Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?

Ultima

Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?

• 1. I am a loner by choice and I love being a loner! :) 
    • 2. I am a loner by choice… Sorta, and I do not like being a loner. :(
    • 3. I am a loner NOT by choice and I hate being a loner! :(:(:(
    • 4. I am not a loner.
    • 5. I am not a loner and people who like being loners are crazy especially the guy who made this survey. :(
    • 6. I am not a loner and I like to mess with people’s surveys. :)

This poll is closed to new votes

I love being a loner!

Definite loner here. I work in customer service so I have more than my fair share of interaction each day. It's great to be on your own after that.

Lord Jade Cross
1 minute ago, Homer said:

It's great to be on your own.

I believe this is what categorizes a loner. Unfortunately we are no longer  at an age where the hermit level of loner is easily achieved.

2 minutes ago, Jade Cross said:

I believe this is what categorizes a loner. Unfortunately we are no longer  at an age where the hermit level of loner is easily achieved.

I actually just consider it to be that you prefer to be alone

1 minute ago, Jade Cross said:

Why not? I think it actually gets easier. You might have to deal with people at work, but only you are responsible for the way you spend your spare time. There are no parents dragging you anywhere. You can live on your own if you want. You can even order food and clothes online these days. No need to get out and buy a paper to read the news. I can't think of anything that keeps me from being a loner now more than it did 20 years ago.

Lord Jade Cross
2 minutes ago, Homer said:

Why not? I think it actually gets easier. You might have to deal with people at work,

This babasically. You can choose how to spend your spare time, yes. But you're unfortunately chained to having to deal with people.

Lord Jade Cross
9 minutes ago, Ultima said:

I actually just consider it to be that you prefer to be alone

This is what I meant. GuessI kind of halfway explained it.

Just now, Jade Cross said:

This babasically. You can choose how to spend your spare time, yes. But you're unfortunately chained to having to deal with people.

Yeah unfortunately that is life, and it is not perfect. In fact I have to take care of my mom because she lost her jobs years ago so I moved her into my house. What can you do, life happens.  

I want to be a proud, smart, independant leader with firm and decisive personality, but by disposition I have the personality of a sidekick. I like making people happy and without a friend to goof off with, I seem "out of place"

I'm kinda at a state of being a loner, though. I don't mind it. 

I'm "solo" aka forever single and happy with it. I hate the idea that "single" can mean "looking for the one" 

Lord Jade Cross
7 minutes ago, StormySky said:

I want to be a proud, smart, independant leader with firm and decisive personality, but by disposition I have the personality of a sidekick. I like making people happy and without a friend to goof off with, I seem "out of place"

I'm kinda at a state of being a loner, though. I don't mind it. 

I'm "solo" aka forever single and happy with it. I hate the idea that "single" can mean "looking for the one" 

"looking for the one" is just the incorrectly structured version of "the one looking for"

3 minutes ago, StormySky said:

Well said, absolutely agree. 

For me it's a choice and a good life style for me. 

There are already too much things to worry about (regarding own family, work, health etc) and I'm a kind of person who tend to take a change with risks. Being single gives me more mobility in a sense.

1 minute ago, Falcon7 said:

Well said, absolutely agree. 

For me it's a choice and a good life style for me. 

There are already too much things to worry about (regarding own family, work, health etc) and I'm a kind of person who tend to take a change with risks. Being single gives me more mobility in a sense.

I have slight commitment issues, too :P

I guess I could be considered a loner. I socialize with people online, but not much in person anymore, except for my family. I do like talking to people sometimes, but most of the time I prefer to be alone with my thoughts and ideas.

27 minutes ago, TheAP said:

I guess I could be considered a loner. I socialize with people online, but not much in person anymore, except for my family. I do like talking to people sometimes, but most of the time I prefer to be alone with my thoughts and ideas.

I will tell something about me that might disturb or relieve you depending on your perspective: I do not experience loneliness, never have and doubt I ever will no matter how alone I become. I like to consider this the basis to determine if you are a Loner+ or a Loner-

Loner+ = someone genuinely enjoys being alone and never seriously seeks companionship

Loner - = someone who is a lone (or feels alone) but deep down they wish they had someone in their life but for whatever reason cant seem to connect to others.

Yeah, I'm a loner by choice and enjoy it. I enjoy the small group of friends I have, and of course I like going out and being in public every once and awhile, but honestly just being alone is what I really enjoy.

I became a loner in secondary school when I didn't fit in and was bullied. Ever since then I've mostly preferred my own company, although it's sometimes nice to meet with friends. Generally, I enjoy talking with friends online whilst being able to have my own space.

So, it was a behaviour I developed due to how I was treated in the past but I have learnt to enjoy it.

7 minutes ago, Ultima said:

I will tell something about me that might disturb or relieve you depending on your perspective: I do not experience loneliness, never have and doubt I ever will no matter how alone I become. I like to consider this the basis to determine if you are a Loner+ or a Loner-

Loner+ = someone genuinely enjoys being alone and never seriously seeks companionship

Loner - = someone who is a lone (or feels alone) but deep down they wish they had someone in their life but for whatever reason cant seem to connect to others.

I think it's possible to be somewhere in between, too. I like to be alone a lot, and I'm okay with not having many close friends. But throughout my life, I have felt lonely, and wanted to have a close connection with others and really share my true self with others. However, though I also wanted a group of friends to always be with, when I actually had someone who wanted to be around me all the time, I got tired of it quickly and wanted to be left alone. So I guess I do like companionship, but on my own terms as much as possible, with no pressure.

Lord Jade Cross

If I could have a job where I didnt need to leave home, people wouldn't hear from me again.

7 hours ago, TheAP said:

I think it's possible to be somewhere in between, too. I like to be alone a lot, and I'm okay with not having many close friends. But throughout my life, I have felt lonely, and wanted to have a close connection with others and really share my true self with others. However, though I also wanted a group of friends to always be with, when I actually had someone who wanted to be around me all the time, I got tired of it quickly and wanted to be left alone. So I guess I do like companionship, but on my own terms as much as possible, with no pressure.

I share this and have similar feelings. 

I too would class myself as an "in between person". I need and like to have a lot of alone time, probably a fair bit more than most people. But I do need some interaction, I think if I had none at all it would have a very adverse effect on my mental well being. 

It gets easy to spend time alone the more you do it but regardless how or why you began to be alone, your social skills go down the toilet after a certain point and it becomes non-choice. I value my alone time but it's hard for me to go to work every day and have to try and act like a non-loner (as demanded to me by my boss) and it occurred to me that I can't because I just don't function that way anymore. It's stressful. All I can do to regain a sense of calmness is to barricade myself in my apartment until the next day when I rip myself away from my comfort and start the stress up again like clockwork. I don't know how to make new friendships but I value (the value of) human connection and it's positive impact on my life. I feel a weird sadness about not being part of the social stage as the rest of my peers, but I hate the stage at the same time. I realized that it helps to have people to talk to and yet I've been in a place in my life for so long that I was loyal to my seclusion and wasn't willing to admit that, no, it's not heathy or good when that sort of thing starts to dictate your ability to function; come to think of it, no, it's not good that I feel uncomfortable going to the store for milk, so I'll just skip breakfast. 

I’m an actual hermit

2 minutes ago, Graceful said:

I’m an actual hermit

Wow! :) I have never been a hermit nor have I ever seen one! What is it like? Are you happy about it?

Not totally a loner, but I don't want people around me 24/7.

I wish I could enjoy a good party, but I'm just too socially awkward!

Archived