Re-running the 20/20 episode

Cate Perfect

Thanks! Finally got to see it now :) The ending is definitely much better in the follow-up.

I must admit that I do hate sitting through the part where JD starts saying we've labelled ourselves unadventurous, not curious...etc. Started bristling at that part again :evil: mrrrrrrrrrrr

But the ending was worth it.

Live R Perfect

Yeah, I find it hard to watch. Especially the part where they say that our 'passion was ignited under the sheets'. :roll: The end is definitely better, though.

oh, yay!! That made me smile :D So much more positive, even with the horrible JD stuff in the middle.

I still hate the way it's edited, but I'm amused at how they cut to her labelling asexuals as "unadventurous, narrowminded" etc right after Victoria talks about having slept with women. WTF, lady?

Anyway, the updates are excellent. Thanks for getting it online, Liver :)

The producer and JuJu were definitely on our side--I think they edited it that way on purpose.

*makes sign of cross in front of JD*

I cringe at the thought of her on Montel...

I cringe simply at the thought of her.

But I do see how some peeps are so sexocentric that they cannot imagine asexuality.

The producer and JuJu were definitely on our side--I think they edited it that way on purpose.

Yay! JuJu and the good peeps involved ('specially AVENites! :) ).

SpirallingSnowy

JD is just stupid and unadventurous, and narrowminded lol!!! Love how she assumes asexuals have never had sex before....

Woot!!! Go the re run!!! yayayay * does a re run dance*

That ended much better than the original hehe :)

I actually acked Montel's producer if they would exchange my big, heavy, comfy chair with a lighter, throwable model. But, they wouldn't. Boo. :( Apparently, they only go for that sort of thing on Springer and Geraldo.

See, I think they way they did it the "unadventurous" comments are going to stick in peoples' minds more, if they're not paying attention. It'd be more powerful for our argument if it was

JD: "zomg not curious & narrowminded!"

V: "yeah, I've slept with a few women"

But. I doubt people are taking her seriously.

Keith, you crack me up. Maybe we should try to get on Springer?

So what I've been wondering is, who do we enlist for our side? We've got Anthony Bogaert, bless him, for the scientific inquiry which is the important and interesting stuff. But I'd love to get some wild sex therapist personality like "Dr. Ruth" Westheimer or Betty Dodson or somebody publically known as a sex-positive figure, to fight the forces of JD in our PR stuff.

Thank you! It's the first time I'd seen any of it, being not only on the other side of the world, but also on a cranky computer that won't always run youtube clips (it's in a good mood because it's a quiet Sunday morning), and you're all amazing - off to see if the computer's good mood will also extend to playing DJ's lecture now -

Archived