New, Trying to See Where I Fit In

Middle J

Hi,

It is good news that there are many women out there that don't have to have sex to have a great relationship. I have only had one real girlfriend three years ago. For religious reasons we did not engage in sex. That was definately one of my reasons, but actually I don't feel the desire for sex anyway...PERIOD. I wish I did so that I could "fit in" and be ready if the time arrives (marriage).

I'm afraid that if I get into a relationship and get married, I will not be able to perform and that is probably because I am asexual. I am not aroused by looking at women and certainly not men.

I'm 27 and the older I get the more I feel the pressure to get into a relationship. When I see my friends who are all married except one, I feel sad and lonely wishing the same for myself.

It has been difficult to be in relationships because I don't feel attraction. I love girls, but emotionally and for companionship.

Now, here's a BIG problem....

Even though I don't have a desire for men in terms of attraction or sexually, I do fetish male feet.

I don't understand it at all. Why would I like women, but fetish a body part of the same sex.

ok, there you have it, I've spilled the beans.

Let me add that I am actually very happy being by myself except for when I see those around me.

We live in a society that if you are straight and not in a relationship for too long of a time you are considered gay.

That's stupid!

People leave out the fact that you are not in ANY relationship.

Hi, Middle J, and welcome to the community!

I think that you will find many, many people here, both female and male, who share your feelings. I encourage you to read as much as you can, and speak up whenever you like it...we're a fun bunch! :D

In the forums, you will find everything from a place to artistically express your feelings to a "Question And Answer" area to a "Club" where asexuals who are looking for romance without sex can go to meet and mingle.

I hope you enjoy the site! Have fun!

• 5 weeks later...

Welcome to sanity. Stay awhile.

I'd like to add, don't worry about the fetish thing, the human brain seems to be wired with the innate ability to develop a sexual fetish about absolutely anything, irrespective of overall sexuality. Consider the range of alt.sex.fetish.* newsgroups for evidence of this, and note the number of inanimate objects.

I believe this is necessary in sexual species to allow them to mutate usefully without losing the desire to procreate, and may be set up by ones sexual awakening at puberty, perhaps even an unremembered first wet dream. It is essentially random in today's complex, special-effects rich culture.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, Middle J, and welcome! I think you'll be able to sort things out in time after you've been hanging out here for awhile and reading the posts. And, like Luisa said, there's The Club for you to check out.

Hiya Middle J, nice to meet ya. I'm new as well. I too have some gender confusion probs. And I don't think of sex as a vallad part of a relationship. Wow. Your post is the first I have read, and already I feel like there are other people with similar probs to me!

I don't think your fetish is wrong. There are a lot worse things you could be attracted to. I think that our sexualities are something unique to each individual, some more unique than others... I wish I could give some helpful advice, but I am not really an expert at this either :P

I hope you find what it is that will make you happy, and just don't force yourself to be something your not because of all the pressures.

I think that Vivre hit the nail on the head:

Live so that it makes ~you~ happy (and doesn't harm anyone else.)

Forget about making society, or any other people happy.

It's you who is the captain of your ship, so steer the ship to places that you want to go. :)

VivreEstEsperer

Hmmm *is flattered* but... did I say that? I think maybe Viddy said that. similar names! lol! :)

Kate

Hey, you've seen ONE asexual, you've seen 'em all! ;) ;) ;)

Sorry, Viddy. I revoke Vivre's credit and give it to you.

Vivre, I'll give you somebody else's credit in the future...

:D

Archived