nudity?

gambit_boi

• 2 weeks later...

Guy parts are ridiculous. Sorry to the guys. They just are. I'm not fond of girl parts either, but they're not as ridiculous as guy parts.

Have to agree with Jayann. And I just think that people generally look much better with their clothes on.

Genitals are just awkward, ugly and unhygenic for me. I don't mind breasts or bottoms though; I don't enjoy looking at them but I don't mind seeing them all that much. I'd rather people just wore clothes though. :P That includes men - shirtless men are a pet peeve of mine.

Guy parts are ridiculous. Sorry to the guys. They just are. I'm not fond of girl parts either, but they're not as ridiculous as guy parts.

Have to agree with Jayann. And I just think that people generally look much better with their clothes on.

People do look better with clothes on. I can appreciate the nude male with paintings and sculptures. But women just look plain weird lol

I don't even like seeing bikinis.

People do look better with clothes on. I can appreciate the nude male with paintings and sculptures. But women just look plain weird lol

I don't even like seeing bikinis.

I don't mind bikinis as long as all the important bits are covered :)

Depends how it's presented. Like, a nude statue or painting of a nakey lady is fine. But a person getting naked just to be all like, "Lul, look at meh bootay!" or something like that, it's kinda annoying and awkward.

Nothing to do with Papayas

I'm another vote for clothes on looking better, but nudity isn't so bad. The body looks weird and everyone looks better when their genitals are covered. Plus, lingerie/underwear tends to be really pretty :lol:

And then some bodies are just nicer than others...

Tasteful nudity is still shocking because I'm not used to seeing that. However, in sculptures and dolls, it's like: "Oh. They're naked. Beautiful workmanship. :wub:"

I'm not sure why, but I guess my little ball-joint doll has desensitized me. He and his anatomical correctness sit on my table while I sew clothes for him. I can look at naked dolls all day because I have to look at the features, the joints, and the details... but a real live naked person is a "yuch!" reaction.

I don't enjoy nudity unless its in art. In real life, I'm more likely to enjoy looking at a shirtless man than a shirtless woman. I appreciate the male body more but I don't need to see from the hips down on either gender. Genitals are ugly.

Yeah, the male...particulars just make me want to laugh. And it actually happened once, turns out, guys don't like to be laughed at when their privates are showing lol (Hey, if you don't want to be laughed at, keep your pants on when there are girls on the house...).

Idon't actually mind naked bodys, speacily if it's artistic or something, but if I can choose not to see I'm happier. Sometimes my frineds start getting changed in front of me, so I either leave the room, ask them to go to the damn bathroom to get dressed or stare into nothingness while my mind goes to my happy place where everyone wears at lest underwear...

DH and I are nudists so my view on the naked body has nothing to do with it being sexual or not - its a body plain and simple its own art form in the natural as it can be without adornment.

I went swimming today relized I don't like nudity because even seeing people in tight swimwear made me uncomfortable.

There were 2 nude children but I found they seem to look more cute. Perhaps because they are more androgynous.

I hope people didn't take this the wrong way lol

I think my dad would like to ba a nudist. He wanders around the house naked after he's had his shower, when he gets up in the morning to have breakfast &c. His parents were exactly the same. The amount of times I saw my grandma and grandfather naked when I went round! My mother is a prude. I think she is asexual, or possibly just very anti-sex. So I didn't turn out like my dad. I was influenced more by her. I would NEVER walk around the house naked. I don't even walk around my room naked. I never sleep naked. And while I can pretend to be perfectly at ease when I see a naked person, inwardly I am wishing fervently that they would go somewhere else to be naked. I don't think there is anything wrong with nudity, but I guess after my mum's influence and being freaked out by my dad and grandparents (and my older brother - forgot to mention him) it sortof affected how I feel about it.

I think my dad would like to ba a nudist. He wanders around the house naked after he's had his shower, when he gets up in the morning to have breakfast &c. His parents were exactly the same. The amount of times I saw my grandma and grandfather naked when I went round! My mother is a prude. I think she is asexual, or possibly just very anti-sex. So I didn't turn out like my dad. I was influenced more by her. I would NEVER walk around the house naked. I don't even walk around my room naked. I never sleep naked. And while I can pretend to be perfectly at ease when I see a naked person, inwardly I am wishing fervently that they would go somewhere else to be naked. I don't think there is anything wrong with nudity, but I guess after my mum's influence and being freaked out by my dad and grandparents (and my older brother - forgot to mention him) it sortof affected how I feel about it.

My parents use to always walk around the house naked. I hated it as a kid.

I don't enjoy nudity unless its in art. In real life, I'm more likely to enjoy looking at a shirtless man than a shirtless woman. I appreciate the male body more but I don't need to see from the hips down on either gender. Genitals are ugly.

I agree with that completely! I mean, I can think of a shirtless guy as beautiful (not all of them, obviously), but then I don't really consider them naked then. And when more is uncovered? Bleh.

I am ok with it in art though I prefer not to see nudity and not all together comfortable with it. oddly enough though I feel ok with my own and do nude modeling for an art class. is that totlay weird?

I'v been drawing nudes since I was like 16 I think, both male and female (tho much more female)

other people being naked I have no problems with, as long as its not sexual I don't care, if they cover up their genitalia then I'm actually rather happy about that. Those part look silly and I have no desire to look to that department, nuf said. As for guys, shirtless and skinny can trigger my 'wish for being male bodied' so, eh.

The only reason I end up drawing male bits anyway is they usual 'back talk', I have heard of 1 person refusing to draw male bits and people aggressively made fun of her behind her back. So in defense, I just draw it and get it over with asap to not fall into the 'loony bin' even more.

but I refuse to draw my male characters in the full nude frontal.

As for being nude myself, no thanks, if I can avoid sleeping naked I will. I tried it again last night with boxers only and ,blah.

The only kind of nudity I can stand is the kind found in major/famous works of art. Anything else I find disgusting, myself included.

Nudity in art doesn't bother me at all, I don't understand why most films seem to have to have at least one naked scene, even if it's not about relationships. I think people of either gender can be attractive naked, though I wish everyone were compelled to always wear underpants. I'm not crazy about naked people in the same room with me, though I don't mind them on screen or on a canvas.

I have no problem with nudity at all, but it's vaguley annoying when it's used for no reason in movies.

I don't mind nudity, and I really wish it weren't so sexualized.

This is pretty much my thoughts.

Reminds me of when I was an art student. I mean, I'm sure it's stressful for the nude models for the drawing and painting classes, and then idiots after class go off and whisper that "that chick wasn't even hot! hahah" which is just sad... I mean, they were there so we could practice drawing, it was not a sexual thing at all, and my thoughts when I saw a nude model certainly didn't revolve around whether I was sexually attracted to him or her.