Worst responses to your asexuality

henrik

If this has been discussed before, but I just yesterday got so amazingly stupid comment about my asexuality that I started to think if you've heard as immortal words as those spoken by an unnamed individual:

"I've had so much sex last weekend that I feel pretty asexual myself right now."

:?

Paraphrasing:

"You're just making it up. You're not really asexual, you're just screaming it out for attention. You're like,

'I DON'T WANNA HAVE SEX, I'M A TOYS-R-US KID ......... da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-da TOYS-R-US KID!!!!'"

.... I laughed.

Wee_Little_Me

"my god theres something wrong with her head!"

my parents were in the midst of blaming eachother for the way i 'turned out'. That was probably a bad time to admit asexuality. Mind you it shut my mother up about what a terrible slut I am. :?

And some girl I went to highschool with:

"asexual? Whats that? Like lesbian?"

:lol:

Hallucigenia
"I've had so much sex last weekend that I feel pretty asexual myself right now."

Maybe they had so much sex that they were tired of sex and didn't even want to think about it for the next little while? Kinda like how you feel sick after eating to much. It makes sense to me, despite missing the entire point of the word "asexual"...

Wolf X Omega

For me i guess would be the usual

At first

"He's gay, he's must be, how can you not like something like sex!"

And later on

"You just haven't experienced yet"

I usualy respond to that like

"Your mom didn't complain last night"(Which as me being asexual makes it kinda weird, which makes it funnier)

the later one i'm gonna start responding with something i have read here

"You haven't experienced Gay Sex yet, so maybe when you do it, you'll like, why don't you try?"

The best response i can get is "What the (fork) is asexuality?"

sometimes the responses and reactions aren't worth telling people at all, sadly enough. but i thinkthe worst i've gotten was

"you don't know what you're talking about, you probably just haven't been with anyone good"

"since you don't like being with men, are you into girls?"

no i love males, truly i do.

oh and my favorite

"it's just a phase" there's no rejection worse than feeling like you're a giant phase.

"you don't know what you're talking about, you probably just haven't been with anyone good"

That's so darn annoying that we should get a moral liberty to kill anyone who says that. In a really fast and painless way, of course. We're not savages. :twisted:

"It's just a phase" is pretty awful as well. I agree Wolf and usually have the approach. I've actually had conversations that (approximately) go like:

"How can you know you wouldn't like it if you haven't tried it?" someone asks.

"How do you know that you wouldn't like stuffing ten dirty socks to your mouth?" I ask.

"What do you mean. Of course I know that I wouldn't like that."

"Oh, don't worry. It's just a phase."

I think I had the worst one so far yesterday. I was in a club, talking to some lady who I had just met, and quickly after me revealing and explaining my asexuality so she wouldn't get the wrong idea, she says "well, there must be something that turns you on" and starts groping me. All the cool replies that come to me now... but as usual, nothing came out, so I just ended up sitting there, wondering what's going on for a moment, and then removing her hand and leaving the scene. I would recommend she becomes a nun for a while, but she would be the worst nun in the world since she would try to sex up anyone who claims to feel no sexual attraction.

persian85033

I once mentioned something to my mother. She said I was stupid and crazy. That I jsut had to lose weight and care about my appearance more.

I once mentioned something to my mother. She said I was stupid and crazy. That I jsut had to lose weight and care about my appearance more.

Sounds like a supportive parent. :roll:

When I started hinting to my parents about my asexuality when I was 16, ("I'm never getting married or having kids!") my Mom basically told me that I was too young to make these kinds of decisions.

Because apparently at 16 one is too stupid and irrational to know anything about themself and what they want in life, yet we're expected to start making college+career decisions at 17? :roll: Adults are silly.

She gave me the late bloomer one, too. I hate that!

"How do you know that you wouldn't like stuffing ten dirty socks to your mouth?" I ask.

:lol: i couldn't have said it better myself. sarcasm makes the world go round

I've been told that I'm crazy, confused, a repressed homosexual, a "late bloomer", etc, etc. Probably the same as most other people here. But here's a response I got from a friend (and I've never heard anything like it before):

"It's not a sin as long as you don't act on your asexual orientation."

What the hell is that supposed to mean??? I'm pretty well-read on doctrine and dogma...but until then I'd never heard anything about it being sinful not to desire sex. I guess some people get only what they want to get out of interpreting religious documents...sigh.

Wow! :shock:

That's definately the best one so far. I'm glad I brought this up, I've had several good long laughs about these.

Of course they might not feel all that funny at the time, but still.

Oh, I laugh at that one all the time...it makes a great story to tell the other grad students in my theology department :)

persian85033

I hate that. I mean, maybe I don't care and don't want to try it.

