For Loners, Do you get lonely and how often?

Ultima

For Loners, Do you get lonely and how often?  

145 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of 0 to 9, how often do you feel lonely?

• 0 – what is this loneliness you speak of?
    • 1 – it is so vague I rarely notice it.
    • 2 – there are these days when I feel a small urge to talk to someone.
    • 3 – I like to stay in touch with people.
    • 4 – As long as I have one really close friend, I am alright.
    • 5 – At least once a month, I need to go hang out at a bar (or something like that).
    • 6 – I do not have a lot of friends IRL, but I have lots of online friends.
    • 7 – I have a small group (2 or 3) of very close friends.
    • 8 – Being alone is so uncomfortable.
    • 9 – I hate being alone!!!!!
    • I am NOT a loner but I am introverted
    • I am NOT a loner and I think of myself as Ambiverted
    • I am NOT a loner and I am extroverted
    • I am just here to mess with your poll

This poll is closed to new votes

Based on the first poll I decided to get some more insight

I am 0 for anyone who is wondering

I almost always have at least some feeling in the back of my mind of loneliness. even though I am still mostly an introverted loner.  Even in groups.  Especially in groups.  So sadly, socializing rarely fixes that ache of alone-ness. 

6 - I wish I had more connections in real life to be with in person. As I get older, I get less okay with being alone. 

Used to be a 6 now I'm more a 1. I still have some online friends, but I'm not that much close with anyone, maybe just one. I don't mind being alone and I actually spend most of my free time alone, although every now and then I have a small feeling telling me that something is missing. Mostly when I'm not feeling well.

I'm no more than a 2. I don't even talk to my parents and relatives as much as they want me to (which is about once a week via text). Sometimes, I have the urge to talk to someone other than them, but that tends to fade really quickly.

arekathevampyre
3 hours ago, .Marlene said:

f I didn't have my online life, I really wouldn't have been able to bear the loneliness at all.

me too . 

i am usually okay with it until it screws me up 

6.............. but wouldn't really say I have a lot of online friends either (more than IRL, but that is not hard)

J. van Deijck

I would say 6, too.

I do not have irl friends, but I do have friends online. shame they all live too far from me :o

Lucas Monteiro

I am really introvert, so I don't feel lonely in a physical aspect, only from time to time in an emotional way. I like and prefer more to listen than to talk, so I don't get that urge to be open, only in truly exceptional occasions. But I believe this feeling can be completely normal in every human being, no matter if you have lots of friends or not, or if you are extrovert or introvert. As in almost everything in life, it's about point of view, and each person has their own. 

2. I crave alone time - I need it more than I need food - but every now and then, I have to vent.

I went with 2, too.  I do get lonely sometimes, and want to relate to someone, interact, but I am introverted.

I guess I don't really have time to be lonely, at work, I run into people, on my days off, I go to college, the gym and take my godson football training, so I'm always around people

4 minutes ago, oldgeeza said:

I guess I don't really have time to be lonely, at work, I run into people, on my days off, I go to college, the gym and take my godson football training, so I'm always around people

That is what I used to love about college and work. Didn't have to make the effort to see people. It just happened as part of the day. I miss that. 

Guest Jetsun Milarepa

I spend all my working day in a large office, packed with people talking on phones. I myself talk on the phone between doing paperwork, so I don't feel starved of company. Quite the reverse! But I do have a few friends and I like to see people now and again. I don't get lonely, just bored if I haven't anything planned.

I also picked 2 --- apparently not a lonely choice here :)

I'm fine anywhere in the 0 to 2 range, which is fortunate, since my life would be a lot more miserable if I experienced "being alone" as "loneliness."

My parents are the only people I've stayed in touch with as I get kicked around from one place to another.

Diamond Ace of Hearts

There are a few reasons why I can't answer the poll properly but if I were to enter a narrative verdict, I would say that I enjoy being by myself and I feel most lonely when surrounded by people.

WinterWanderer

I can't really tell where I fit based on the descriptions in the poll. For instance, I do not have many IRL friends (#6), in fact just 2-3 (#7), but if they didn't live nearby, I wouldn't mind just staying in touch every now and then via social media or phone (#3).

I think if I were to rate based on a scale of 0-9, I'd say I'm a 4 or 5. I spend around 95% of my free time by myself. I don't need to hang out with people much. Just messaging them every now and then will do. I never get the urge to go out and actually make friends. But sometimes I will go to a close friend's house for a round of cards or board games.

kimhasapetfish

I think I move between 0 and 2 depending on the season.

To date, in 42 years of life, I cannot recall a time I've ever been or felt lonely.

Force Ghost Yoda voice: "Introversion is strong is this one".

About 2-ish

• 1 month later...

I pick 9. I hate being alone, i feel it 24/7. I would like to have someone to sent a txt, recive a text, cook, have dinner, enjoy our animals, travel, sleep together, touch, caress, hold hands.

I know that i must acept that this is my reality but i cant is suffer like my body were burn

I am one of those people, who do not really feel lonely. Yet, after weeks of not talking to someone. I get a bit uncomfortable, and seek out attention. 

I also came to mess with your poll, just for fun. :) 

banoffeepie

I went for 3.

I get on really well with people in person but it's a strain, because I'm a loner. I'm very focused on who I care about because I put a lot into it.

I don't accept the term 'online friend' .. anyone I care about online, I would have to imagine meeting them one day, at least a possibility of it. So they would be a 'friend.'

I learned fairly recently, that being alone very negatively affects my mood, I need as much attention as I can possibly get.

Archived