Any Asexual video game characters?

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

Does anyone know of any asexual video game characters? I always thought psycho mantis from metal gear solid was an asexual because I always used to sit and watch the scene and think to myself (..man..he thinks alot like me) and then I learned about asexuality and I confirmed on wikipedia that psycho mantis was an asexual or thought to be one. I was just wondering if anyone knew of any other video game characters that had the hint of being asexual.

O RLY? I didn't know I said that outloud xD -Vexen the chilly alchemist (I wish he said O RLY in the game lol)

Vexen___O_RLY__by_LightningGuy.jpg

Totally Cloud and Sephiroth of Final Fantasy VII. Maybe also Terra from FF3/6.

ConspiracyDawg

Master Chief from Halo. According to the books his modifications have a number of side effects, one of which is no sex drive.

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

True, I forgot about sephiroth and cloud. I never played halo before so I don't really know much about master chief though I've heard of him and seen him on spoofs he looks like a cool game character

SadNoirPlot

...judging by the number of yaoi fanworks, Cloud and Sephiroth sure don't seem asexual :lol: .

I'd say it's extremely difficult to judge the "asexualness" of vg characters, because their sexual orientation is often not specified (and when it's defined, it's by their previous/present relationships).

That said, I think Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear Solid is definitely asexual, even antisexual.

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

yeah i know about the yaoi fanart stuff..sadly. the whole yaoi thing disgusts me. and you can't judge a game character's orientation by fanart you gotta judge them by in the game. in ff7 sephiroth seems asexual but cloud.eh..he liked aeries so i dunno. well I think maybe organization 13 from kingdom hearts maybe asexual but I'm not sure I'd like to hear other peoples opinions on them to on what their orientation might be

lol Axel isn't happy because somebody took his muffins

axelmuffins.png

but cloud.eh..he liked aeries so i dunno.

He was vaguely romantic with her, but both Aeris and Tifa both pretty much throw themselves at him the whole game and he just doesn't seem to even notice.

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

yeah..tifa is the one who does that the most and cloud doesn't either seem to get it or he knows it and doesn't care or something

panic_teh_s00prn00b

Possibly the Master Chief, as ConspiracyDawg said.

According to The Fall of Reach, page 57 (yes I know, I'm a loser) one side-effect of the catalytic thyroid implant is suppressed sexual desire. However, it is unknown whether or not John does in fact 'suffer' (for lack of a better word) from this side-effect. There were other risks such as blindness and death that obviously missed Spartan 117. It is unknown whether or not the side-effect of surpessed secual desire is a definate or simply a possible effect.

As far as I am aware, at no point in either the games or the books does he display any level of attraction to anyone. One could therefore make the argument that he is probably asexual. I did a brief check of Bungie.net, couldn't find any confirmation.

As for myself, I think he is.

• 2 weeks later...

hmm, i don't know.... maybe kingdom hearts organization XIII?

it's very difficult to say, since many games doesn't show anything related to asexuality/sexuality content

Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

yeah i was thinking them to (organization xiii) they kinda give off the impression they are thats another reason why i like them.

SHODAN from System Shock was certainly asexual, but that's not a large accomplishment for an AI. Magus from Chrono Trigger's also a possibility.

...come to think of it, a lot of villians come across as asexual. That's not reasurring. o.o

On disk one, maybe even two, of FFVIII I thought Squall was a bit asexual. No interest in relationships even. But then disk three comes along and well... boo to that.

But

Magus becomes a good guy later on

...come to think of it, a lot of villians come across as asexual. That's not reasurring. o.o

I once read an article, I think it may have been here, of what makes a good villian. It was mentioned that the best villians generally have something that makes them inhuman and a lack of things that people can relate to, thus allowing people to hate them. Most people can relate to the hero wanting the girl/guy. Since the villian is usually not trying to accomplish this, thats one less thing to relate to. Or we could be a jerk and say that's one thing that makes them more inhuman. I'm gonna stick with the former though.

Of course there's always villians who want to ressurect their dead wife (or cure their cryogenically frozen wife so they may unfreeze her).

