Have you always been Asexual?

Cea

There was a time when I was very interested in girls, liked people, and wanted to be social. But now It's weird, I have very little motivation, desire to be around people, and no desire to go out with chicks. My parents say I need to get out and do things but they just don't undestand that the desire, the foundation, is not there. I just don't know what to do with myself. I don't know if Iam coming or going. Ya know what I mean. I went to see a therapist, but I don't think that shit works. Iam just floating through life, along for the ride. Pathetic!!

Anyway, thanks for listening and have a wonderful holiday season.

Type to Ya Later

Peace, Love and Understanding

Charlie

Hmmm. I'm not really sure if I can offer any advice for you, since I can't really feel your emotions, and any advice would be from a third person point of view. But if it makes you feel uncomfortable enough, maybe you should see a different therapist?

But to answer your question, I've been asexual my whole life. I can't remember ever having feelings of lust. I've had a few crushes, but they weren't sexual at all, and I've never been involved in a dating relationship.

Without making any broad generalizations, the specific things you mention sound more asocial than asexual. For whatever that's worth.

boa

Yeah, I agree with Bard. The entire 'floating through life' thing sounds rather like depression. That sort of numb, 'What's the point of going out?' feeling.

But to answer the question: Yes, I've always been asexual, though I didn't always call it that. It's not that way for everyone, though. Some people on this board have been sexual and are now asexual.

Cate

Forgot to answer the question. Always? No. Only since late November, 1949.

boa

*counts on fingers* Bard, that's when you were *born*.

*Is proud of mathing abilities* :D

Cate

I always have been. Never thought there was anything wrong with me either until all my buddies started going boy crazy in late high school.. :?

Live R Perfect
*counts on fingers* Bard, that's when you were *born*.

*Is proud of mathing abilities* :D

Whoa! You have 54 fingers? :shock:

I used to think I was sexual, but I've either been asexual deep down all along, or I 'became' asexual. I'm not sure which is closest to the truth.

Yes, didn't I mention it before? :P

Cate

Helpful in heavy traffic, I would imagine. You could flip off everyone in the freeway at once.

Live R Perfect

Helpful in heavy traffic, I would imagine. You could flip off everyone in the freeway at once.

Not to mention how famous you could become as a piano player.

Julie and Liver! *dying*

And I give FANTASTIC massages.

Cate

I've always been what I've always been. However, I have not always considered myself asexual, due to not knowing the term, but who I am trancends any labels anyways.

i've been asexual for as long as i can remember... the prospect of sex never interested me... never has, never will.

Ya, sounds a lot like it to me too, especially since he went from being very gregarious to being very withdrawn. A (sexual) friend of mine is going through the exact same thing, and her psychologist said she's clearly depressed.

LOL!!

naughty.gif

Eeeeexcellent. *taps fingers together, a la Mr. Burns*

EDIT: Where did fama's post just go? *shouts accusingly at her crap ass computer* Is this YOUR fault?! I swear I'll gut you and use your pieces in my spaceship, you dressed-up abacus!

Live R Perfect

Hey, nice Waggly-eyebrow-emoticon there Julie! :D Oh, or was it Fama's... I'm confused now! :?

LOL @ 'dressed-up abacus'!

Yeah! You tell it! :wink:

It was mine, but I deleted my post probably around the time that julie was replying to it, and by the time I had it retyped, it ended up coming after her posts ^^;;;;

Could you post the url to the waggly-browed smiley again, fama? :) I want to be able to use him again in the future, but I forgot where to find him.

Yes I've always been asexual, as with a lot of people here, just didn't know there was a term for it. I'm not much on labels but it gives a base if anyone should ask then I can let them know.

Whoever it is with the 54 fingers, ever thought about getting a job with those gross "reality tobacco" ads? Be the poster child holding all those cigarettes. Could be worth a $ or 2

Archived