Suicide

RekrabMot

I lost a dear friend when I was 17, all though we never talked about it, I think they could no cope with their sexuality and probably bullying. It has affected how i deal with people now

I am sad that during the last few years at school I was not a better friend, you know how it is when you are young and you go with different social groups. I guess i could have stopped the bullying, this is why I really hate bullies now and have a hang up about it. I even argue with friends when they mock other friends for the way they look etc. Since then i have also never gone with the flow, I have gone with how i feel and what is right, this has caused problems at work with one particular person, and those problems have only been resolved recently.

I often think of my friend as they introduced me to the guitar, plucking those 6 strings certainly saved me during my dark times and eventually put any thoughts of suicide to bed permanently.

• 5 months later...
Guest FrozenCherry

I am totally cool with suicide. I attempt twice. My family accept suicide, my sis showed for me how to cut my wrists right way at next time.

I've contemplated suicide once - even came up with two suicide plans, the second one being in place should the first one fail quickly enough. I would of carried them out if it hadn't been for a well-timed telephone call from my Mum that helped me realise that there was hope after all.

Dad had schitzophrenia, and he had tried to throw himself in front of a train a couple of times. One day, my aunt in Lincolnshire was looking after me and Sharn, and he travelled all the way up there to say "Goodbye" before his latest attempt.

carried in bags
in the shadows of the bottom draw.
A cut-up worm dies in pieces

I am really not in favor of suicide, generally speaking, but especially with younger people who are physically healthy.

I can see where it might be different for those with terminal illnesses, though, because medical costs can completely erase a lifetime's worth of savings while a person's suffering is being prolonged to the bitter end. In those situations I can understand where it might be the best option. Even our state legislators had to face that reality (finally!) and doctor-assisted suicide is now legal here in WA.

-GB

I don't know how I feel about suicide.

I can understand how it feels to have somebody close to you do it and you be completely in the dark and lost. That grief can eat you up inside. It's less about 'they've gone' but 'they were going through pain and I didn't realise'. Hell, you blame yourself - the pain just gets moved onto you and I've known a number of people who experience depression after losing a loved one to depression.

I myself experience depression which... it's hard to tell if it's getting better or worse but I'm still here and I plan to be here to-morrow. It's a start. :lol:

I don't believe there is anything wrong with feeling depressed - nobody can control it and if we could I could bet we would shut those feelings off instantly. I have no issues with anybody comtemplating suicide either. I do it myself. Perhaps people reading this will exclaim: 'oh no! Don't do it!' I don't plan to but thinking about it... it calms me down. I'm still working through my problems and lots of times I feel as though there is no way out so I make one. It's not a pretty one but it's an escape route. It's a sort of freedom. It's comforting. I go through numberous ideas and eventually I'll start thinking of ways out whilst still being alive and I've fixed that temporary issue.

It'll come back and I'll do it again. Always works for me.

Everybody has the right to do what they want to do but as long as they know what they're doing. If they were suffering from an incurable illness I would understand that suicide and if I ever have something like that I would hop over to Switzerland as soon as possible. I think it's more horrible to live seven years in a horrible state, pain, in a home, than one year, enjoying yourself, saying goodbye, leaving people with good memories and letting them all know you're saving yourself misery by opting out earlier than expected. Perhaps selfish but I would let anybody take the same decision.

Besides I don't believe my mum would look after my cats properly if I die now.

bluebanana2014

I've attempted suicide plenty of times in the past, but I am not suicidal anymore. I am always in check of my sanity. I hope I can inspire other people to get help if they need help and no-I don't mean going to a psych-ward, I mean talking things out, seeing a therapist, help does exist.

i've contemplated it. but then my mom died and religion got in the way. the whole you kill yourself, you go to hell. i believe in heaven and i want to go there. i wanna see my mom again.i know she's there ^^. that's my reason for not killing myself. it sounds stupid and controversial but it keeps me alive.

I've been badly depressed since I was about 11 (my first suicide attempt- the second being at 18) and been a self harmer since I was 12. I can't see a future any more. Goodness knows I've tried over the years, but I've found the pathway has become more and more foggy and I've just lost more and more energy to walk it. I don't know who I am any more or what I want in life, and you can't go in a direction if you don't know what you are aiming at.

I understand that suicide is devastating for people around you, but sometimes living is a torture to the person themselves and everyone has a pain threshhold that life can reach eventually. People tell me sometimes that I "have my whole life ahead of me", a fact that I don't particularly want to be reminded of. For the sake of others, must I suffer this mental agony for another, what, potentially 70 or 80 years?

I don't think there is a good side to suicide. Selfish? No. Not unless you do it to spite someone (like trying to take your family with you).

Even our state legislators had to face that reality (finally!) and doctor-assisted suicide is now legal here in WA.

But only in cases where two doctors swear that the person will die within 6 months. The guy who was most instrumental in getting assisted suicide passed through our legislature has Parkinson's, and he won't be helped because it's not considered a terminal illness. :(

That's true, but I still see the change as an encouraging one. Baby steps are better than none at all.

It may take time, but once the voters get used to the idea of having a choice when they only have 6 months left, I hope they will reconsider and grant that same choice to those who are facing a longer life sentence of constant pain and gradual deterioration.

