Asexy Anime!

Kallan

I can't believe nobody mentioned Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon). :shock: Oh my Go, oh my God,... He has to be at least 18 years old in the Japanese version of the anime. He's had so many girls lusting over him and so many hints... and he's always like "what the... :? ". He's the total opposite of Brock. He never understands Brock's crazyness and obsession about girls. He's just SOOOO ASEXUAL... :D :P For those who have seen the episode "Love at first flight" with Romeo and Juliet,... come on, if that's not asexuality then I don't know what is... :) :wink: Could Pikachu be asexual ?

P.S.: Most ghost type pokemon are asexual,... did you knew?

I know I'm kinda getting back in time but... Where this idea of Ash being about 18 came from :blink: ?

Besides, could someone tell me why do you guys like Haruhi so much? Of course, I can watch anime, read something about her etcetera, but I would like to know what you like about her.

I know I'm kinda getting back in time but... Where this idea of Ash being about 18 came from :blink: ?

Besides, could someone tell me why do you guys like Haruhi so much? Of course, I can watch anime, read something about her etcetera, but I would like to know what you like about her.

Regarding Haruhi, I'm really not all that sure. In the anime, she's portrayed as quite ace, but if you read the light novels, it's implied fairly strongly that she probably isn't. Of course, it really doesn't help that Kon is by nature an unreliable narrator, so any implications could easily be incorrect.

Finishing Kino's Journey, however, has only solidified my opinion that she's probably asexual. A conversation between herself and some androids went along the lines of:

"Isn't it hard for humans if they don't stay with someone and live for someone?"

"It depends on the person."

Belldandy from Ah! My Goddess, it's actually been a major plot point in the manga and the tv series that sexual thoughts and implications never even occur to her.

Actually the romance between her and Morisato is completely asexual. Even when he ended up asking another goddess to 'satisfy his desire' the end result was the goddess getting Belldandy to clarify that she was indeed in love with him, and that she wasn't staying with him merely out obligation to the wish that he made with her.

mort paradis
How about Tenchi from Tenchi Muyo? It's a harem anime, but despite the fact that he's surrounded by alien women who all seem to want him, he himself doesn't make any advances or pursue a sexual relationship with any of them. I'd say that Tenchi is a pretty asexual guy, although there's plenty of other characters to make up for that.

I would second that except for the second movie, Tenchi Forever, where he has a sexual relationship (albeit he isn't his normal self). Granted, like someone said each series has some changes with the characters, mostly plot related.

I would say that Sagara from Full Metal Panic! is definitely asexual. He doesn't seem to be aware that sex even exists.

Besides, could someone tell me why do you guys like Haruhi so much? Of course, I can watch anime, read something about her etcetera, but I would like to know what you like about her.[/color][/font]

that depends on which haruhi you are talking about...Felina covered Haruhi from The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya...also, Haruhi from Ouran High School Host Club was mentioned...I think that a lot of people like her because of her indifference regarding gender...also, she seems to be quite ace (at least as far as i've gotten into the series...i'll admit that i'm quite behind on it...hard to keep up-to-date with all of them :P)

there are probably plenty of other Haruhis out there, but i think that those are the two that were mention here ^_^

• 1 month later...

Well I'm a Manga reader and Anime watcher, and one of the series I read/watch, One Piece has got me thinking about the (a)sexuality of one character.

That character is the main character, Monkey D Luffy, a 17 year old boy at the peek of his youth which is interest in adventure to the max, and wants to travel the world and become the pirate King. Well Luffy is very naive, and has a lot of what you may consider "ace moments" sometimes, as well as plain dumb moments, as those of you familiar with this series may know.

What cought my attention though, was that in a fairly recent segment Luffy ended up on his own in Amazon Island, an Island inhabited just by women. The Emperess of said Island, entitled the most beautiful woman in the world, had the hability to petrify all of those affected by her beauty/hotness. EVERYONE was affected, but Luffy. When she tried to petrify him, she didn't succeed, all because it didn't affect him. Even after seeing the woman naked, he did not give a flying crap. Even after she fell in love with him (which she did) he was still quite oblivious and indifferent to her, and to everyone else for that matter.

