• Announcements

• Kisa the Krampus

World Watch Archiving Project

Hello everyone, Please read this thread before posting to World Watch Thank you.
    • Kelly

New team members needed   12/01/16

Voting has started.  See:   http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/151245-new-project-team-member-needed-resources-and-survey-director-voting/ http://www.asexuality.org/en/topic/151372-new-declass-team-members-needed-new-voting-thread/  
    • Kisa the Krampus

Avenues Jan/Feb 2017   01/09/17

The newest issue of Avenues is out Jan/Feb

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KAGU143

The INTRUDER ALERT thread: Help us to take out the trash!

1327 posts in this topic

If you happen to see that a spammer or a troll has posted on AVEN, please mention it here in this thread.

Include the name of the thread as well as the forum in which it appears and your friendly admod team will then take care of it as soon as possible.

Please do NOT post after it for any reason, because we are unable to completely delete threads or posts if there is anything after them. (It messes up the page counts.)

Thank You!

Got it.

Thank ye.

[edit number 2]Just realised I've spotted the same threads as AntiBubble![/edit number 2]

[edit]Whoops! Double post![/edit]

on it... thanks guys

Got it. Thanks! :)

Got it. Thanks! :)

Got it. It's been removed from public view.

This thread appears to be spam. Googling the first line of that post returns an identical post (which has since been deleted, so it exists only in the Google cache) by a user with the same name and sig on a different forum. Googling for that user's name returns many other spammy-looking posts and profiles on many different forums and blogs.

That appears to be a fairly advanced spambot (or possibly a human who is paid to post spam, but the posts appear somewhat botlike to me, and most of the posts and profiles are fairly recent, and a human probably couldn't register on that many sites and post that much in that short a time). The posts are often somewhat on-topic. It must look at the words in other posts (and probably page titles and other text on page) to determine what to post. It also seems to target several different forum and blog engines.

I saved the cached page, so any admod who wants to see it can PM me if that thread has been deleted from the cache already.

That's a strange one, but I'm not sure if it's spam or not.

It links back to a regional newspaper. If that newspaper is a fake, it's a darned good one - complete with functional links.

Why someone would copy and paste a newspaper article all over the net is beyond me, but the post doesn't seem to be doing anything other than slowly sinking into oblivion.

-GB

Yes, but it also links to a boarding school diretory and some CV/resume site, which look commercial.

I'd call it spam... especially as the identical post appears to have been made to nerdtest.com and deleted. (I imagine this is the same one andrew_w mentions.)

Oh well ... nobody will miss it, that's for sure.

*locks it and tosses it into the trash*

thanks got em

Gots it. Thanks.