How do I know I’m demiromantic or something else on the aro spectrum?

em54

I’m almost completely sure I’m demiromantic, it fits me very well I think, just btw. I have crushes on people and I’ve noticed that it happens a lot after I’ve begun spending a lot of time and sharing interests and stuff with this person. Usually, it’s happened every time except for twice, when I tell them I like them I will lose all feelings for them other than platonic. Is there something wrong with me or is it part of being demiromantic?

Welcome to AVEN ellam54! :cake:

I did a search and according to the Aromantics Wiki page, you do sound like you might be demiromantic.

http://aromantic.wikia.com/wiki/Demiromantic

Demiromantic is a romantic orientation on the aromantic spectrum. Someone who is demiromantic only experiences romantic attraction after a strong emotional connection is formed. Some demiromantics may also stop feeling their romantic attraction once in a relationship.

Like with any romantic orientation, demiromantic individuals can have any sexual orientation.

The sexual counterpart to demiromantic is 'demisexual'.

The AVEN wiki says this:

http://wiki.asexuality.org/Demiromantic

A demiromantic is a type of grey-romantic who only experiences romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand. Demiromantics do not experience primary romantic attraction, but they are capable of secondary romantic attraction. The sexual counterpart to demiromantic is demisexual. Demiromantic people may also prefix a gender orientation to the label, as in "Demi-heteroromantic".

I hope this helps.

Just Somebody

That sounds demironantic and also sounds aporomantic.

Demi for only needing emotional connection to feel a crush and apo for the crush vanishing upon reciprocation.

So demi-apo-romantic sounds right. Anyway , you call always call yourself gray-a or don't call anything.

Aporomantic is the new name for akione/lith-romantic .

Archived