what is the definition of anti-sexual?

i'm confused

is it either

A)---disliking/having negative feelings about sex.and to what extent?

this way people could still be sexual and just abstain from it, or even not abstain, but just hate it..

and if it's A is it on a physical level not liking it, or is it having an intellectual argument against it..'

B) according to the antisexual stronghold that we all know and love

http://www.ktk.ru/~cm/ it seems to involve people that seem to be ex-sexuals who have killed their sexuality, and become asexuals (although i think some of the things they say are a little wonky, and i don't agree with some, i do respect them, and they do at least ad to the debate about sex with some points, and if they feel just as much a need to kill their sex-drive, i feel they should go right ahead and join us(even if they aren't asexual in the organic, "just there" sense we seem to be))

anyway i'm rambling--- is it A or B, or both or is B a subset of A or something...

and if antisexual is one of the 2 what's the term for the other?

I usually think of anti-sexual as a person who wants it but believes sex is disgusting or has some intellectual argument against it. I definitely think a person can hate sex and have it--just like some men hate women, but still collect them like trophies.

That site was rather odd (and more than a little misogynistic), but interesting nonetheless.

Cate

I tend to think of an anti-sexual as someone who does have negative feeling towards sex, so option A... but I think that a person can be asexual and anti-sexual. If someone both has no sexual attraction, and also hates sex such as having an intellectual argument against it then they could fall under both categories... I see just being asexual as not wanting sex, but not really caring if others have it, as long as it doesn't affect your life. An anti-sexual would take their dis-like for sex and apply it to sex in general so anyone having sex at all they would have a problem with...

I tend to think of an anti-sexual as someone who does have negative feeling towards sex, so option A... but I think that a person can be asexual and anti-sexual.

I second that motion.

Edit: Hey hey hey..... I'm now TOO A-SEXY! Yeah, baby! :wink:
Congratulations on your A-Sexiness :D :D *dances around and throws conefetti*

You certainly ARE, Liver!

*dances*

Cate

I think that all anti-sexuals would be asexual (or damn hypocrites!) but not all asexuals are anti-sexual.

I simply cannot partake in sexual relationships. I have little desire even to pleasure myself.

I am offended by the social obssession with sex- its use in advertising, its part in manipulations of various kinds, social and personal. It's kind of like the Russian Orthodox Church in Tsarist times. When people would try to find refuge from aristocratic oppression in it- the church would frequently turn them back over to the authorities.

That which was supposed to be a sanctuary or refuge was thus bought and turned into a halfway house to the first gulags.

It's like humanity, by clinging so hard to sex, has lost sex as a source of meaningful communication about love. You can lose something by smothering it.

But I feel like I'm saying all this from the outside. The people I know who are sexual would probably say that I have no business commenting.

Sexuality by itself is innocent, part of blameless nature.

And asexuality, also part of blameless nature, is my path in relation to that.

I think that all anti-sexuals would be asexual (or damn hypocrites!)

*shrug* There are sexually repressed people. Maybe it is hypocrisy, but, noy being one of them, it's hard to day.

I think that all anti-sexuals would be asexual (or damn hypocrites!)

Like Julie said there are people who are sexually repressed, also people who have been taught sex is dirty/bad, and even though they feel a need for it and like it, they still have negative feelings towards it...

• 2 weeks later...

sorry, must of post it two times . Yeah, about that anti-sexual I will say im anti-sexual but more asexual so yes it is possible being both.

Worthless Poster
Yes, like Ed Gein, who became a serial killer just because he was taught by his super-religious mother that sex was evil.

Oh, that was the guy Texas Chainsaw was based on, no?

Ed Gein was one of the historical figures influencing "Buffalo Bill" of Silence of the Lambs.

Gein's primary problem was only partially traced to his upbringing. He was a full-blown schizophrenic whose mental comprehension of and emotional relationship to life and death were totally beyond the experience all but a very few human beings.

He wasn't a sociopath in the sense that sociopaths are sane, and can rationally understand that what they're doing is wrong. The sociopath is incapable of feeling any guilt at what he or she does.

The schizophrenic is incapable of understand his or her actions in any recognizably rational way; his is a world of delusion.