Ok. . . so maybe I'm not asexual??? So confused. . .

Yeah, so I'm seriously in love with this girl, and she's gay, and well. . . certain things (aka SEX) have happened. And I was ok with it, I even wanted it, it felt good, it felt like I was closer to her. . . but I dunno, it's different for other people- they're like "wow look how hot he/she is" and I just don't see it. . . I don't see someone and based on their body want to "go at it" with them. . . I don't even necessarily think my g/f is "hot". . . it's just something inside her, the way she makes me feel, the things she says and how she comforts me and protects me and loves me, how smart and funny and artistic and passionate and romantic and impetuous and fluid she is. . .and all that sumed up just makes me want her. So basically, I dunno if my feelings are altogether "sexual" since they aren't really physical attractions, but the emotional intimacy makes me want the physical intimacy too. . . so I guess I'm not asexual? Then again, I don't think I'm all that "sexual" either. . . and it's not really a gender thing, so that throws out "lesbian" and "straight". . . maybe "bi"? labels are silly. I'm confused, yet again. . . why can't this all just be simple?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. . .

Love and Luck!!!

True

Asexuality (and sexuality for that matter) don't have to be permanent or all-or-nothing states. If you enjoy it, you're doing what you enjoy. :) Different people like different things: it sounds like you like The Act but don't care for the fru-fru (scientific term) that usually gets associated with it. Some others like the fru-fru but not The Act. And so on.

.... Then again, I don't think I'm all that "sexual" either. . . and it's not really a gender thing, so that throws out "lesbian" and "straight". . . maybe "bi"? labels are silly. I'm confused, yet again. . . why can't this all just be simple?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated. . .

Love and Luck!!!

True

language is simple

life vastly complicated

just be who you are

boa

language is simple

life vastly complicated

just be who you are

I can't agree with you more :) You are who you are, and labels don't and shouldn't define you, nor could they really. Be who you are, be happy about it, and don't worry about the labels :)

the problem with labels is that they're both socially useful and a pain in the ass. listen, just enjoy this girl's companionship and presence in whatever way makes you (the both of you) feel good. if anyone (including yourself) asks you 'what' you are, tell them 'i'm a woman in love with my girlfriend' and you'll be being completely honest.