hungry hungry hypos?

These are terms that describe how intensely one experiences sexual attraction. One could arguably say that asexuality is a part of this dimension.

The prefix "hyper" means "over, above, beyond," or sometimes it means "excessive." The prefix "hypo" means "below, beneath, under," or sometimes "less than normal, deficient."*

Basicially "hypersexual" means "experiencing more sexual attraction than is considered 'normal'", and "hyposexual" means "experiencing less sexual attraction than is considered 'normal'".

If "asexual" is described this way, it'd be "without/no sexual attraction."

Oh. Hehe I thought the thread would be about something else :P

I used to be able to beat all 3 of my little cousins at once at the Hungry Hungry Hippos game!

These are terms that describe how intensely one experiences sexual attraction

Actually:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=hypersexual

And, from http://www.m-w.com:

Main Entry: hy·per·sex·u·al

Pronunciation: -'sek-sh(&-)w&l, -'sek-sh&l

Function: adjective

Date: 1942

: exhibiting unusual or excessive concern with or indulgence in sexual activity

- hy·per·sex·u·al·i·ty /-"sek-sh&-'wa-l&-tE/ noun

The way I've always heard hyper- and hyposexual used, they described sexual desire and activity, not attraction.

hmmm....

exhibiting unusual or excessive concern with or indulgence in sexual activity

*excessive concern with sexual activity* just out of curiousity (I don't agree with this) could that mean that people who don't know about asexuality and are a, and constantly feel something is wrong with them and thus think about sex a lot, due to their lack of interest, and feelings of being *wrong* could be hypersexual, as this definition doesn't require (though it does include people who do) a hypersexual to have an excessive amount of sex? (I don't think they would be...but then again...)

I doubt most people would consider that sort of person to fall under the category of "hypersexual," JK. I think it's more of a synonym for "really, really horny, a lot of the time."