can you tell?

underminethewalls

Thanks Fluffy! I got it from the folks from CrimethInc. If you are interested in their writings check out www.crimethinc.com. I find them their work the most amazing, inspiring stuff, it changed my life!

On topic: I usually don't mind being hit on by gay or straight people. Its infrequent enough that its usually seriously flattering. Its just that over the past year and a half, three different gay men took serious advantage of my inexperience and insecurity, so I'm a bit burned.

Gay men can be very annoying, and before you start with the homophobic issue.. I'm gay myself. I just don't see the reason or point in forcing sexual opinions on others. I hate the whole 'out & proud' thing about being gay, always have done. Maybe its just me thats too private about things but it's nobody elses business. When I was in my late teens going out clubbing a lot I knew that I had feelings for men but never acted on them and I was always getting approached by gay men in the clubs. On one hand it was a bit of a thrill and flattering but as I started to explore my bisexuality side and eventually now being a fully fledged gay man I look back on those guys that hit on me as idiots lol. I would not dream of doing the same thing (if I was sexually active) to other guys I knew were straight. And all this crap about "he's not gay - yet! but give him time" that the gay community jokes about REALLY annoys me. I'm often embarassed to be gay when I see the antics of some of the more 'camp' guys. On the flipside of that, the majority of gay men don't like me that much because of my views ( I wonder why hehehe).

Anyways, back to the original post of "Do we give off vibes about our asexuality". Speaking for only myself, I don't think so. This was proven at most of the parties I went to over the festive season. One girl I was introduced to by a friend made it clear what she wanted to do with me in the space of 5 minutes LOL. I was like "erm, thanks for telling me that. By the way, what's your name?". On a happy note I suppose it means that I still have some attraction going on lol.

A lot of my friends discuss their sex life and I sit there and join in with them but when it comes to me it's a case of "nah, nothing much is happening on that front".. I've been having that very same conversation with them for quite some time. Now either my friends are slightly dumb and not worked it out or they refuse to believe what I say to them (that I am not having sex). I guess that friends still think of me as I used to be up until a few years ago (having sex) and have not realised that I have changed a hell of a lot. *shrug* I dunno.

I'd be interested in anyone elses experience with the 'friends that chat openly about sex, and ask you about your sex life' conversations.

HC :D

Gay men can be very annoying, and before you start with the homophobic issue.. I'm gay myself.

LOL! This is the LAST place you'd find homophobia...unless it's in the occasional troll. Most here are very liberal (and those who aren't are still tolerant and nice), and our founder is very heavily into queer politics!

I'd be interested in anyone elses experience with the 'friends that chat openly about sex, and ask you about your sex life' conversations.

No one asks me about my sex life because that's not the type of thing I would dicuss with acquaintances anyway, and my close friends know me too well. Even before I identified as "a", they all knew I would go "ewwww!"

"erm, thanks for telling me that. By the way, what's your name?".

LOL!!! :lol:

I dont think that i give off a asexual vibe, or if i do, it certainly isnt strong.

One time at a party at my friends house, i was talking to this girl and suddenly she says "Do you want to touch my boobs, go on feel them" and i said "I...errr...errr...umm..err. .no...thanks" when what i was thinking was "AAAAHHH NO AHHH WHAT DO I DO??!?!?? AHHHH IM STUCK (etc)" Im sure that everyone must think im gay now which was quite embarrasing. She never talked to me the same after that.

I often get girls asking me out, and i never knew what to say, it would either be "I've already got one, sorry (which is a blatent lie)" or "Err... Umm... May-be?!?". One time after responding with the latter responce, the girl kicked me, so i slapped her, she kind of crumpled to the floor and just cried. I knew her for years before.

I cant remember being chatted up by a gay man before, but i remember that it has happened (understand!?!?), but it is sure annoying when a bloke tries to feel you up (you know pinches your... behind), i think "JEEZ What do you think you doing????, ive got to get away"

But now i can proudly say "No, I'm a asexual"

One time at a party at my friends house, i was talking to this girl and suddenly she says "Do you want to touch my boobs, go on feel them"

I hope she was drunk...very very drunk. I think *most* women realize that's not the healthiest start to a respectful relationship...

One time after responding with the latter responce, the girl kicked me, so i slapped her, she kind of crumpled to the floor and just cried.

???

One time after responding with the latter responce, the girl kicked me, so i slapped her, she kind of crumpled to the floor and just cried. I knew her for years before.

