Type A or Type B personality

Calla_Lily

It's storming out but I had to take these tests before turning off the compter (now, what does that say about me?)

Turns out I'm also an ISTJ **oh dear, that was a close clap of thunder--better hurry :shock: ** but real low percentages (44,12, 58, 33)

I'm a type A (270) in the one test and a [ta-da-da-dah!}perfect middle-of-the-roader on the other;exactly 50!!

For whatever any of that is worth

Gotta go before my computer fries!!!!

Your Type is

ISTP

Introverted Sensing Thinking Perceiving

Strength of the preferences %

100 12 12 56

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

moderately expressed perceiving personality

FelineFanatic

I am not too sure of the qualities each type possess. I think I may have been one of those Type A imploders greybird describes. I have bee spending the last several years teaching my self to be more laid back since my stress is the worst weapon with my medical disease. I have done fairly well converting. I keep trying to tell myself if something

undone does not kill someone/something, it is not all that important and can be postponed.

FelineFanatic

I got a 211. Range of scores 35 - 380

Low Scores are Type B

High Scores are Type A

I guess the mean would be between 170 to 175, so I better try harder at not stressing too much!

FelineFanatic

Jung test results:

Your Type is

INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

56 62 12 33

You are:

moderately expressed introvert

distinctively expressed intuitive personality

slightly expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

I scored 44 on the Personality Type A/B Test - in the middle, inclined to Type B.

hmmm... I don't really enjoy tests so I am skipping the online sites. But being fairly mellow, I think I am a B.

38 on the original test - middle-of-the-roader...yep. that's me (except in the scepticism & atheism departments.)

An interesting thing that I read a number of years ago divided type A people into two kinds - imploders and exploders.

....The imploders turn all of their energy inward and drive themselves very hard while outwardly being very tolerant of others. Even though they seem much more laid-back to other people, they are at a substantially higher risk of heart disease than the exploders.

-GB

Uh-oh...that sounds just like me...

I got a 68 out of 100 on the "Ziffler" A/B Test. I took the personality inventory twice in the past and got INTJ and INFJ, respectively, if I remember correctly.

I took the personality inventory linked by Ziffler and got INTJ. Strangely enough, I took it twice on different days and though I still got INTJ, the percentages were very different on the second day. I don't know which asnwers I changed; it was not on purpose.

M51 wrote:

I got a 68 out of 100 on the "Ziffler" Test. I took the personality inventory twice and got INFJ and INRJ, respectively, if I remember correctly.

Oh no! Now its being called the Ziffler test. No way. Not my test. Just one I found online. LOL.

Something I found interesting on reading the results people are posting.......

Did anyone else notice that most of the results begin with "I" Introverted.

All different degrees of Introverted but its there in most of us.

Interesting.

FelineFanatic
Something I found interesting on reading the results people are posting.......

Did anyone else notice that most of the results begin with "I" Introverted.

All different degrees of Introverted but its there in most of us.

Interesting.

I noticed. I figured all types must staart with an I LOL! :lol:

Cake for Ziffler :cake:

Haha, finally I got around to actually reading what my results meant:

I am a "Mastermind Rational". What a cool title. And less than 1% of the population, so perhaps my asexuality is NOT the most unusual thing about me!!

And the description is actually frighteningly accurate.

AsceticWitch

guess what: first text: 85 of 100 second test 327 of 380. So A stays not only for Asexual, when it comes to me, lol

I am a middle-of-roader, barely leaning to type b.

And I second the whole "working under a type a" person.

It sucks. Badly. Type B's just CANNOT work under Type As as Type A's make it near impossible to rise to their columesque demands.

• 3 weeks later...

I love these tests. :-)

Your Type is

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

89 25 50 56

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

I am also a type A personality according to that second site. I got a 243 out of 380. I also fit the "imploder" description.

I work with two type B personalities and they hate me because I get the work done that they leave behind, even if it means staying WAY late, and it makes them look bad.

Take care,

Jenn

Love this stuff, can't quite take it seriously... I always come out as ENFP on Myers-Briggs tests, just did it again (but my E for Extrovert is "moderate"). This makes me a Joan Baez-like "Champion Hero", the 3% who try to change the world ... on the other hand, I got 29 in the first Type A and B test, and 147, exactly the same as Greybird, in the second. So I suppose I would be changing the world if I wasn't so laid-back. Or something.

funaladanaly

I got a 60 on the first test, which put me in the middle, though leaning more towards Type A.

