What level/type of asexual are you?

choose_abstinence

What level/type of asexual are you?  

1 member has voted

1. 1.

• hypersexual(must mate as often as possible, super high drive/horny)
    • vanilla sexual(you may further explain what "sexual" you are)
    • hyposexual(Barely care about mating, low horniness/libido)
    • nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway. Have a drive.)
    • nearly asexual without drive(lacking a drive)
    • hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)
    • hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual(same as me)
    • aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)
    • aromantic-repulsed-asexual(even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)
    • Other/none of above. Explain in your post.

This poll is closed to new votes

choose_abstinence

I am not going to lable you. Give yourself your own lable. I realize there are numerous types of asexuality. I am hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual. You may elaborate further on your lable. You guys already know about me from my other posts on where I stand, but ill explain it here. Let's refine the lable. Others have said that asexuality can not fit a single lable.

Asexual(main lable. Hetero, bi, homo)

Romantic or not?(How romantic are you?)

drive?(What kind of drive do you have, do you masturbate or have any sexual outlet?)

Indifferent or repulsed?(how strong is your repulsion?)

My main lable is "hetero" I can aesthetically judge men but lack romantic attraction to them, although am not repulsed at the idea of romance with men, just indifferent.

I would consider myself moderately romantic, but I can be aromantic if I don't feel like cuddling, kissing(no tongue!) hugging, holding hands, slow dancing. I don't feel romantic towards men or aesthetically unattractive women but I don't like them any less as platonic friends.

If drive means "getting off" or any sort of sexual outlet, I have absolutely none. I may get spontentious erections directed at nothing, this only proves I am not impotent. I never lust, never get horny

I am strongly repulsed by anything of a sexual nature. I even get repulsed if I think or dream about it so as a result, this almost never happens. I close my eyes when I see nudity. People would probably call me prude.

Please elaborate on your type, mine is above.

hypersexual(must mate as often as possible, super high drive/horny)

vanilla sexual(you may further explain what "sexual" you are)

hyposexual(Barely care about mating, low horniness/libido)

nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway. Have a drive.)

nearly asexual without drive(lacking a drive)

hetero-romantic-drive-asexual(asexual with drive)

hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual(no drive)

hetero-romantic-driveless-repulsed-asexual(same as me)

homo-romantic-asexual(same gender)

aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)

aromantic-repulsed-asexual(even romance, such as cuddling is repulsive. Can't stand to be touched nor any physical contact.)

I voted "Other": by your classification I would be "Homo-romantic-drive-asexual".

It's not quite as simple as that since my drive - such as it is - is entirely directed at an unrelated fetish.

Yeah.. you missed the romantics that aren't hetero. I'm pan-romantic.

I guess I'm closer to aromantic-asexual by your definitions, but I'm not really sure. I'm fine with people discussing romance and being romantic around me, but not if it comes close to involving me, and I don't like to be touched at all.

Okay... I identify as a quasi-romantic asexual, so I picked other. Because I firmly believe in the connections between people, and whether gender/sex/identity is an issue depends solely on the context of my life's situation. I say "quasi-romantic" because I don't think it's romance so much as combatibility of connection put on the same scale as my personal identity comfort zone. It appears to be romance, but actually, it's not so much. :)

Now, I'll bow out and sit in my dunce corner.

helana12_03

I voted "aromantic-asexual(not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)". Because I've been attracted to only 3 people in my whole life(of 23 years) because of their personalities, but that was a long time ago. When I was attracted to a guy, I did want to kiss(including tongue), cuddle, hold hands and do anything that wasn't related to sex with him(and even enjoyed doing those things with a guy I dated and was in love with). Most of my life(especially lately), however, I've been Aromantic, have failed to understand why anyone would want to date and have hated being touched by people. Furthermore, I've never masturbated, nor have I had the urge to do anything similar to masturbation and I've always found it hard to understand what draws people to do it.

Wolf X Omega

I voted other because i really need to explain, I'm going througha very sensible phase, I don't care about romance anymore, for me romance is dead, While i don't care about sex either, I have my drives every now and then, but i tend to ignore then.

I'm just a very confused Asexual.