:shock: DAMN, DUDE!!! :shock:

Gay men can be very annoying, and before you start with the homophobic issue.. I'm gay myself. I just don't see the reason or point in forcing sexual opinions on others. I hate the whole 'out & proud' thing about being gay, always have done.
I agree they can be annoying (no group exists without annoying people...) I also have identified as gay, and have no problem with differing sexualities. I also do find it really annoying when a sexuality is really overdone (aka 'out & proud' thing) though in some cases I do feel like that it is fine in today's world: For example, for national coming out day, on campus we did try to raise awareness of the queer community... I do see that as an incident showing *pride* in being comfortable with who we are as people and knowing that we don't have to be anyone different and that there is nothing wrong with that. It was for a specific event and purpose, and I think without people doing some of that, acceptance and awareness won't increase as rapidly (over doing it, however, like you said, does cause a reverse of this, and creates problematic stereotypes and only causes more problems...)

Only the very young can be so rash.

There's hopeful sentiment behind those words.

I've found that much of the fighting people do has nothing to do with how conflict starts, but shows a simple inability on the part of at least one to let things go when someone has spoken their peace.

which is why she crumpled to the floor crying like a little bitch...

that last part is an expression; i wasn't calling her a bitch.

If someone randomly hit me I think I would be too shocked by the ridiculousness of that to respond immediately. Who does that? Here I can get violent and loud, but in real life I'm not that way at all. If someone hit me my first reaction would be to ask what that was about. If the person hit me again...well...you only get one freebie and I would have got myself together enough to prevent the person from striking me again. Or doing pretty much anything else TO anyone else again.

Cate

not me, i'll hit them back. the rule around my house is, "wait for the first hit. if they hit you, THEN kick the shit of them."

especially if they hit me hard enough to draw blood... :evil:

If someone randomly hit me I think I would be too shocked by the ridiculousness of that to respond immediately. Who does that? Here I can get violent and loud, but in real life I'm not that way at all. If someone hit me my first reaction would be to ask what that was about. If the person hit me again...well...you only get one freebie and I would have got myself together enough to prevent the person from striking me again. Or doing pretty much anything else TO anyone else again.
That sounds exactly how I would respond... in reality I am very non violent, I would really wonder what had provoked them... :? if it came down to me having to defend myself though..... :?
underminethewalls

Heh, I'd probably just get my ass kicked without doing anything back. The only indications I've ever had of a functioning defensive instinct have been the showdowns with bike-chasing dogs I have every few months, most of whom will slink off if I yell at them. Not that I'm proud of this, of course.

Live R Perfect

I was attacked without provocation once in a club toilet. I was chatting to a friend whilst we were washing our hands when suddenly this guy appeared behind us and barked "Are you leaving now?!" (He was either very keen to wash his own hands or he was up to something dodgy and didn't want witnesses...). Of course we just said "Yeah, yeah..." and carried on with our chat, so he pulled out a Stanley knife (box-cutter knife) and pointed it at my neck, repeating "Are you leaving now?" in a rather threatening manner. My friend and I replied "OK...OK..." and started to leave but - being rather drunk at the time - I managed to find this situation rather amusing, for some bizaare reason, and gave a little chuckle on the way out. The psychopath with the knife didn't appreciate this and started laying into me with his fists (thank god he didn't use the knife itself) but I was in such a drunken state of shock that I was completely unable to protect myself. Luckily for me, my friend had managed to run out and grab one of the bouncers whilst this was happening, and the psycho knife-wielding maniac was taken outside and roughed up a bit. I came out of it with a split lip, black eye and a few other cuts and bruises. But it could have been a lot worse...

The moral of this story is: Never laugh at a knife-wielding psychopath. :wink:

I give off vibes to geeks and freaks but I think it's just because they're such losers nobody else'll do them so they'd get vibes from a lamp post or hamster.

Some guys figure just because I have tits I'm easy (not just me but ifthey see boobs they figure they've a right to harass/annoy/stalk them).

Some guys figure just because I have tits I'm easy (not just me but ifthey see boobs they figure they've a right to harass/annoy/stalk them).

*gives cijay an alchy*

i share your pain, sister.

Cijay, this is when Team O steps in. I know of what you speak, sister.

Liver, Holy CRAP, man! Team O has back up resources we send to help our honorary members, you know. That's messed up. I'm glad he didn't use the knife or you'd've been chopped Liver. And I don't much care for that.

Cate

How to Solve the Stalker Problem

(1) Obtain shotgun,

(2) Get ammo, preferably 00 buckshot,

(3) Learn how to use weapon,

(4) If stalker follows you home, wait until he gets on your porch,

(5) Shoot stalker,

(6) Stalker dies,

(7) Problem solved!

Isn't it easy? :evil: :D

showdowns with bike-chasing dogs I have every few months

:shock: Undermine...get a different route!

And a :shock: to Liver as well!

Apollo, a direct plan, but the justice system makes plans like that sticky.

i feel like a broken doll... :? :oops: this is what i get for falling asleep on 2 desk chairs. :? :oops:

anyway, apollo, make that a pump-action shotgun, & you have yourself a deal. :D :twisted: