Any Asexual video game characters?

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

I do wonder about the Viera too... there don't seem to be any male Viera... unless they're like Amazons or something.

Balthier :-) I think he is one of my favourite fictional people ever. I could believe he's asexy too actually. Fran travels with him and he doesn't seem too distracted by her clothes (or lack of).

And hahah! YES! I have the Balthier playarts figure too!

KieranTheWerewolf42
And hahah! YES! I have the Balthier playarts figure too!

It took me forever to find one. I got it at Otakon 2007. The sad part was I had to go with my mom and grandma. My mom started to get into it though when we saw a screening of FMA.

Most of the MK characters have an asexual thing about them. I don't remember anything sexual in that game

Darth Bob.

He's a character I made on Lego Star Wars II.

Umi_No_Tenshi

I would love to say Kaim from Lost Odyssey (he's just awesome) but he did have a daughter with his wife Sarah. And now that I think of it in the past he had several other wives and children. Shit. There goes my opinion out the window. Maybe Seth, I love how she just shoo's the prostitutes away in disk one. <3 But then again she has a son too. Damn it. I'm just striking out on this.

I swear there's quite a few asexual characters in the Final Fantasy series!

Definitely Captain Basch from FFXII.

I agree with you there, and perhaps Fran (and Viera in general) and Gabranth too. For some reason I have a compusion to add Balthier but I won't. I just think it has something to do with his action figure staring at me right now. Although, an asexy Balthier would make for an interesting fanfic. OK, I need to stop now before I go off topic even further.

I'm not really much of a shipper, but I'd always kind of hoped that there was something between Balthier and Fran. However, a fanfic chronicling Balthier's asexy adventures sounds A-MAZ-ING.

KieranTheWerewolf42
I swear there's quite a few asexual characters in the Final Fantasy series!

Definitely Captain Basch from FFXII.

I agree with you there, and perhaps Fran (and Viera in general) and Gabranth too. For some reason I have a compusion to add Balthier but I won't. I just think it has something to do with his action figure staring at me right now. Although, an asexy Balthier would make for an interesting fanfic. OK, I need to stop now before I go off topic even further.

I'm not really much of a shipper, but I'd always kind of hoped that there was something between Balthier and Fran. However, a fanfic chronicling Balthier's asexy adventures sounds A-MAZ-ING.

I'm not saying that there can't be anything between Balthier and Fran...just in a non-sexual way.

^^ It's okay. In truth, I get more of the "loyal to the death" kind of relationship from them... mostly in a professional sense. Of course you can't have that level of loyalty without some type of personal depth, but I think that's it. If you've seen or read Joss Whedon's "Serenity" series, I think their relationship resembles the one between Mal and Zoe.

KieranTheWerewolf42

I've never heard of the "Serenity" series. Is it good?

Whoa, don't get me started. It's pretty dang awesome.

It's a sci-fi series, unfortunately short-lived. It was a great, character-driven show, with awesome acting, storylines, effects, and probably some of the quirkiest, funnest dialogue (imho)... But because of FOX's poor editing and being placed in the Friday primetime deathslot it didn't even finish a season.</heartbreak>

Anywho, I'd imagine if you liked the kinds of stories and worlds crafted in the Final Fantasy games, you'd like Firefly/Serenity. If you'd like to get into it, I'd recommend you watch the series, "Firefly" (it's out on DVD, or I'm sure you can find it elsewhere). Make sure to watch it in the intended order, not the order it was broadcast, though! Afterward, the movie "Serenity" is a very fun watch.

only my second post ... but at the start of Majora's Mask (i think it's that one) Link remembers some kind of time spent with princess Zelda and it seemed to me like something was going on ("i'll never forget the time we spent together" or words to that effect) - i don't think he's asexual. He's a kid in most of the games anyway, so...

croc

Jillianimal
How about Shadow The Hedgehog.

Sonic is pretty asexual in my eyes.

I agree that Shadow could be ace. He's man-made, meant to be the ultimate lifeform. Why bother giving him a sexdrive?

I doubt that about Sonic though. He just seems to busy with life to care about having sex.

• 5 weeks later...
Sibylla-Vana
Link from the Legend of Zelda series!

I was always convinced that Link wanted to do Zelda. Maybe that's from spending too much time around teenage gamer boys in my high school years! <_<

But at least, there's totally an implied romance going on there, like at the end of the Link's Adventure game he awakens the princess and the curtain comes down, I think that suggests something.

