- A Chick From One Of The Asexual MLs..

pessimisticgrace

pessimisticgrace

;)

Hello, I'm from Haven for the Human Amoeba (yahoo groups.) I'll be 18 in July, so I guess I'm a youngin'. No sexual desire, etc, but I'm very romantic and cuddly, and I'd consent to kisses if the other party wanted it. From the Bay Area, Northern California..

I like Hannibal Lecter, roleplay, the movie Cleopatra, Angelina Jolie, musicals and their movie adaptions such as Chicago, baseball (Mariners and Diamondbacks), Czech/Russian athletes (Evgeny Plushenko, Martina Navratilova, Maria Butyrskaya, Irina Slutskya, Svetlana Khorkina), international Asian soccer teams, Japanese entertainment (anime, rock music, dramas), gay/lesbian books and movies I can fast forward through the sex parts in, my dog and family, and most of all...

Sheep! Goats! And their hybrid, GEEP!

Baa.

;)

Nice to meet you!

"Chicago" is my favorite Musical, Bob Fosse is my personal hero, and I am ~very~ worried that the movie isn't going to be what it should be...because that Ron Marshall guy (I think that's his name) not only wants to direct it, but he wants to choreograph it in his own way. He's no slouch (I saw his revival of "Cabaret" live, ) but he's no genius like Fosse, either. I've been watching the trailer, like, twenty times a day, to spot choreographic differences. I think that I will still love the movie, but until it is released (Dec. 25) I am going to spend all day, every day, worrying about it.

A year ago, when I first heard they were making it, I "cast" the whole show in my mind. They didn't go with any of my casting, but here it is, for your consideration, anyway:

Velma - Bebe Neuworth

Roxie - Ann Reinking OR Bernadette Peters

Amos Hart - Jason Alexander

Mamma Morton - Aretha Franklin OR Tina Turner for a famous person, or Roz Ryan for a talented up and coming person

"Mary Sunshine" - Nathan Lane (Remember, I'm basing it on the play)

Billy Flynn - Hal Lindon (I saw him live) OR, of course, the original "Silver Tongued (And Golden Voiced) Prince Of The Courtroom," Jerry Orbach.

Few people know that Jerry did all of that work in Musical Theater in his earlier years, and even for most of his career. They only ever think "Law And Order" for him. Maybe it's because that show is on cable eighty-seven times a day, or something. But his voice is, as I'm sure you know, capable of singing opera.

I would have liked to have found a place for Mandy Patinkin, a "star" and a "friend," but I'm afraid that he would steal the whole show. That's why I had reservations about Tina Turner as Mamma, as well.

As you can see, my cast is an older cast, and they chose to use younger stars, who would appeal to a more young audience. (I guess they figure that the younger people are the ones who have all the money. How did the kids get so rich? Is there ~that~ much babysitting money going around these days? ;) )

I really can't wait to see how "Chicago" turns out, in movie form. If nothing else, it will be a nice memento that I can buy on DVD, and watch whenever I like. Right now, I have to wait for the damned play to come to me. (Impatient sigh! )

I'll come back in a minute, and post the URL for the trailer, in case you haven't seen it...

When a musical comes to town, I see it as many times as I can. "J.C. Superstar" was just here for a week, with Carl Anderson and Sebastian Bach, and I went four times...AND made some new friends in the cast, including Carl and Sebastian. (I also knew some of them from previous shows. ) Got a lovely backstage tour and all. It was wonderful!

I ~live~ for Musical Theater.

-------------------------------

I notice that somewhere, something about you said "Last Of The Pharaohs." Well, I'm the ~first~ of the "Modern Pharaohs" - Hatshepsut II - so follow ME, and let's take over the world!

(Hatshepsut is SO cool! I love a strong woman who can declare herself Pharaoh, thus upsetting all the High Priests! She even wore the ceremonial "Royal Beard! )

Enjoy the forum!

Check it out:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/miramax/chicago.html

I can spot a million "non-Fosse" things in it that disturb me. How many can you find?

------------------------------------

As for hybrid animals, my very favorite is the sterile "Liger," or conversely, the "Tigon." (Lions and Tigers cohabiting and mating...and even though these offspring are said to be sterile, ~some~ of them actually ~have~ had cubs. Oh, gee, now I'm going to have to find the URL for that zoo in Nevada where they have a Liger ["Hobbes"] on display. He is BEAUTIFUL! Back to post THAT URL in a second!)

...just found out that they don't work (for me) unless I copy and paste them into my browser window. Try doing it that way, if it doesn't work.

See ya later! :D

Archived