Uhm, hi ^_^

Mitya

Hi there,

I am not really sure what to write, but whatevs.

I have been lurking fer about a month or so, trying to figure out whether or not I should join and so forth. So I just wanted to say hi and it's really nice to have found a place like this.

I suppose I should do a little bio piece as well, just fer fun I guess. I am 23 and got out of my only really serious relationship about 9 months ago. It was about then that I figured out a few little things, the foremost being that physical intimacy beyond hugging and light kissing (at most) does not interest me and actually makes me quite nervous. I had always imagined having a family and so forth, but never thought about the acts that having children of my own would necessitate, now I understand why, I think. *shrug*

Strange thing is that I still have crushes and so forth, but absolutely no desire to do anything beyond talking and being around them (most people can't understand that, but somehow I think the people here might be able to ;-).

Well, hope everyone has had a good holiday season so far and that the rest of it goes smoothly and without too much stress. ^_^

VivreEstEsperer

<font size=2.5> Welcome to the board Mitya! We're so glad you joined us :) I know what you mean about the thinking rather abstractly "Yeah I want this" but not thinking about the actual acts that would have to go into having it- then you decide maybe you don't want that so much anymore! If you want kids I'm sure you can always adopt. :)

Hope you had a good holiday-

Kate

Thanks Kate, I agree completely, right now I am not sure if I still want a family. Meh, who knows, perhaps eventually.

I think that adoption would be a really good idea, at least in part to ensure children have a home to grow up in (one of the things that I am studying is education, so I am a little soft-hearted when it comes to children).

Hiya Orpheus, I will try to post a bit, but I am usually kinda busy and a bit shy when it comes to posting on-line, so . . . Of course, then again perhaps I should put some effort into talking more. We'll see (or not depending ;P

Thanks and I hope that everyone enjoys themselves. ^_^

P.S. Hmm, does anyone know how one go about getting the emoticons in the messages? (I am relatively new to the whole internet thing) Thanks :)

hey, mitya. glad to have you aboard. hope to hear from you more often.

boy, do i feel your pain. i have crushes, too, but when i think about actually going through w/ it & dating the person & what that entails, i just say "to hell w/ it" & back the hell away.

i would adopt kids, too. maybe. as soon as my nieces & nephews quit driving me nuts. (so in other words, no.)

God only knows about that emoticons thing. i'm still trying to figure out how you get the bloody things in the messages instead of in the headings...

*Strange thing is that I still have crushes and so forth, but absolutely no desire to do anything beyond talking and being around them (most people can't understand that, but somehow I think the people here might be able to ;-).

I can! Definitely! We're talking about that on another board. I'm also planning adopting a child, but not until a few years down the road, probably when I'm around 30. You're in good company =0)

Hiya aury and Plasmatica. Thanks for the welcome. ^_^

My reaction to raising children is similar to aury's reaction to dating, i.e. do I really what to go through that? I really like kids, but raising one? I dunno. It feels kindof like a moth's attraction to fire. :?

Hmm, the really twisted part about a crush is that I (we) can honestly tell them 'I like you a lot, just not THAT way.' and still be completely infatuated *SIGH* (sorry, currently have a crush on someone right now, who is leaving the country soon, oh well).

g'luck everyone and I agree with Plasmatica, I am in good company :wink:

(There should be a few emoticons, if not then I messed up *shrug*)

i'm watching my 2 week old niece right now. i feel so fortunate; all she does is sleep.

anyway, the hell do i need kids for?! i have enough w/ the 6-pack of nieces & nephews now!!! criminy.........

hi mitya :)

wow, do i sympathize, especially with being completely infatuated without wanting anythign sexual and not knowing how to express that to a person. it's so painful.

aury: ^_^, agreed, a 6 pack, I don't think I could handle that, best of luck. I am glad my family is kinda smallish and distant.

Hiya nevers, yeah, and what's really painful is when the caring seems to be mutual. Thanks ^_^

Archived