I'm not widely versed in video games, but I think Ahnassi - the Khajit (cat anthro) character in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind can be seen as a hetero-romantic asexual. She only wants to be your "very special friend" if your character is male. She makes it clear that she finds you aesthetically pleasing, commenting on your "smooth moves", but nothing really sexual is intimated from that. This isn't a game that shies away from sexual things, either - there are other characters who ask you to take off your clothes, or kiss them, or promise to table-top dance for you ...

Hallucigenia
But

Magus becomes a good guy later on

But does he stay asexy? :D

Magus doesn't really bond with the group the way the other playable characters in Chrono Trigger do. I'm not sure if that's an indication of asexuality so much as general asociality and disagreeableness and obsession with hunting down Lavos. Plus the fact that he was trying to kill them a bit earlier in the game would probably put a damper on things.

He does seem to actually care about his sister, which (one would hope) is a strong, nonsexual relationship. But you don't actually have to be a card-carrying asexy to have one of those, especially since he was a little kid when he knew her. I don't think we know enough about him to say either way.

SadNoirPlot
Magus from Chrono Trigger's also a possibility.

I think there's no definitive proof. If you judge Magus asexual, you'd have to consider 95% of the CT characters asexual too. I think he's just antisocial (which would account for the absence of double techniques with him).

(By the way, I love that game :) ...I suppose your nick is derived from CT's kingdom of Zeal, isn't it? Best part of the game IMHO.)

One character that could seriously be asexual is Soren the mage from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. As always, there's no definitive proof, but he screams asexiness to me...might just be his cynical PoV though.

I think there's no definitive proof. If you judge Magus asexual, you'd have to consider 95% of the CT characters asexual too. I think he's just antisocial (which would account for the absence of double techniques with him).

(By the way, I love that game :) ...I suppose your nick is derived from CT's kingdom of Zeal, isn't it? Best part of the game IMHO.)

One character that could seriously be asexual is Soren the mage from Fire Emblem Path of Radiance. As always, there's no definitive proof, but he screams asexiness to me...might just be his cynical PoV though.

My screenname is a reference to Janus, the son of Queen Zeal, yes. I also believe strongly in the power of passion ("zeal") to motivate definitive actions.

What other characters would qualify as asexual? Chrono and Marle, no - they have kids eventually. Frog no - he maries Marle in an alternate ending. Lucca maybe - but if you do Mountain of Woe right, there's the strong implication she has a serious crush on Crono, which doesn't disqualify her but does make it unlikely. Ayla DEFINITELLY no. Robo doesn't count. As far as CT goes, Magus is definitelly the best bet for asexuality. He's the one who expresses the least interest in the opposite sex, or his own for that matter. Part of that's him being antisocial, yes, but many asexuals are antisocial (in the colloquial sense). He seems completely unconcerned with romance. Mostly though, he just gives me that asexual vibe, even if him and Ayla would make a great couple.

Oh, and I didn't mean to imply that he's a true villian, just that most villians tend towards asexuality a lot more than most heroes.

What other characters would qualify as asexual? ... Frog no - he maries Marle in an alternate ending.

Oo, I think I missed that one.

Lucca maybe - but if you do Mountain of Woe right, there's the strong implication she has a serious crush on Crono, which doesn't disqualify her but does make it unlikely.

I don't remember that bit, but -

***SPOILERS***

I do remember, after Crono dies, if you pick Lucca for your party from that courtyard where they all hang out at The End Of Time, she says that 'Crono was like a brother to her'.

I don't think she's asexual, though. In one of the endings, if you chose to kill the Magus, Frog turns back into a human and Lucca is quite taken by him.

• 2 weeks later...
Hallucigenia

Isn't there also the alternate ending where Marle and Lucca are looking at a slide show of all the random unimportant male NPCs in the game and evaluating their respective attractiveness?

You have to defeat Lavos at some really crazy early point in the game to get to it.

(Incidentally, it's the only point in the entire game where Crono actually has any lines.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Alchemist_of_Ice

lol pacman. I don't think he'd qualify because there was Ms pacman and didn't they have baby pacmans? I don't remember but I do remember Ms pacman

I'm a hardcore gamer so let me think, there's Wario and Waluigi, can't say Bowser cause he's got a thing for Peach. As distrubing as it sounds he writes that in his diary during Paper Mario. Master Cheif is one, I remember reading somewhere on Wikipedia that Birdo is one. King K. Rool from the Donkey Kong Country series I think is asexual.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived