How do you meet older asexuals?

Papillon

So...only *perfect* as women utilize this site?
My Mother taught me that ALL Women are "sugar and spice and all things Nice!"

And that Santa is real,

And that the Tooth Fair..... Wait a Minute !!

............ I think i'm having an epiphany ...........

:P

And now with your blazingly bright new found insight... 8) what is your opinion of women now? Careful, the feminist police will come to your house, tie you up and...beat you with their stilleto heels!! (Laughs hysterically)

And that Santa is real,

And now with your blazingly bright new found insight... 8) what is your opinion of women now? Careful, the feminist police will come to your house, tie you up and...beat you with their stilleto heels!! (Laughs hysterically)

I have two slightly younger sisters.

The Earth Mother, and the Ninja.

They have informed me, IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, :twisted:

that I am never again to formulate an opinion on ANY individual woman.

Should I meet a woman of sufficient interest to require an opinion ...

they will each spend several hours with her (jointly and severally)

And duly inform me of my opinion.

Sounds to me, ... like a good deal! :)

And that Santa is real,

I have two slightly younger sisters.

The Earth Mother, and the Ninja.

They have informed me, IN NO UNCERTAIN TERMS, :twisted:

that I am never again to formulate an opinion on ANY individual woman.

Should I meet a woman of sufficient interest to require an opinion ...

they will each spend several hours with her (jointly and severally)

And duly inform me of my opinion.

Sounds to me, ... like a good deal! :)

Nice save!! Are you certain you are not an American Politician neath Aussie Wool? :P :P :P
santa is real... I've seen him in woolworths on the labels already

SANTA, elves, the TF etc. are REAL!! :twisted: They live in your HEART!! :D

I'm not Angry just wanted an excuse to use the evil MewTwo!!!

Nice save!! Are you certain you are not an American Politician neath Aussie Wool? :P :P :P

Lol rayser,

They also informed me that ...

"Men (generally) should not waste too much of their time trying to understand women (generally).

It's hard enough for Women to understand Women.

And Men, .... well ...

... men ... well ... should generally not waste their time."

I got the general impression that we (men) should perhaps concentrate on hewing wood and fetching water :( .

Lol rayser,

They also informed me that ...

"Men (generally) should not waste too much of their time trying to understand women (generally).

It's hard enough for Women to understand Women.

And Men, .... well ...

... men ... well ... should generally not waste their time."

I got the general impression that we (men) should perhaps concentrate on hewing wood and fetching water :( .

Shag, you are warned!! since you are writing this in full command of your faculities, or what passes for them, ie at night, I am just waking to the world and work (GROAN-Nonsexually) so I have and entire day for sharpening my rayser wit which by the way rayser is a misnomer for that, but hey, why burst your bubble? cause I never larned to fence, pointless jabbin at knees elbows, so better kit to a cave of yer choice, cuz I'll be hunting bair soon's I kin!! (laughs evilly whilst adjusting coon skin cap and checking muzzle loader rifle for ammo while humming a few bars from the flick Deliverance)
It looks like most of the posts in this group, even in the seniors section, seem to be from young people. I also did a search for an asexual dating group (all the members' photos were viewable on the internet) and all the members there were again very young, in their teens or 20s.

I am an intelligent mid 50s female living in the Niagara Falls area in Canada. Where do you meet someone?

I agree that it is hard to meet older asexuals. I'm a 47 year old female asexual but I'm in the San Francisco bay area which is mighty far from Niagara Falls. I'm not interested in dating right now and am in the process of divorcing my domestic partner. My interest in meeting asexuals right now is to make some like minded friends not necessarily to find someone to date. Age is not a big factor for me in this desire to have asexual friends. I am lucky to live in a place that does have asexual meetups.

I figure that theoretically I could meet another older asexual just about anywhere. I figure my odds at meeting another asexual are better if I am out as an asexual. If I let it be known to my friends and acquaintances that I am asexual, well then maybe if another asexual happened to come out to them, they could hook us up. Or maybe they will end up being a closeted asexual and be interested. I just think that using networking for finding an asexual partner just might work. Of course this does depend on my willingness and comfort level at being very out about the asexuality. At this point, I am not real comfortable with being out. I'm still sorta testing the coming out waters. The other major problem is I'm an introvert and networking is not exactly something I like to do. But the concept of networking as a way to meet other asexuals seems like a good idea to me.

Cathy

At this point, I am not real comfortable with being out. I'm still sorta testing the coming out waters.

Whilst I'm not particularly introverted (he said modestly :redface: ) ,

I've quietly told those I care about, and have felt genuinely liberated as a result.

You don't have to visit Fishermans Wharf with a placard, ... gently, gently. :)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

And, for rayser ...

TOP TEN THINGS ONLY WOMEN UNDERSTAND

10. Cats' facial expressions.

9. The need for the same style of shoes in different colours.

8. Why bean sprouts aren't just weeds.

7. Fat clothes.

6. Taking a car trip without trying to beat your best time.

5. The difference between beige, ecru, cream, off-white, and eggshell.

4. The need to actually stop and ask for directions.

3. Eyelash curlers.

2. The inaccuracy of every bathroom scale ever made.

AND, the Number One thing only women understand:

1. OTHER WOMEN

Now I finally realize why I have never been able to properly identify with other women ...

Hmmm.

-GB

I have only met one other asexual (in person)and that was a Buddhist monk who has no problem with celibacy as asexuality makes that so much easier for him.

I live in a very liberal area where basically nearly everyone is out, yet I don't know where everybody is. I'm not about to be to terribly visible myself as then there would be too many wanting to fix, heal or save me. Then I would end up spending all my time deflecting well-meaned jabs at who I am. No thankyou. I have better things to do.

Still I need to figure out where there are others in my community to feel the kind of suuport and freedom one can only feel with like-minded individuals.

quote name='Shaggy' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:31 AM' post='1069550']

At this point, I am not real comfortable with being out. I'm still sorta testing the coming out waters.

I've quietly told those I care about, and have felt genuinely liberated as a result.

And, for rayser ...

7. Fat clothes.

6. Taking a car trip without trying to b eat your best time.

3. Eyelash curlers.

1. OTHER WOMEN

==========================================================

/quote]

10. MEN express GENUINE emotions?

9. Is that 90 wrenches I count in your MANLY tool box?

8. YES!! A MAN'S MEAL!! half a steer still kickin!!

7. Speedos on a 300 lb. MAN-sooo attractive!!

6. Only when a MAN drives.

5. Jealous- cause only MEN see in b/w.

4. We arrive before the Next Coming.

3. Jealousy again!! MEN only bat about are their egos

2. Refer to #7 MEN WITHOUT Speedos.

AND, the Number One thing only MEN understand:

THEIR DELUDED BELIEFS OF HOW SUPERIOR THEY ARE IN THE WORLD

Maw!! What's thet I see hangin' frum the barn? Why its a bair hide!! ;)

quote name='Shaggy' date='Oct 16 2008, 08:31 AM' post='1069550']

Meant to get back sooner on this, but OOT, I very much admire the fortitude and courage of this accomplishment. Since *discovering my true sexual orientation, always there, but duh, unable to fit those puzzle pieces together, I have so stressed over revealing (my dirty little secret to my family) HURRAH for you and others refusing to live with all the downer feelings secrecy creates. -_-

And, for rayser ...

7. Fat clothes.

6. Taking a car trip without trying to b eat your best time.

3. Eyelash curlers.

1. OTHER WOMEN

==========================================================

/quote]

10. MEN express GENUINE emotions?

9. Is that 90 wrenches I count in your MANLY tool box?

8. YES!! A MAN'S MEAL!! half a steer still kickin!!

7. Speedos on a 300 lb. MAN-sooo attractive!!

6. Only when a MAN drives.

5. Jealous- cause only MEN see in b/w.

4. We arrive before the Next Coming.

3. Jealousy again!! MEN only bat about are their egos

2. Refer to #7 MEN WITHOUT Speedos.

AND, the Number One thing only MEN understand:

THEIR DELUDED BELIEFS OF HOW SUPERIOR THEY ARE IN THE WORLD

Maw!! What's thet I see hangin' frum the barn? Why its a bair hide!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone....I am new and have been poking around the AVEN site reading this and that trying to get a feel for who is posting and what subjects. I have also noticed that a lot of posts are from the younger crowd. Hurray for them if they have figured out so early in life who they are and what they are made of. It took me 47 years and a couple of failed marriages to come to this point in my life.

Something else I have noticed, which is a little frustrating if you are trying to meet other like minded ppl in your area, is a lot of ppl don't say where they are from, or most of who do are in Europe. But it is what it is and I have no doubt that I am not the only one in my area...it is just a matter of searching them out.. :rolleyes:

Nonetheless I am glad this group exists because I have always been different from family and friends and it will be nice to have a forum to discuss not being interested in sex without getting that deer in headlights look. Although i am pretty sure I give that same look to my best friend when she starts complaining about not having sex for three days. I look at her because I can't wrap my mind around that insatiable need. I guess she thinks everything will dry up and blow away if she doesn't have sex a couple times a week....surprise

so if anyone posting is from the charlotte north carolina are...it would be nice to meet...have coffee and chat

:cake:WELCOME!! :cake: This site has provided both enlightenment, friendship and encouragement!! On the meet up board there are posts from numerous individuals on your side of the Big River!!
  • 2 weeks later...

I am 30, and while I don't consider myself "older," I'm definitely not in the same place as the teens/early 20s bunch. I've identified as asexual since I was 18-ish (with a weird lapse around 26), so this isn't anything particularly new to me. I'd be interested in meeting people around my age. Well, any age, really, but especially my age :)

There's a group of us in the Seattle area, Catfancy. Check the meetup mart for Seattle.

I'm not extremely far from Seattle although I almost never make it up that way. I am *cough* transportationally challenged, so to speak.

I've met quite a few AVENites over the years, though, and it has always been a positive experience, even when our ages were radically different.

I wasn't looking for a prospective partner when I went to the meetups and that helped a lot.

No pressure at all - just a surprising number of common asexual experiences to laugh about and observations to share.

-GB

• 1 month later...
Well, Some of the California members on this board have a problem meeting offline so you're very lucky GBRD143 that your group meets offline.My California meetup section sucks

that is very discouraging to read since i just found this group. and i live in southern california. ):

Well, Some of the California members on this board have a problem meeting offline so you're very lucky GBRD143 that your group meets offline.My California meetup section sucks

that is very discouraging to read since i just found this group. and i live in southern california. ):

Welcome to AVEN eyore.

Tuck into some welcoming cake (if you've still got room after Chrissy feasting :) )

:cake::cake::cake::cake::cake:

Don't be discouraged, ... some parts of SoCal are Asexually Vibrant. :D

Check these threads for activities, and make yourself known.

Meetup List by Location

and

Regular San Francisco Meets

and enjoy the Boards !

I am going to a singles dance this week. Should be very interesting. I think I need to wear a shirt that says asexy;stay away lol

Excellent opportunity to make them 'AVEN aware' and see what happens!!!

I think we all agree that it is difficult for older asexuals to meet the same. Being a new member to the group I really don't want to put anyone down however find that some of the posts seem somewhat juvenile, and now having said that hope that the younger members won't take offence. If so forgive me. A lot of the youngsters seem to be still working out their sexuality. Thanks for the OLDER AXEXUAL part of the group and hope that some of us can talk to each other and relate to what we all are going through.

Guest DiscoBison

I don't know if I'm stating-the-bleeding-obvious (one of my many 'skills') but there are a couple of asexual dating sites out there, and I have found Ace-Book in particular to be really nice and friendly, and there seems to be a definite 'older' feel over there... ^_^

• 5 weeks later...

Don't be discouraged, ... some parts of SoCal are Asexually Vibrant. :D

Check these threads for activities, and make yourself known.

Meetup List by Location

and

Regular San Francisco Meets

and enjoy the Boards !

I just joined yesterday. I'm in the Inland Empire area of southern California (near San Bernardino), and would love to find a long term asexual romantic partner. I'm male, 52, looking for a like-minded female. I'm a hopeful ormantic, so I hope there's hope! :lol:

(and not to get too picky, but SF isn't so Cal - but having said that I'm willing to travel a bit. But I recently broke up, amicably, with a long distance girlfriend and the distance thing was one of the major issues.)

I'll look into the meetup list. I do enjoy a lot of me time, so I'm not looking for lots of friends, but I would like a romantic partner to share life with.

Archived