Post of the Week

Hu

If you look at our main page, the out-of-date Volunteer Now box has been replaced by our new Post of the Week feature. Our debut PotW is from new user Squid. This may only be Squid's third post, but it's as succinct an explanation of asexy relationships as I've read. Welcome Squid, and I hope we get to see more good stuff from you!

I'm curating this feature, and I'm going to start picking new PotWs every Friday, so pleeeease PM me links to any and every outstanding post you happen to see (or write). I can't spot them all myself.

Sweet! I like this approach. I'll confess that I used to find the main page rather boring, and PotW makes the static content a lot less... static. Nice work. :cake: for you.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. We're working on some other stuff for the main site which should be appearing soon, but you're right, less static in the static is a good thing.

I'd forgotten the main page even existed!

But, yeah, looks great.

Me too! :wink:

Looking good. :D

I'd forgotten the main page even existed!

But, yeah, looks great.

Me too! :wink:

Looking good. :D

Thirded. :P

Hey Hu and DJ, how about adding a podcast link/feed to the front page?

Week Two was an easy one, thanks to Hallu's popular bit of ass-kicking. Keep fightin' the good fight, Hallu m'dear!

If you've been around in the last, well, 48 hours or so I'm sure you've seen some good, stimulating posts by new member Kallan. He's already got more than a hundred posts (!) one of which is this week's Post of the Week over on the main page. It's not quite as as feel-good this time around, but it was a story to which many related and it's sparking some good discussion.

I tip my imaginary hat to you, Kallan, and welcome you once again. You know what that means... more cake! :cake: :cake:

I'm honored. *bows his very long ferret body* *munch munch munch*

All of my work is done at home online, so it's easy for me to keep up with the forums.

Thank you again to the whole community. AVEN has provided me with something that I really needed and didn't even know it.

There were and are a whole bunch of excellent threads going on this week, but the PotW choice was clear when fern got us all on our feet with her big f-you. Thanks fern, we needed that.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a huge event this past weekend that I'm still recovering from / cleaning up after, and I only found a few seconds on Monday to look for a PotW. But wonder of wonders, an astute reader had just sighted one for me and sent a PM, so we're set. Thank you muchly, I love when that happens.

Interestingly, it's from a post in the Welcome Area, but Stupendous Sam pretty much says it all. Welcome, Sam!

(in case of future late posting I'm going to follow a must-be-up-for-a-week policy, so I'll be updating the PotW on Mondays now)

I'm wondering if there might a thread ina nnouncements letting us know what's psot of the week on case we forget to check the frontpage...

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, I kind of forgot to post this the third time after the backup bidness, but in case you didn't glance at the front page, last week's PotW was from Greybird and can be read on the wiki archive.

This week's is from dela* and can be read on the main page! It's nothing startling or revelatory for any of us, but it's the kind of good news that people need to see up front on the website, and it's always nice to be reminded. Yay for happy people, however they may come about it. And yay for dela*!

deladangerous

I visit this thread weekly, and today I did so expecting to see somebody else's enlightening, thoughtful post of the week as usual to instead find this of all things... Which leaves me some combination of surprised and honored, that I choose to refer to as 'surpronored'.

Yes, quite surpronered. :oops: Thanks, whoever's behind this.

• 4 weeks later...

Took a while to get back on top of this after the site outage, meetup and assorted holidayocity, but here's the new PotW: mindlove (a long-time member we haven't seen much of lately) answering one of our top FAQs. Welcome back, mindlove!

C21H22O2N2 is the poster of this week, because her post amused me. Paints a wonderful little scene, it does.

Also, thanks Wikimaster for adding these to the wiki every week. It's really probably my job but you beat me to it every time, and I appreciate it.

• 1 month later...

After a brief and regrettable absence, Post of the Week is current again with a nice explanation from cijay.

Remember, if you see a great post anytime, PM me a link. (Hint: hardly anyone ever does this.)

Archived