Hello...this is me...I'm confused (there's a shocker. right)

chicgirl

Live R Perfect

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about there...

*Adopts Darth Vader voice*

You have been taught well...*noisy inhale*... the English is strong in you.

So am I to understand that British English is the dark side? H'okay. *turns away from the Light and wields awesome lightning powers*

Damn, I didn't know you Brits could do this! No more American Jedi mind tricks for me. I'm a-joining the British Empire. ;) *plays the Imperial March*

Live R Perfect

Yes, join the Dark Side... we shall rebuild the British Empire and RULE THE WORLD with our awesome lightning powers!! :twisted:

I'm just gonna be an innocent bystander...just don't destroy Canada in the process of getting rid of American English while I'm there..... :roll:

Kez: How does one step off a high horse? Even a proverbial one? You'd need a stepstool. Or else you hafta, like, fall off. Just how high a horse are we talking here? If it's an especially high horse, I suppose you could belay yourself and repell down...

See what getting up on high horses does, people? For God's sake, just get on low horses.

Hmm, maybe proberbial horse was the wrong phrase... soapbox thingy. Or... um... a... mountain.

But the height of the horses depends on how much you care about the topic. Mine was about... oooo..... a metre high. and I jumped down! So stepped was the wrong word.

*ponders*

I'll put what I mean up when I realise what I meant.

So...who's the Light Side? The French?
That would be American English!

LMAO!

The French would be the stinky cheese side. They wield gigantic rolls of hard bread.

*Mr Burns' voice* Yeeeees, I've been teaching Julie the ways of proper English, now if I can only get her to use 'u's and 'o's correctly. Mwhaaahaaahaaa!

Cate

Live R Perfect
*cringe* Nooo...that's a pain that would gnaw at my very soul. It's COLOR, damn it! COLOR! There's no "u" in color!

BWAHAHAAA! :twisted: There will be when you give in and join the DARK SIDE! :twisted:

COLOUR COLOUR COLOUR COLOUR

BWAHAHAAA! :twisted: There will be when you give in and join the DARK SIDE! :twisted:

*In a trance* :shock: ohhh pretty coloured words :shock:

Live R Perfect

:shock: *Realises something important*

Chic Girl! We've totally hijacked your welcome thread... :(

*Feels quite guilty...* :oops:

And just to thow in another twist: the imperial system of measurements (i'm not sure what people in the US call it, I've mostly been exposed to Austrailian engineers...) needs to be done away with, metric is a lot nicer :D

It's just called Imperial, Josh.

Cate

It's just called Imperial, Josh.

Cate

good :) :twisted: i kinda liked it with that name, as it tends to say something about the country.... :roll: i just assumed it was being used as a derogatory term for the system (which I felt the system deserved anyways, for making my life miserable...)

I am such a doofus. I never know which one is which.

The one I use, (cm, metres, grams, kilo's) is easy. Everything is divisable by 10. 10 milimetres in a cm, 100cm in a metre, 1000 m in a kilometer. 8)

I use a crazy mix of systems. I use metric (mm, cm) for small measurements, and I can read kilometers, as they're on all the highway signs in Canada, but I like miles much better - I can judge how long it'll take me to get somewhere easier. :P I like Celius better than Fahrenheit for temperature, but I like measuring in pounds better than the other one, I think it's kilograms, and measuring in feet better than metres. So you see, I'm all about diversity. 8)

Archived