Perfect
Note from the Mod: The subject title of this thread had been changed to "Nude models wanted..." Most likely by someone who has been merrily altering things on the website for the past hour or so. I changed it back to (what I think was) the original title. If I got it wrong, Liver, please fix my error.

Julie: Looks fine to me, thanks :D

BOA: Yep! *Scribble scribble* OK, so:

January = Liverlicker

April = Juni321

June = CatePerfect

July = Jayann (I thought I'd put you next to Cate :wink: )

September = Aury

November = BOA

December = AVENguy

BOA: So you don't want to play along with the general theme of the calendar, then?

What does everyone else think about the AVEN meetup photos? (I assume you're talking about the one for the Discovery Channel documentary, Fama?)

Juni: If you can get a good quality copy of the photo and send it to someone else here who has a scanner, I'm sure they would e-mail it to me on your behalf.

Fluffy: Yeah, I will hunt around the magazines for some suitable images. Nothing TOO racey, mind! We'd have to look at this calendar everyday if we bought it!

What does everyone else think about the AVEN meetup photos? (I assume you're talking about the one for the Discovery Channel documentary, Fama?)

Yup! :D Josh and boa have some lovely ones here:

http://homepage.mac.com/operationrespectct/PhotoAlbum2.html

http://public.fotki.com/boa/more_middletown/

from this thread: http://www.asexuality.org/discussion/viewt...der=asc&start=0

Live R Perfect

Yeah, there are some good photos there, and it would be nice to commemorate that occasion. Perhaps we need to rethink what exactly we want on this calendar. The glamour model montage idea isn't popular with everybody, and it would be nice to have groups of us on there as well as individuals.

Now on the 3rd April, 4 of us Brits are planning to meet-up in Brighton, and there are bound to be some good photo opportunities then too (well, I'm certainly taking my camera anyway!).

Perhgaps we could take a different angle at this and commemorate different events each month? Like, we have AVENguy on the month when he first set up AVEN (when was that?), then we have the Discovery Channel documentary pics in November(?), and our British meetup pics in April...etc, etc.

Any other suggestions around this idea? Have there been any other particular AVEN-related events that you'd like to celebrate through the medium of a calendar?! Meetups?

I was also thinking that the calendar should have other dates recorded on it, like our birthdays(?).

Another possibility that crossed my mind would be to have caricatures of some of the regular members instead of photos (?).

I'm not against having more than one image or a photomontage of some kind on each month (?).

What do YOU think?

Live R Perfect

OK... as my earlier post on this thread has gone *poof*, I will recap what I said!

I went to look at the cafepress site and check out the calendars that they print. There is a choice of two types:

1. A single page calendar with just one large image area above which costs $3.99.

2. A month-a-page calendar with space for 13 images (12 months plus he front cover) and space within each month to make your own notes for $14.99.

Considering what we were discussing before, the 2nd option seems to fit the bill, but it depends on whether any of you would be willing to fork out $15 for a calendar. Personally I think it would be worth it just to be able to see the beautiful faces of your fellow AVENites staring back at you every day, but it is entirely up to the community at large which option we would take.

Hell... I guess we could do both if the vote is divided. The one-page calendar could just have a photomontage of all the images from the bigger calendar. That wouldn't be too much extra hassle! :D

bard of aven

I was tinking the 13-shot one, maybe a meetup photo on the cover. If you do the April meetup, we could use that somewhere too, for sure. We have a little time tho, I am thinking calendar year 2005. I do not think we can annotate individual dates using this venue, tho.

boa

Live R Perfect

Yeah, the actual calendar part is a standard design from what I can tell...

But we could always add information underneath the images themselves, like "Anniversaries / birthdays this month:...."

Its a possibility, anyhow :)

fluffy_hime
Another possibility that crossed my mind would be to have caricatures of some of the regular members instead of photos (?).

OOH, OOH! ::jumps up and down:: I know! ::pauses to catch breath::

Do anime caricatures!

There are chibi varieties, like this, with or without animal features:

ruri_chibi.jpg

Super kawaii, like my avatar..more fanciful styles like this:

Alice.jpg

Or more realistic, like AG's avatar:

spike.jpg

EDIT: One of the images stopped working and I had to remedy it.

Were I not so reluctant to dispense photos online, i'd take that old picture of Naeblis I saved for photoshop fun, and add in me holding a gun to his head, then suggest that.

Live R Perfect

Fluffy: I think that if we go for the 13 page calendar then each member who wants to be represented on there can choose the form they would take, and it should somehow tie in with what they do, like, are about. So if you're really into anime then you can choose to be represented with an anime character (though it has to be roughly based on what you ACTUALLY look like!). Now I've never drawn any anime but I'm sure it can't be too difficult, so I would give it a shot if you provided a photo to work from.

Of course, we haven't yet reached a formal decision as to whether to go ahead with the calendar yet - we need more votes and points of view, people!

Live R Perfect

Oops! I misunderstood! Well I guess thats up to the people who want to be on the calendar...

I think the 13 page calender will be great....more pictures that way!! :D

Live R Perfect

OK... are we agreed on the 13-page calendar, or do I have to start a new poll?

I know 2005 seems a long way away, but it'll take a while to compile all the images we want for the calendar, especially if I'm doing montages and drawings myself.

So please feel free to start e-mailing me any photos that you'd like used...

And keep the suggestions coming about other ways we could approach the design...:wink:

BOA: Do you have an account with Cafepress yet, and if so will I need a password or something when I want to get on there to put the calendar together?

bard of aven
OK... are we agreed on the 13-page calendar, or do I have to start a new poll?

I know 2005 seems a long way away, but it'll take a while to compile all the images we want for the calendar, especially if I'm doing montages and drawings myself.

So please feel free to start e-mailing me any photos that you'd like used...

And keep the suggestions coming about other ways we could approach the design...:wink:

BOA: Do you have an account with Cafepress yet, and if so will I need a password or something when I want to get on there to put the calendar together?

The account is open and I am building the storefront, hopefully it will open Sunday, more or less. I am happy and grateful to have you running with this project, and to anyone else who wants to design a particular item for the store. Please contact me if you have any ideas.

But my plan is not to share the store proprietor login info with anyone but AVENguy. Sorry it that seems haughty or snooty or egotistical, but my name, personal info and tax info are stored in that account, and I am very private about that sort of stuff. And I am responsible for the account. Giving out the login info to one member means giving it out to whoever wants it later for similar purposes. Do please pardon my paranoia about starting down that road.

If this is a problem for anyone, I am happy to discuss it openly or privately. And anyone who wants to check on my claim that there is no markup on the items in the store can check the store prices (when it opens) against the base proces cafepress charges, which are available on the public areas of the site.

But to the point at hand. It is great to start working on the 2005 calendar now. It would be great to have all the pix and other stuff (don't know what that is yet) ready to upload the day they make the 2005 calendars avaiolable on the site. Thanks again for taking this on.

boa

Archived