1. Try this comment, kids... a good rape will fix your problem. Specifically, "You'd be lucky if someone jumped you and... " Of course, this rocket scientist was a loud mouth ignorant person who also thought it would be a great idea to get rid of her daughter's cat by putting the cat in the car and driving out far away near some woods and dumping poor kitty, then she also drives her 'Vette to all the bars in the neighborhood and gets mad at some other person when she has an accident. "But officer, I only had ten beers."

2. On the other thing, how can a person not act on their asexual orientation... ? Like, an asexual doesn't act on any orientation... like there is no desire to do any act... ? Huh? Okay, I'm getting confused myself on that one right now.

You are so awesome that my mind hurts.

2. On the other thing, how can a person not act on their asexual orientation... ? Like, an asexual doesn't act on any orientation... like there is no desire to do any act... ? Huh? Okay, I'm getting confused myself on that one right now.

Yeah, it sounded ridiculous when she said it, and even more ridiculous now. Some feeble attempt at condemning the unknown.

If this has been discussed before, but I just yesterday got so amazingly stupid comment about my asexuality that I started to think if you've heard as immortal words as those spoken by an unnamed individual:

:?

LOL! That is so stupid I laughed. I got "So you're making this up, right?"

Well, having only discovered my asexuality a few days ago, I've told a minimal amount of people. First was my best friend via email, who is yet to respond, then an MSN group of pagans who were supportive (though the most motherly one worried about my physical health and asked if I'd seen a doctor), and last night I told an online friend who first of all said "lol", but then I said "Seriously!" and gave him a link to Aven. Now he thinks that a girl he is friends with is also asexual!

The next person I plan to tell is my sister. I'm sure she will understand too. The ones more likely to respond badly, well, I don't know how I am going to tell them.

Formica Regina

"Oh my God! How can you say that? If you would just get over your sex thing, you would be such a fun lover!"

:roll:

This guy was desperate to "get with" me because he had a fetish for kitty-girls and he liked the way I meowed...

"Oh my God! How can you say that? If you would just get over your sex thing, you would be such a fun lover!"

This guy was desperate to "get with" me because he had a fetish for kitty-girls and he liked the way I meowed...

Eww. Objectification of the first degree.

Eww. Objectification of the first degree.

i second that

The worst one was "Oh." and a looong stunned silense. Like being asexual was something so horrifying that she couldn't think of anything to say.

The worst one was "Oh." and a looong stunned silense. Like being asexual was something so horrifying that she couldn't think of anything to say.

:(

Formica Regina

LOL, yeah I know. Never mind ME or what I want, right? All that matters is that I was the perfect girl to fulfill his "panther-woman" fetish and how dare I not want to have sex with him, blah, blah, blah...

I stopped trying to explain my asexuality to anyone who wasn't a close friend because I thought if I heard the "phase" line one more time I was going to hurl. Luckily, most of the "why aren't you dating" questions have stopped. My mom and dad don't seem to be bothered by my asexuality.

It was rather fun to be growing up and have other adults complain to my parents about their own children wanting to date or saying I was 'at that age' so I must be wanting to date, etc. and my parents would very smugly reply that they had no problem with me whatsoever. At the risk of sounding egotistical, I will admit that I was (and still am) quite attractive, so the questioners were very puzzled at my parents' reply. This was further compounded by the "mixed messages" of me obsessing over a male actor, for example, and saying how dreamy he was or whatever, LOL. I actually did have one boyfriend, and that leads into my next contribution for worst responses to asexuality.

I had been crushing HARD on a guy for months (my first crush!). I was 18 at the time, a senior in high school. He finally asked me out! I was completely euphoric! I decided to be honest and straight up tell him about my asexuality. He looked at me blankly and said "I don't think we should be going out right now." He broke up with me then and there.

I cried for days. I was never so shattered in my whole life - that bastard - but he saved me the trouble of finding out that he wasn't worth my time. After getting to know him better (we remained friends) I realized that he was actually rather immature and closed-minded. It's amazing how having a crush makes you blind to a person's faults! It somewhat reminds me of people who have had sex changes and decide to be honest and tell their partner, only to face utter rejection...

I'd never heard anything about it being sinful not to desire sex.

I have heard that, oddly enough. I heard a PRIEST say that asexuality was a sin. Why? Because while you're not supposed to act on sexual desire (unless in a marriage), you're still supposed to have that desire. Otherwise, you are rejecting god's gift of sexuality.

Some people believe anything aside from hetero-sexual is a sin. It's rather pathetic. :roll:

Archived