-GB

CreepyCrawler

Death is soooo boring. I can't imagine a life so bad that I'd choose the endless nothing of death. For me, everything is a reason to live. The sunshine, cool breezes, the changing of the seasons, flavors and smells, colors, music, watching animals, flowers, old friends (and new ones), running your hand over something smooth, certain bodily functions, dreams, discovery, HALLOWEEN!...There's just soo much you don't get to do when you're dead.

I mean sure everyone has the right to off themselves. But I cannot possibly comprehend what would make me want to miss out on all the stuff that life offers! STUFF! Sensation! I'm hungry for it.

I like life

Life likes me

Life and I fairly fully agree

Life is fine

Life is good

'Specially mine, which is just as it should be

I like pouring the wine and why not?

Life's a pleasure that I deny not

I like life

Here and now

Life and I made a mutual vow

'Till I die

Life and I

We'll both try to be better somehow

And if life were a woman

She would be my wife

So in conclusion. Death? Boring. Life? Interesting. People try to invent these grand reasons to live, and I think it's rather silly. Every day of life is full of thousands of tiny, seemingly trivial things to live for. Thing that you never get to do in death. And if you can't think of even one then I think that's just lazy.

And what the hell about the apple seed thing?! I didn't know those were poisonous! I've been eating those! Like, chewing them up and eating them with every apple I ate. I thought they tasted good. >>

Guest FrozenCherry
I can't imagine a life so bad that I'd choose the endless nothing of death.

You can switch the places with me if you want to know what is live brain dead with walls :D

Walls and a computer! Don't forget the computer!

Computers can get all sorts of problems if they think that you don't appreciate them enough.

*strokes the computer*

Nice computer. Good baby. Please keep working.

-GB

Guest FrozenCherry

Walls and a computer! Don't forget the computer!

Computers can get all sorts of problems if they think that you don't appreciate them enough.

*strokes the computer*

Nice computer. Good baby. Please keep working.

-GB

:lol:

I cannot forget computer because bad guys made living with computer as hell for me. Stalker programs and stuff... I already saw nightmares that when I take my computer out off electric it continues blah blah for me. What all they can do....

What a horror it can be. But it is only way to keep any kind of connection with other ppl. Let's say that walls are only safe thing who with to live... :rolleyes:

WünderBâhr

I've attempted it in the past. It's not a secret amongst people I know and talk to about suicide. I am as my name implies, Bipolar. I've spent the better part of my life trying to gain control over my moods or at least over my decisions when in those moods. Most of the time I win, but sometimes my mind goes back to those very dark and seemingly never-ending spaces. I don't think there should be a stigma for how people feel, but I think it should be said that the decisions you make DO affect those around you. You didn't ask for it, and neither did they, to some extent. If you die by means of suicide, it can be interpreted as a slap in the face to those who cared. When you're really that far gone, it's hard to see anything beyond your own pain. I can definitely relate to that. I do admit, though, that being reminded of the pain it caused my family to know that there was nothing they could have done... Well, that sucks as well.

I was fortunate enough to have a complete stranger talk to me and change my perspective enough that I never attempted it again. Have I thought about it? Sure. Is it wrong to think about suicide? I don't think so. If you can't help but go down that path, then that's where you will be, regardless of how you should feel about other people. But it does affect more than just you.

I'm not the type of person to use suicidal thoughts as part of my therapy. If I were, I'd probably have gone through with it a long time ago. It's the idea that I'm able to fight against it and make reasons for myself to live... That has helped me stick around for this long. But this is my case.. my situation. How others feel and deal with things is different, and I can respect that.

Suicide is so hard both for the survivors and the one who commits suicide. I would like to think that in most cases suicide is preventable with treatment. But I just don't know.

I have lost a mentor and a psychotherapist to suicide. The only two funerals I have attended were for them. I was angry at my psychotherapist for committing suicide (but strangely not at my mentor). I don't know if it was justified anger but I just wish she had ended her theraputic relationships with me first and then committed suicide. I guess when you are in a world of pain like that you don't have the energy and forethought to do something like that. It was quite wrenching to end therapy in that way. It took me a year or two to get used to my new therapist. I still feel angry at the old therapist and then I feel guilty for being angry at her as she must have been suffering so much if death was the only way out.

In a couple of years I am thinking of participating in the American Society for Suicide Prevention's Out of the Darkness Overnight walk to raise funds for suicide prevention.

Cathy

hmmm... So tonight I watched someone fall to their death in front of close to 2,000 people and I was thinking about this thread on here. Suicide can be a very selfish thing. I mean... death can be memorable and when that memory is in the minds of others.... oh FUCK... I don't know... hmmmmm......... I am just really upset that I am really upset....This has been one crazy year.

PLEASE DON'T KILL YOURSELF!

So in conclusion. Death? Boring. Life? Interesting. People try to invent these grand reasons to live, and I think it's rather silly. Every day of life is full of thousands of tiny, seemingly trivial things to live for. Thing that you never get to do in death. And if you can't think of even one then I think that's just lazy.

But if physical and/or emotional pain is so great it stops you being able to appreciate the little things, that's what makes someone suicidal. It doesn't makes sense to live for some little positive things, if it's far outweighed by big negatives. Little positive things only make life worth living if the alternative was neutral "boring" life.

I don't think people should live in order to keep others happy. If you can't take away another's pain in living, then you shouldn't expect them to carry on living just to stop you feeling bad that they've killed themselves. That's more selfish.

Archived