does your a-sexual interest level flux at all?

gambit_boi

just wondering. do you get stretches where everyone kind of looks the same, and no one really holds any appeal for you, and then find yourself interested in people-watching a few days/weeks later?

Yeah!! It's getting better finally...I am doing my best in seeing something special in everyone. Previously, I used to be quite fascistic, almost only appreciating "special" people. And that can be very isolating. Thank God, I'm getting better in finding something unique in everybody. {Offtopic: I remember liking AVEN and Asexuality mainly because it's so rare, and it seemed so new and exciting. I didn't want Asexuality to be spread all over the world, so that everybody would know what it is, I wanted it to remain a hidden treasure. But now I think that's somehow fascist, because it means that I was thinking we are better and more special. In reality we are just as good as anybody, that's why I am getting really comfy with the idea of Asexuality being recognized as another orientation throughout the world. Sorry, if it went into another direction..}

At least our cats are different.

Yes, I find my interest in others varies a lot from day to day.

boa

It does...but usually in realtion to what people have done recently... if I see people going around and really being jerks, I tend to look more downward toward most people, and people become less "attractive," while if I see people being/doing good, I tend to see people as more "attractive."

I agree with Josh, if I've dealt with heaps of annoying folks then I begin to despise all humanity. If, on the other hand I've met a charming person or had a good cup of tea (never underestimate the power of a cup of tea) something then people seem not quite so tiresome.

Cate

yes, actually. sometimes i go around observing people not noticing anything different about them, both physically & mentally (idiots), & other times it's just one of those, "everyone & everything is beautiful" moments that just make you wanna puke. :?

Bestatued Head
yes, actually. sometimes i go around observing people not noticing anything different about them, both physically & mentally (idiots), & other times it's just one of those, "everyone & everything is beautiful" moments that just make you wanna puke. :?

hah I have those moments, but they last a VERY short time.

anythingtestdead

yeah my interests in people change from time to time........my interests in behing alive change too.......but who doesnt have those kinda changes?

Hey, me too! :D Though I would say my "everything is beautiful" moments are pretty few and far inbetween.

Being drunk counts for sure!!! I don't know why people believe that they become almost like a different person when they are drunk. That's not true. Alcohol and drugs only enhance your inner longings because they only lower the censory border. So actually your true character shines through very often.

Bestatued Head
Being drunk counts for sure!!! I don't know why people believe that they become almost like a different person when they are drunk. That's not true. Alcohol and drugs only enhance your inner longings because they only lower the censory border. So actually your true character shines through very often.

Not to mention when a person is deep pain or very sick, though that show a persons tolerance level at its core.

That you have a craving to kill people. But don't worry, like SacredProfane said in another thread that he has dreams about killing people, it's not a big deal. Everyone has thought about it. Killing is such a taboo, but actually it's only natural. At least in dreams. And YES, i do know I come across as a total psycho now, which I am not!! NOT NOT NOT!!!