Any Asexual video game characters?

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

I think Luna from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete is asexual. She and Alex have a pure, childhood love that connects and binds them on a deeply spiritual level. Sex and kissing are never mentioned at all. The most I see them do is hold hands and go try to save the world together! ^_^*

Plus, she's a goddess. They have a very chaste, child-like romance.

Also, I'd say Luccia from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is asexual. She doesn't even understand romantic feelings at first!

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

My brother plays the Lunar games. He keeps trying to get me to play them but I wanted to play final fantasy 6 first. I'm still in the middle of playing metal gear 3 substinence (if I spelled that right lol) And I started to play Ico to (the prequel game to shadow of the colossus) I just beat silent hill 4 the room, and I kind of noticed that Walter Sullivan dude might be asexual because he's mostly into the killing thing rather than anything about sex. If that isn't the creepiest thought lol if anyone knows who walter sullivan is.

I have a suspicion that Prince Rurik, from Guild Wars, is asexy. There's potential chemistry with Devona, but they seem to have more of a lord/retainer relationship.

Ner'zhul in Warcraft before he became the Lich King (and after, for that matter.) All he cared about was what was best for him and his people, especially after he became War chief of the Old Horde.

My brother plays the Lunar games. He keeps trying to get me to play them but I wanted to play final fantasy 6 first. I'm still in the middle of playing metal gear 3 substinence (if I spelled that right lol) And I started to play Ico to (the prequel game to shadow of the colossus) I just beat silent hill 4 the room, and I kind of noticed that Walter Sullivan dude might be asexual because he's mostly into the killing thing rather than anything about sex. If that isn't the creepiest thought lol if anyone knows who walter sullivan is.

Oh dear, Walter. Great character set-up but I felt that they didn't really delve as much as they could've for his story. His victims have pretty nice stories though, like Jimmy Stone and his resemblance to certain... things, and George Rosten.

• 3 weeks later...
well I think maybe organization 13 from kingdom hearts maybe asexual but I'm not sure I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on them to on what their orientation might be

I think I agree for most of the organization! The only one I'd say wasn't asexual was Roxas because of the whole Namine angle, but then again, it's never really mentioned/brought up.

hmm, i don't know.... maybe kingdom hearts organization XIII?

it's very difficult to say, since many games doesn't show anything related to asexuality/sexuality content

The only thing anywhere near that in the whole game is when Kairi hugs Sora - and his reaction made me laugh. Like "Uh... *puts arms around hesitantly*"

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

Yeah that part was funny Sora looked so suprised and donald and goofy were like "lol he got owned by a hug" It kinda lookds like Sora has a kinda crush on Kairi throughout the game (part 2 that is) but they don't really mention anything like that. Then they have the popauo fruit thing in the first one O_o *rethinks*

• 1 month later...

Sonic the hedgehog...who literally runs away when girls ask him out. And he does stuff like give a girl friend a flower to cheer her up and then gets confused when she thinks it's a romantic gesture.

Sonic the hedgehog...who literally runs away when girls ask him out. And he does stuff like give a girl friend a flower to cheer her up and then gets confused when she thinks it's a romantic gesture.

True, I forgot sonic

• 2 weeks later...

I'm playing this game right now called Culpa Innata and the main character seems kind of asexual. I mean she mentions having sex in the game, but she didn't really enjoy it and she is in a relationship with this guy, but doesn't get much out of the relationship either. She mentions having not found any guys that interest her. She seems like she's in a state of confusion actually, so she may still be sexual, but I won't know for sure until I finish the game. If nothing changes I think it could be safe to say she could be asexual.

The game itself is really good and I highly recommend it.

I think Luna from Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete is asexual. She and Alex have a pure, childhood love that connects and binds them on a deeply spiritual level. Sex and kissing are never mentioned at all. The most I see them do is hold hands and go try to save the world together! ^_^*

Plus, she's a goddess. They have a very chaste, child-like romance.

Also, I'd say Luccia from Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is asexual. She doesn't even understand romantic feelings at first!

I remember that game my brother has it. I haven't played it in a long time (Lunar Silver Star Story) I think I know the character you're talking about but I didn't get really deep into the characters storylines though. I barely played the game but I've seen it and most of the characters.

Does anyone think Henry Townshend from Silent Hill 4 is asexual? He has that kind of attitude when Cynthia flirts with him in the subway station and his reaction is mostly nothing (I laughed when I saw that part because his reaction is funny lol)

• 2 weeks later...
You got to play the game Okage: Shadow King. I think there ALOT of asexy characters in there. :)

Yes! And I loved that game!

Game with the least asexy peoples: Sims...goshdarn they are so needy in the Woohoo department...

Yes! And I loved that game!

Game with the least asexy peoples: Sims...goshdarn they are so needy in the Woohoo department...

I had one Sims couple that wasn't married or anything but was living together, with absolute maximum feelings for eachother... and the one who was modeled after an asexual in real life never ONCE got an Ambition thingy to do with the other, except for "[partner] meet aliens". Seemed pretty asexy to me. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

Since video games with explicit (or implicit) sexual contact aren't all that common, how can we tell the asexual romantics from sexuals? For all we know, Mario and Princess Toadstool could be asexual. (Or not; the comic at Video Game Cats depict Mario as a gay sex maniac. I think the author has issues, to say the least.)

Since video games with explicit (or implicit) sexual contact aren't all that common, how can we tell the asexual romantics from sexuals? For all we know, Mario and Princess Toadstool could be asexual. (Or not; the comic at Video Game Cats depict Mario as a gay sex maniac. I think the author has issues, to say the least.)

Generally, "asexual video game characters" can be more accurately described as "aromantic". Mario and Toadstool are obviously in a relationship, and while what goes on in their bedroom is (hopefully) a mystery, there's no evidence to suggest asexuality there.

As a counterexample, take Prince Rurik from Guild Wars. Strong, handsome 20-30 year old guy, and a Prince to boot, who has the equally strong and good looking warrior woman Devona following him around with absolute loyalty. Yet, there is no point I've seen where there's anything more than battlefield camaraderie between them. They work very nicely together, and one can easily infer that she has interest in him, but he never interacts with her on that level. This, to me, suggests that he may be asexual. Gay works too, except there's a similar lack of anything resembling romance with male characters either. Could he be sexual? Certainly! But there's nothing to suggest it, and asexuality makes sense in light of what we know of him.

Yeah I agree. There's no real way of telling if certain game characters are asexual because they dn't show much of being asexual or sexual. I thought OrgXIII would be asexual because there's no hint of them acting towards anything sexual but I don't know. I can't really think of anyone else except that they said Psycho Mantis might be asexual (from metal gear) and I agree he probably is since he tells how he is disgusted by how people breed to pass on their genes. *thumbs up for psycho mantis*

• 3 weeks later...

Sephiroth was so asexual it hurt. :lol: which is part of the reason he's so cool.

Xenogears (also by Squaresoft) is absolutely LOADED with asexual characters. Not to be confused with Xenosaga.

What about Kain, Raziel and those other dude's from Legacy of Kain?

Topless ghosts float along and they don't even blink.

Though I can't quite work out exactly why, Jade Curtiss (the guy- yes, he's a man- in my avatar) from Tales of the Abyss strikes me as being an aromantic asexual. I think it's a combination of the facts that he's in his forties and not yet married and there are no in-game mentions of previous romantic interactions (and this is a game that delves pretty deeply into the characters' personal lives), that he tends to not relate to people well on anything other than a proffesional level, his androgynous appearance, that he's cynical and overall has a none-too-positive view of people, and his dark sense of humor.

Then again, he's borderline sociopathic, so maybe he's not quite the kind of example for asexuality we'd want. ^^;

• 2 weeks later...

Shadow The Hedgehog. He doesn't care about romance he'd rather go shoot something.

• 1 month later...

Shadow is a good example..Even though this character I'm gonna mention isn't a video game character how about Kadaj from Advent Children? The movi's from a game still.

What about Kain, Raziel and those other dude's from Legacy of Kain?

Topless ghosts float along and they don't even blink.

I've pretty much only watched someone play Legacy of Kain and spent about 15 minutes playing Soul Reaver. But those guys seem really uninterested in sex. I'm not sure Raziel has any genitalia even, at least not in Soul Reaver.

Just like some has mentioned above it's really hard to tell whether a character is asexual or not, since we don't really know what might go on behind the scenes etc. So one has to trust the hunch.

I'm pretty sure Leisure Suit Larry isn't asexual though. :lol:

A Dexter game huh?

Doesn't he start to 'mend' though? It seems to me like he is.

Yeah, he certainly becomes more sexual over the course of the show. Whether or not he still reaches into asexual territory at that point is up for debate.

I also agree that (contrary to fandom beliefs) Organizaton XIII in KH are asexual. Not only because of their social interactions, but because of the mechanics of how they came about... what, they don't have any true emotions but they have raging sex drives? C'mon.

The Jedi Exile from Knights of the Old Republic II also seems like a good candidate for being asexual. Whether you set the gender as male or female, the Exile does not return the feelings of any of the romantic interests in the party. (Although you can have a male Exile express interest in beautiful women, the female Exile shows no such interest.) It's definitely different to the main character in KOTOR I--in that one, you had the option of romancing party members, and they wouldn't fall for you unless you did (except maybe Juhani with a female MC). But in KOTOR II, Disciple and Atton fall for a female Exile, and Handmaiden and Visas fall for a male Exile regardless of your behavior towards them. And the options for reciprocaton certainly aren't as intense as they are in KOTOR I (where there's a kiss involved).

Master Chief from Halo. According to the books his modifications have a number of side effects, one of which is no sex drive.

Really? I heard somewhere that he was gay. (Word of mouth, I'm not sure if it's true.)

Archived