At any rate, I'm happy to see a lot of fellow gamers on AVEN!

mort paradis
As a counterexample, take Prince Rurik from Guild Wars. Strong, handsome 20-30 year old guy, and a Prince to boot, who has the equally strong and good looking warrior woman Devona following him around with absolute loyalty. Yet, there is no point I've seen where there's anything more than battlefield camaraderie between them. They work very nicely together, and one can easily infer that she has interest in him, but he never interacts with her on that level. This, to me, suggests that he may be asexual. Gay works too, except there's a similar lack of anything resembling romance with male characters either. Could he be sexual? Certainly! But there's nothing to suggest it, and asexuality makes sense in light of what we know of him.

I don't think that Rurik is asexual, he was engaged to Althea until she was killed- though you don't really know much about their relationship besides the fact that he completely adores her. And then after her death he cares much more about helping his people then anything else for the rest of his time in the game.

...Is The Joker asexual? lol I don't know that much about anyone in Batman except that in MK vs. DC he's a difficult character to play

• 3 weeks later...
Reasoned Madness

I think Link from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a Homoromantic Asexual. Here are the clues.

Saria is basically telling young Link that she is in love with him at the end of his ordeal with the Deku Tree...the boy couldn't have run faster from her if he tried.

The Zora princess proposes to him and confesses love and he is like "Wtf? What are you talking about?" And just shrugs it off obliviously.

The Gerrudo princess hits on him like no tomorrow and obviously wants to bang him and still nothing from him in fact he seems a little uncomfortable around her.

At the end of the game, Zelda obviously wants to make out with him and he is like totally not getting it so she is like "F this. I'm sending you back in time."

The only person who knew he was gay was the Lon Lon Ranch chick, like the moment she met him. "Hey your a fairy boy." And NEVER EVER hits on him, doesn't even show the slightest bit of interest in him. he is just the "Fairy Boy"

And last but not least. Every time Shiek showed up he would always go want him/chase after him. Link wanted Shiek. I don't know about sexually but he def had a romantic interest in Shiek.

So there you have it. Homoromantic Asexual Link.

Jillianimal
...Is The Joker asexual? lol I don't know that much about anyone in Batman except that in MK vs. DC he's a difficult character to play

I don't know much about the comics, but I know in The Dark Knight he sure seemed sexual. There wasn't much evidence either way but that whole thing with meeting Rachael seemed to give it away.

Wait, he was in a videogame?

I think Link from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time is a Homoromantic Asexual. Here are the clues.

Saria is basically telling young Link that she is in love with him at the end of his ordeal with the Deku Tree...the boy couldn't have run faster from her if he tried.

The Zora princess proposes to him and confesses love and he is like "Wtf? What are you talking about?" And just shrugs it off obliviously.

The Gerrudo princess hits on him like no tomorrow and obviously wants to bang him and still nothing from him in fact he seems a little uncomfortable around her.

At the end of the game, Zelda obviously wants to make out with him and he is like totally not getting it so she is like "F this. I'm sending you back in time."

The only person who knew he was gay was the Lon Lon Ranch chick, like the moment she met him. "Hey your a fairy boy." And NEVER EVER hits on him, doesn't even show the slightest bit of interest in him. he is just the "Fairy Boy"

And last but not least. Every time Shiek showed up he would always go want him/chase after him. Link wanted Shiek. I don't know about sexually but he def had a romantic interest in Shiek.

So there you have it. Homoromantic Asexual Link.

100% correct now that I think about it.

Now it's time to figure out Ganondorf's (a)sexuality.....*goes to put up Ganondorf avatar*

Jillianimal
sega-sonic.jpg
How is Sonic asexual?

Sonic kinda seems asexual. He's never really in any kind of situation to tell whether he's asexual or sexual though

sonofzeal

Well, he had that comic book series for a while. Did he have a love interest in that?

(not that asexuals can't have love interests, but popular culture ties sex and romance together so tightly that, baring any extra evidence, we should generally assume that a romantic character is a sexual character)

Jillianimal
Well, he had that comic book series for a while. Did he have a love interest in that?

(not that asexuals can't have love interests, but popular culture ties sex and romance together so tightly that, baring any extra evidence, we should generally assume that a romantic character is a sexual character)

Sonic? Yeah he definitely has a love interest, but like you just said, it's hard to tell if there's anything else to it.

I was thinking Link, too. In OoT he has all the girls interested in him, and he doesn't react... However, he is a little kid for half of the game, so perhaps that's it.

Phoenix Wright characters, perhaps? I was thinking that Miles Edgeworth might be asexual, as he has both men and women practically THROWING themselves at him, but he's seemingly interested in no one, and is outright horrified when some of the other characters show their feelings for him... (though admittedly anyone would be horrified if Oldbag came onto them).

Oh, and Cooking Mama. Cooking Mama is SO asexual.

• 2 months later...

I'd like to think Heather Mason from the Silent Hill series is, since her sexual preference is never brought up and she gives no hint of romantic attraction to any of the other characters. The only love that she shows is platonic love for her father, Harry Mason.

That, and she kicks ass. ;)

Archived