can you tell?

Cate Perfect

Not until people get to know me...sometimes even then they don't get it.

People are dense.

Cate

Well...I think I give off a certain vibe that says, "Hey, I am unhappy/uncomfortable discussing sex and relationships, in relation to me" and most (bright) individuals tend to behave accordingly.

I don't think I scream "asexual" though, especially considering it's not something that pops into most people's minds anyway.

I always wondered why no one approached me for a date. probably has something to do with my utter unobservance. i always thought it was cause no one found me attractive. which is just as well, because on the rare occasions when someone showed mild interest, i ...we need a clam icon.

I believe I give off a similar vibe that tells people that I just don't want to discuss sex or get involved sexually. The only people that make advances are the ones who are pushy and confused about themselves. People who see only what they want to see.

My associations with the pushy ones don't last long, and they are few and far between.

Worthless Poster

Today my friend Nick said he just knew.

Well, I told him I was asexual.

He's like yeah, I know.

I'm like how?

He's like I just did.

Then again... he also said that if I had a penis, he'd want me.... :shock:

Heh. I've had friends say that to me. Not in those words, exactly. But apparently I'd be a very desirable young man.

Though I doubt being a dude would change the whole me-not-having-a-sex-drive deal, so I suspect I'd be something of a heartbreaker.

Or something.

i don't think it matters if i do, because apparently i'm considered "easy" just because i'm well-endowed. :? :x :evil:

another good reason for being so damned violent... :twisted:

Live R Perfect

You are considered easy because you are well-endowed? What kind of crappy logic is that?

*Glad to be male*

DusksRequiem

People usually think I'm kidding around when I talk about my A-ness (which isn't often anyway). I don't bother though, people are even less likely to listen when they'd been amused by something. It doesn't matter much to me anyway. I haven't had a problem yet. If someone asks, I'll tell - and no one has really asked yet.

You are considered easy because you are well-endowed? What kind of crappy logic is that?

*Glad to be male*

1. it's miami... :roll:

2. i think the heat makes people more sex-crazed down here, especially since people tend to wear tank tops a lot... :?

3. they're stupid. :x :evil:

yep... they'll assume you're easy because nature "blessed" you by inflating your 2 prominant areas. & complaining to my mother is no help, considering the fact that she says, "you have them, show them off," & lapses into the stories she obviously can't wait to whip out about how guys used to hit on her all the time. (don't worry... to my knowledge, she never slept w/ any of them, considering she was married to my father since then)

i am not my mother. i don't go around parading my assets everywhere i go just because i have them. i, unlike most females i know down here, believe in a concept called FUCKING MODESTY. & if that involves wearing a trench coat when i go out in 80* weather, then so be it. :?

I've had a couple people who said they "knew" before I came out to them (even though they paradoxycally didn't know that asexuality existed.) It's tough to give off a vibe when people don't know of the possibility.

:mrgreen: julie.

my mother sensed it before i told her... when i did, she said, "no fucking WONDER!!!"

underminethewalls

I must give off some kind of vibe. People have said the same thing to me, that they knew before I told them. Also, I am rarely approached for a relationship. During college, in fact, I went about four years without a single advance, at least as far as I could tell. I think asexual men may be slightly easier to spot, simply because we are expected to be super-horny, act like fools around women, and spend lots of time initiating relationships, and its real obvious when someone doesn't play along like that.

underminethewalls

Yes, that happens too. Flattering sometimes, but usually a pain in the ass, some men can be so much more aggressive. Damn, I hate that feeling!

i especially hate it when gay people think you're gay, & then, if you're of the same sex, they try to convince you that you're gay & therefore leave you questioning your sexuality. :evil:

see, that's when gay people start to suck.

that's why i say, if they leave me out of their escapades, then we're cool. try to screw w/ me in any way, & i'll punch you in the ass. :evil: