"Stock" articles

Hallucigenia

Hallucigenia

I've recieved a request for one or more "stock" articles that people are allowed to copy and send in to local publications. The member who requested this has been asked to write something up for their local niche press, but claims not to have the time or skill to do a good job. There's our nice overview section in the static content and Wiki, of course, but it might be a little too encyclopedia-ish and not exciting enough for a magazine. And there's some very interesting "Asexual Perspectives" articles in the static content, but it seems to all assume that you've already read the overview.

Are we interested in producing visibility "stock" of this sort (or do we already have some lying around that I'm not aware of)? If the former, what should go into it? I might have time to make or help make such a thing, but only if we came up with some good solid guidelines first.

I'm not really certain how this would work. Maybe letters to the editor? Press releases? We haven't done much proactive visibility work, but it might not be a bad idea. Let's reserve press releases for when we have actual events, is anyone interested in getting some members to write some stock letters to the editor? Maybe we can keep them up on the wiki..

Archived