What level/type of asexual are you?

choose_abstinence

What level/type of asexual are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• hypersexual(must mate as often as possible, super high drive/horny)
    • vanilla sexual(you may further explain what "sexual" you are)
    • hyposexual(Barely care about mating, low horniness/libido)
    • nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway. Have a drive.)
    • nearly asexual without drive(lacking a drive)
    • hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual(same as me)
    • aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)
    • aromantic-repulsed-asexual(even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)
    • Other/none of above. Explain in your post.

This poll is closed to new votes

I'm a bit bemused to see this thread keeps resurrecting, and I can't be the only one.

OK, discussions about "types" of asexual are always interesting, particularly to people exploring an asexual identity for themselves for the first time and finding their feet. As Heligan says above:

"Things is over time my responses have changed...I think a lot depends on how much I was trying to force myself to feel something, rather than just go through the motions... which makes me wonder how useful it is to classify ourselves like this if all it is reflecting is our state of mind at a particular point in time (reflecting reasons that might be extremely varied). Still I guess its still good to have to think about this stuff, and how the social possibilities change depending which group you happen to be in."

However, the wording of this poll was very much the work of the original poster choose_abstinence, a very particular individual with very particular views, some way outside the Aven mainstream whatever that is, and who has not been around for some time. So where some people are questioning the detailed categories, that is the reason.

New Penny

Pretty serious romantic drive but I bolt with similar seriousness at the idea of sex with subject of said drive.

But I sometimes suspect that one day the romantic drive might just outweigh the fear of the sex. Such that I might approach sex in a quiet 'okay then' manner because I might just feel 'well - it's not THAT atrocious.'

But I strongly doubt whether sex will be a thing that I will go out and seek. Rather a 'not-enormously-important' by-product of the romantic attachment I might potentially feel for someone.

One day.

Maybe.

AVENCakes

thoroughly repulsed demiromantic asexual with a reasonably healthy sex drive. I really don't know what to check...

None of those.

I'm aromantic repulsed asexual, without sex drive, I can tolerate romance but I dislike when someone touches me, unless I have a strong emotional bond with this person.

AkiraCoinTykiGotBetaMuffin

I'm simply asexual I don't lean towards any sex, I pretty much find each and every person pretty disgusting.

I'm not romantic I think its nonsensical personally.

I have no drive and have no need for a one.

And I am extremely repulsed by anything of a sexual nature, I was tricked by a friend for a joke to visit a friends house that turned out to be "group couple swapping", I had a mental breakdown right there in the hall and didn't stop shaking for days, that's the extent it terrifies and repulses me.

• 4 months later...

hetro romantic drive blady blah RAWR man these labels are getting long lol

Love being an asexual with a drive it confuses the hell out of people :D light of my day

• 6 months later...
Ravehcok Niloc

I'm asexual with not really any drive but I'm hetero-romantic. I'm not sure if i'm really repulsed by sex but I'm at least indifferent. anyway all cake is better-than-sex-cake for me because i'm asexual. :)

Amputation Defenestration

I would say: transromantic driveless repulsed-but-tolerant asexual quirkyalone. No wonder I confuse everybody I know.

• 3 months later...
Guest FrozenCherry

Whoa me! IDK!!!

I can feel veeeeeeeeery strong :wub: I can call myself horny even I do not know what that is... As long as man stay far away I feel soooooo much :wub: and strong :wub: and I fly soooooooo high :wub: but when man step close to me I feel nothing :blink:

• 2 weeks later...

why so many options for hetero-romantic asexuals only, and no options for other romantic aces? <_< I'm pan-romantic repulsed ace with hardly any drive, but didn't vote.

Trolley Girl

My extremity of being a Double-A just goes to explain why I am 23 years old, and have never had a girlfriend and have never even been on a date. Also not to mention all of the fierce and relentless rejections I have spit out over the years. Sometimes, I am so repulsed by such unwelcome advances, I have felt virtually no regret for reducing someone to tears, should I go long enough without seeing them again... :ph34r:

Bad Patient

I'm a level five asexual, not sexually attracted to anything that casts a shadow.

Ace of Swords

pan-romantic asexual, interested in cuddling and chaste kissing, tolerant of all the sex that the sexuals are having.

I have a sex drive, it's just entirely towards masturbation. No interest in sex with other(s). No romantic interest either.

My sex drive has varied between very low almost nonexistant and very high hard to stop, which it has been stable at for times of over a year at a time.

I think I've experienced romantic crushes a few times but not in the past five years or so. Not sure; think that makes me aromantic.

I used to be unable to tolerate touch but can now tolerate (but not enjoy) it.

I am not repulsed by the IDEA of sex but seeing people touching kinda is kinda icky- I look away.

• 3 months later...

Although I'm an aromantic-ace, I can tolerate some sorts of physical contact, such as hugging or cheek-kissing, bout never really anything more than that. So, not counting the "Other/none of the above" choice, I fall somewhere in between the bottom two choices. I am not at all interested in romance, yet I can tolerate the above-mentioned physical acts.

I voted "other" because I am a biromantic asexual (possibly panromantic, but I haven't had enough experience to know). But I am confused by what constitutes "drive". I am a virgin; never horny, never sexually attracted, never lustful, etc. However, I do masturbate occasionally, because it feels good, and I can become aroused if I choose to -- but by specific scenarios rather than people, their bodies, etc. I would say I am a driveless but non-repulsed asexual, but I don't know if what you meant by "drive" was "sexual desire" or "activity".

• 2 weeks later...

I would say: transromantic driveless repulsed-but-tolerant asexual quirkyalone. No wonder I confuse everybody I know.

yay! Finally, a fellow!

I am also transromantic, with a low sex drive, and I can occasionly tolerate romantic gestures. So I guess I am indifferent.

Yay! For transromance!!!!! :D

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure how to categorize myself. I am more an 'abstainer' than an asexual. I like girls and recently started dating again after not doing much at all for 20 years.

I like kissing and touching, but don't like intercourse. At least, I don't think so...it's been since 1975 or so...and I don't like the smell of women down there.

But it seems as though the entire world is sexual, and if you are an abstainer you are just ignored or pitied.

I am thinking I would like to try it again, but every time I get the chance I end up walking away from it.

I have been taking testosterone supplementation since 2003, but it had no effect on my interest in dating. That came several years later.

I'm not sure whether I am actually 'asexual'. It's perhaps more of a matter of fear than anything else. And here's the irony. The more I like a woman the less interested I am in sex with her. I fantasize about strangers, not women I like. Does that make any sense?

• 4 weeks later...

I guess I would fall under "other", but I'm not really sure. The only touching I can tolerate is hugging/cuddling & that's if I really, really like you. Kissing & sex is repulsive to me, but I do masturbate sometimes. I'm heteromantic & find women aesthetically pleasing. So maybe hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am not sexually attracted to people (key element of asexual), but have the drive/desire/libido of a hypersexual (definitely not indifferent or repulsed). Bio-sex and gender are irrelevant (pansexual), but I'll only consider having sex with someone with whom I have a connection/love/care about in a specific emotional way (demisexual)

Make of that what you will...

InfiniteConciousness

I am a Aromantic Asexaul who is not repulsed by romance but I have had disliking to being touched

Archived