I picked other/none.

It's hard for me to put this into words. But I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

I have never had an attraction for another person, Whether it be male or fe-male, I just never have felt feelings that people described as falling in love. I noticed this when I was a teenager and others were out having fun, holding hands and kissing. I was alone.

I am 20 years old and still a virgin, Never had a relationship with a boy or a girl. I have friends, But I don't think of going any farther.

I picked other/none.

It's hard for me to put this into words. But I am sure there are others who feel the same way.

I have never had an attraction for another person, Whether it be male or fe-male, I just never have felt feelings that people described as falling in love. I noticed this when I was a teenager and others were out having fun, holding hands and kissing. I was alone.

I am 20 years old and still a virgin, Never had a relationship with a boy or a girl. I have friends, But I don't think of going any farther.

Most people would describe this as "aromantic", but you don't have to if you don't feel it suits you :)

Ah, I must have skipped it when I skimmed over the list of choices, Thanks for pointing that out :)

Yeah I guess I am that. Hetero-Aromatic-Asexual

jewel_box554

I chose other. I'm not sure. I'm stuck between aromantic-asexual and hetero-romantic-driveless-asexual. I usually never feel bad for not being in a relationship, b ut some small part of me sometimes wishes that I was. I'm also slightly repulsed by sex, but not the degree of trying to avoid it at all costs. It's just that it looks kind of silly to me.

• 2 months later...
emmarainbow

Woah...

I'm not really on there... sort of.

I'm pan-romantic, have a drive, thus get horny, no attraction as such, but could cope with sex quite easily I reckon.

VicariousScot

I picked "Nearly Asexual with a Drive", it seems to fit at the moment...although, you say a sex drive but no horniness? You sure that makes sense?

Hallucigenia
Upon the ressurection of this thread, the thread title (level/type) made me think "Level 37 asexual paladin."

Win. ^^

nearly asexual with drive(no attraction, no horniness but enjoy the act anyway.

aromantic-asexual (not interested in romance, but can tolerate it)

I would say that I go between these two, sometimes I'm one, sometimes the other.

How come there are no homo-romantic options?

Yes. Any poll here with respect to attraction or lack of it needs to include these dimensions.

I guess I would qualify as low drive bi-romantic asexual. Though I'm still not quite settled on that.

It seems like this poll is missing a lot of options... Why specifically mention hetero-romantic if you're not going to mention homo- and bi-romantic? Why not just romantic?

Is it wrong that the term "mating" made me giggle?

• 4 weeks later...

I am a 0 sexual drive and I depend on my hubby to start up the romance that he wants. Sometimes when I'm realizing that I've got 0 sex drive ... I give a wink at my man and we run back and get some.

I feel my goal in my new relationship is to keep him healthy.. when sperm backs up in the male penis... it can turn to cottage cheese stinky icky substance and too long of that can end in surgical castration <That being the extreme. If I didn't know this then most likely my new marriage would end like my old marriage did when I didn't understand the male need for sex and that ended in divorce.

Aromantic repulsed asexual/fetishist. I think guys are nice to look at however, not to date. I don't like anything intimate. I do have a sex drive towards a fetish and act upon it by pleasuring myself.

wallpaper rose

Biromantic-drive-asexual. I have a minor sex drive, but I remain mostly indifferent towards it. I definitely don't want to have sex with anyone else, yet I don't mind masturbating on occasion.

ahaha, basically everyone's 'other'.. and me too >.<

ATM i'd best put myself as hetero-romantic-repulsed-drive-asexual. the repulsed is the fault of one of my exes (always better to blame someone who can't defend themselves :roll: =P ) that said, i'd be the above sans repulsion if i ever get over that bit of issue :wink:

I believe I'm the same as you, though the jury is still out on whether I have a sex drive or not.

ChildOfTheLight

I'm asexual, with a sex drive for which my feelings range from indifference to passionate revulsion.

I'm currently in a romantic relationship with someone who used to be a member here, but is no longer.

Upon the ressurection of this thread, the thread title (level/type) made me think "Level 37 asexual paladin."

Win. ^^

I second this....pallies are for the win, clearly. :lol:

Archived