Montel Williams Air Date!

kbrd143

is c.j. cijay (i dont think so cuz i thought i saw apic of her before and i thougth she looked different) or who is it? *is curious*

CJ is SummerSeeker round these parts.

Aha! So she wasn't edited out! Good job, SummerSeeker!

Dammit! Neither Myspace nor big ass download is working! Partly cause it's real slow today and partly...F*^*k knows!

This is definitely a stupid question but does one have to be a member of myspace/youtube to watch long movies? What happens is that the thing play about 4 - 5 mins worth and then start offering me other "williams" options to watch. WHY?! :evil:

You guys rocked the house! I love the expression on the girl at around the 7:10 mark... it's so blank. :lol:

That was really hilarious. I thought Montel's head was going to explode. Haha. Have to give him credit though. He really was trying very hard to understand. At least, that's how it seemed to me.

deladangerous
This is definitely a stupid question but does one have to be a member of myspace/youtube to watch long movies? What happens is that the thing play about 4 - 5 mins worth and then start offering me other "williams" options to watch. WHY?! :evil:

I am not a member, and I was able to watch it. I have had that problem before, though..

Try clearing your history/cookies/cache and then try to it watch again.

Winter, I absolutely love your facial expressions.

That said. wow. Dr. J did bring up a good point that is no research is available, but of course none has really been done yet. Any one know of officially reasearch done on homosexuality?

How would one go through conducting scientific research on sexuality anywhay? The results must be repeatable, objective, variables controlled. Come to think of it, has anyone here looked into designing a method of scientific research?

And yes those who need to hear will hear, those who don't wish to hear won't.

Yeah I finally got to see it! Thanks for putting it on the web.

It was a little hard to watch because I wanted to shout at the computer when that doctor was talking. You guys did a great job at keeping your cool.

And yes those who need to hear will hear, those who don't wish to hear won't.

IronWulf - that pretty much sums it up.

Thank you for the kind words, although, I still have not watched the part of the show where I am on. I do agree that Montel was so incredulous, I almost felt like slapping him, but then I really would have been edited out!

It was a little hard to watch because I wanted to shout at the computer when that doctor was talking. You guys did a great job at keeping your cool.

I didn't just want to--I did. And that was the second time I'd seen the show too. *growls* It's a good thing no one else was around!

In fact, what evidence do we have that SEXUALITY is real? How do we know that sexual urges are not really some deep-seated need for emotional closeness, and that asexuals are not actually the well-adjusted and psychologically healthy ones who have no need for the artificial intimacy of sex?

M51--you are awesome. ;)

Ah! OK. :)

All of you were way too cool. 8)

Thanks for such an excellent job at letting people know who and what we are. Yay! :)

and poo on Dr. Joy-less who suggests that we have something wrong with us :x

Dela:

Thanks man. That was the problem.

The A-team:

Guys you were absolutely awsome! There is not enough :cake: in the world to repay you for the good deed you have done.

A Musing:

What did the homosexuals go through when they first decided to to go for acceptance. What can we learn from them?

To us asexuals (and I know I might get lynched):

You know, I found JD rather obnoxious but she is a product of her time. We live in a world where it's better to "fix" than to live with. We extend lives through medical intervention but very few ever focus on accepting themselves as they are.

As for Montel, same thing. He is a sexual. If I cannot understand what it is to be sexual, how could he understand what it is to be asexual. His questions were valid. They were good questions. He had the right to ask them. Kudos once again to the A-Team for answering them so well. Why are we angry at them? They are just trying to understand (and keep their ratings up :wink: ). How is that bad? I think we could be a little less touchy about what we are.

"You know, I found JD rather obnoxious but she is a product of her time. We live in a world where it's better to "fix" than to live with. We extend lives through medical intervention but very few ever focus on accepting themselves as they are." I agree. Why can't society just let people be themselves.

A Musing:

What did the homosexuals go through when they first decided to to go for acceptance. What can we learn from them?

i'm pretty sure they used to recommend electroshock therapy as "treatment." not so good :?

ironwulf: thanks!

Keith: all i have to say is WOW! 20/20 to now. WOW WOW WOW. i wouldnt recognize you if i didn't know better! YOU LOOK AMAZING!

*stops inflating his ego*

~Cashew

Oh, please don't stop. As long as it doesn't inflate my waist size, I am perfectly receptive! :D

And, thanks for the kind words, everyone.

(A-Team. I love it. Can I be Murdoch?)

I think you all did a really good job and were very articulate. The problem I had with Montel and the Joy Davidson was that they seem to think it is our responsibility to do the research and publish it. I don’t think it is our fault that not much research has been done on the subject. This site isn't set up to be a scholarly journal, it is a community of people who have something in common, or who respect that commonality. And I have a feeling that there will be all sorts of links to any studies that are published! Good job, and thanks for being so public about it.

I think you all did a really good job and were very articulate. The problem I had with Montel and the Joy Davidson was that they seem to think it is our responsibility to do the research and publish it. I don’t think it is our fault that not much research has been done on the subject. This site isn't set up to be a scholarly journal, it is a community of people who have something in common, or who respect that commonality. And I have a feeling that there will be all sorts of links to any studies that are published! Good job, and thanks for being so public about it.

You bring a good point and we should probably make an effort to play off that - like we're really small now, but if you're willing to fund the research we're more than willing to be studied. Put the ball back in their court

Archived