@@ artemis @@

modern artemis

modern artemis

OMG, I just read a thread that had a post from you in it and I wanted to say this -- I swear to you, I didn't intend to steal your nickname!! Just in case you were wondering, "What in the world is up with girlfriend over here, being completely unoriginal and all?!" *giggle*

Is your real name some variant of Diana as well, or do you just really like the Greek mythological figure? To be honest, I also like Artemis tremendously (& not because her Roman mythological counterpart was named Diana!) -- I liked what she stood for and how she was a fierce, independent female figure portrayed in a positive light millennia before Elizabeth Cady Stanton was even born.

Anyway, hope to see you around on the boards!

modern artemis

that edit button really doesn't work, does it?

Anyway, I had just wanted to edit my original post by apologizing for said post's off-topicness. To rein in said post and make it a little on-topic, here goes:

It's really cool finding out that there are a whole group of people who, like me, can have crushes on people without wanting to have sex with them. I've had longtime crushes on Nick Rhodes (of Duran Duran) and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen (from the UK show "Changing Rooms"), but never have I even entertained the thought of having sex with either one of them. Not even in my dreams.

Oh yes, and hugs don't excite me and kisses are lovely but don't necessarily lead to anywhere and I *know* this because I've kissed three guys (including my current bf) and never has it led to anything more. So there. :)

Archived