That sounds about right. I am very goal oriented, motivated, and like being in control. However, I'm also very patient and don't get annoyed easily.

• 2 months later...

I don't need to take a test. I'm type B. No ambition. Don't see the point. Happy to watch the clouds float by, daydream. Live and let live. Drink coffee and watch people. Surf the net. Read.

• 3 weeks later...

It is creepy how well the Jung personality test Ziffler linked to pegged me, so much so I pulled a quote out of the INTJ personality profile for my signature...

That being said & from what I've read on this thread, I'd describe myself as type A imploder. I can't stand being inactive, so hopefully all the exercise I get will fend of the heart disease...

This test is very interesting, so here's me

Your Type is

ISTJ

Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging

78 1 88 33

You are:

very expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

very expressed thinking personality

• 2 weeks later...

317, so type A.

Your Type is

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

89 25 25 33

You are:

very expressed introvert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed thinking personality

• 3 weeks later...

These tests can be fun.

I think I'm a former type A personality. At least, I was very driven as a teen. But in my late teens, I encountered all sorts of problems and obstacles I'd never asked for. It seemed as if everything in life was working against me. This went on for a long time, and it was very discouraging. I guess somewhere along the way, I didn't totally give up, but I lost a lot of my drive.

On that test today, I scored a 58 out of 100, about halfway between type A and type B. Which is probably about accurate for me these days. I'm not really driven or aggressive, but I'm not totally laid back either.

On those other personality tests, I almost always test as an INTJ, though sometimes I come close to the middle on one of the letters.

Didn't take the tests, but don't need to -- I've studied the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) for years and I'm firmly pegged as an INFJ. It is absolutely me to a T -- especially the J. :oops:

The Introvert and Extrovert don't mean introvert and extrovert in the traditional sense. An Extrovert might be a total wallflower, but they feel drained if they spend too much time alone and need other people around them to recharge their batteries. An Introvert might be the life and soul of the party while the going's good, but the longer they spend around people the more drained they feel, until they need to be alone to recharge. And I'm a pretty social person, but when I need my space I need my space. I had to spend an entire two weeks with friends once as we travelled across a couple of different countries and as much as I love them, their presence for all that time physically exhausted me. I was a hermit for a week after they left, until I felt like myself again.

My ex is an INFP, and that made for a pretty interesting match-up too. You can really feel the difference between that J and that P. I remember reading an example of how Ps and Js can drive each other nuts because their conversations can be so circular -- if the J asks "Would you like a peach?" the P will often respond with an observation that gets you nowhere like "We haven't had peaches for a while." And as a J who's pulled my hair out over that so many times, that is so very true. :D

127 here.

The worst thing for a Type B personality is to work for a workaholic Type A who expects their underlings to be the same way. I've had that unfortunate experience more than once *shudder*. I like my job, I do good work, I meet all my deadlines... but at 4:30, I go home and don't give work another thought until I return to work the next morning.

i'm a mixed, leaning towards a type a. can you imagine how hard it is to manage/supervise a type b? i totally want to push people along, get them to have some drive but at the same time i understand the smell the roses approach. talk about internal self combustion... it's like a chicken fight inside my body when i try to supervise my type b's.

Yam wrote:

can you imagine how hard it is to manage/supervise a type b?

Yes I can. I'm in the middle and go both ways. At work I am more Type A and at home am definately Type B.

For a supervisor to be Type A would seem terrible to me. I know how I am at work, and I want things done right now, and done correctly. No excuses just get it done. Thats why I never became a supervisor. I would be very difficult. But My bosses and co workers are Type A's, and we can get into some interesting disputes if we face off with each other. For me being a Type B also, I revert to my Type B and avoid the confrontation.

So those that are Type A supervisors, this question. As difficult as it is to motivate a Type B worker to your standards, Isn't it also a challenge for you to deal with other Type A's. As long as you both are on the same page, yes, you can accomplish a lot in little time, but when you disagree, those disagreements could be challenging, could they not? How do you deal with that?

I'm a type B personality. I'm pretty laid back and easygoing. I like to take time and smell the roses and connect with people. I'm not ambitious in the least. After having two battles with cancer, I feel I've really learned about what matters in life and how precious each day is. I don't think much about the future.....just live and enjoy one day at a time. I think I'm having a love affair with my life....the darkness of cancer has made living incredibly bright.

• 4 weeks later...

Your Type is:

INTJ

Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging

100 12 38 22

You are:

* very expressed introvert

* slightly expressed intuitive personality

* moderately expressed thinking personality

* slightly expressed judging personality