To those who know the series, and know what I'm talking about, is it possible that Oda (the writer) made Luffy ace? (his older brother's name is Ace too xD)

I've thought that maybe he's just gay, but he is quite indifferent to EVERYONE (on that level) and to everything, and the sexual component has no effect over him.

Well, leave your opinions here=)

I've been reading for a while now too. Asexuality never crossed my mind actually, I just looked at him as dumb/naive pure/innocent. Anyway, I guess he could be; but I wouldn't think that it was Oda's specific intention to make him ace, as much as it was the other traits I mentioned.

CombustibleAlgae
I've been reading for a while now too. Asexuality never crossed my mind actually, I just looked at him as dumb/naive pure/innocent. Anyway, I guess he could be; but I wouldn't think that it was Oda's specific intention to make him ace, as much as it was the other traits I mentioned.

I agree. While I was reading/watching One Piece, asexuality hadn't crossed my mind. However, if I think about it more, I suppose he could be even if it was unintentionally.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon). :shock: Oh my Go, oh my God,... He has to be at least 18 years old in the Japanese version of the anime. He's had so many girls lusting over him and so many hints... and he's always like "what the... :? ". He's the total opposite of Brock. He never understands Brock's crazyness and obsession about girls. He's just SOOOO ASEXUAL... :D :P For those who have seen the episode "Love at first flight" with Romeo and Juliet,... come on, if that's not asexuality then I don't know what is... :) :wink: Could Pikachu be asexual ?

P.S.: Most ghost type pokemon are asexual,... did you knew?

Well, how old do you think he is?

He himself said in one of the recent episodes something about so many years having passed since he started his Pokemon journey... or something like that...

That, plus the number of years since the beginning of the anime...

He's pretty much around 18. :D

I caught Code Geass Episode 21 last night. Lloyd is asexy. I can't remember all the details but he's definately asexy. Basically he doesn't find his bride to be attractive, but can see how she could be considered and then admited that he doesn't really understand those concepts but as enough of an understanding.

I wish I had the dvd to watch it over again ;)

I'd say another character would be Jo from Burst Angel, thats open to debate

• 1 month later...

I totally agree with Cybertrash's suggestion of BLAME!

There is no romance of any type in it, not to mention no sex. However its kinda gorey and a little disturbing/depressing in parts...so don't look into it if that's not your thing. I love it though, the art is beautiful.

Oh yes, Namekians! I was actually pondering them just recently. What is more asexy than Namekians?

Supposedly they are "all male"...though I think they just mean they all LOOK male...because they wouldn't have the sex organs if they didn't need them, now would they?

The show Brother Dear Brother is pretty asexual...There are romantic relationships but nothing sexual, and most of them don't even kiss eachother. It's pretty old and hard to find, though.

Haibane Renmei definately...

I'm trying to think, but I think in the Diabolo manga the main characters are pretty asexual...though they might just be not getting into relationships because they know they're gonna turn into evil demons once they hit 18

Cupcake_Master
I can't believe nobody mentioned Ash Ketchum (from Pokemon).

He's ten years old,he hasn't aged. He's just oblivious.

How about Satoshi from Higurashi.? He doesn't seem interested in Shion,or is that a depression thing? Still,he doesn't show any interest in anyone,unlike the other characters to some extent.

• 1 month later...
To those who know the series, and know what I'm talking about, is it possible that Oda (the writer) made Luffy ace? (his older brother's name is Ace too xD)

I've thought that maybe he's just gay, but he is quite indifferent to EVERYONE (on that level) and to everything, and the sexual component has no effect over him.

Well, leave your opinions here=)

A lot of it would probably be just part of the No Hugging No Kissing rule in effect in One Piece like a lot of other boy-oriented anime. Nearly anything related to romance or sex is played for comedic effect, including the Amazon Lily incidents. It's kind of hard to portray anyone's sexuality that way...hell, even Sanji could be a repressed homosexual (as highly unlikely as we all know that is xD)

But I'd kind of have to agree that Luffy and a few other characters could be interpreted as aces.

More on topic, I'd certainly recommend that series for anyone, asexual or not :D

Archived