Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?

Ultima

Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Loner? I love being a loner, how about you?

• 1. I am a loner by choice and I love being a loner! :) 
    • 2. I am a loner by choice… Sorta, and I do not like being a loner. :(
    • 3. I am a loner NOT by choice and I hate being a loner! :(:(:(
    • 4. I am not a loner.
    • 5. I am not a loner and people who like being loners are crazy especially the guy who made this survey. :(
    • 6. I am not a loner and I like to mess with people’s surveys. :)

This poll is closed to new votes

7 hours ago, (Engima) said:

I still live at home. My dad often likes to randomly 'work from home' on some days. I hate it. I don't know what it is. I just want the house to myself. I need it. Not that I do much different when the house is empty. He is also downstairs and I am upstairs. But it just bugs me! I know it is stupid as it is his house not mine lol. Does anyone else get this. Just the noise of them. I can't quite relax I guess. I like alone time. 

Oh yeah i get it. though I actually own my house, but my mother does not have anywhere else to go, so I am stuck with her.

I like being around people, though I prefer small groups, like hanging out with one to three people or so... but of course not all the time and after awhile people wear me out, but if I don't hang out with others for a week or so, I start to get lonely.. 

I wouldn't call myself a loner or whatever the opposite of loner is... cause it really depends on my mood and when the last time was that I spoke to someone.. 

• 3 months later...

I think I'm reasonably gregarious, although I can feel more alone when around people with whom I don't have much in common.

verymelancholic

I’m a loner by choice and also involuntarily. Most times I like it and sometimes I despise it. I’m an introvert so being with 1-3 close people would be great.

I also have been told by many that “it’s wrong” for me to be like this yet when I try to “live a little” I usually get shot down. I don’t mind, really. I also want to be alone all the time when I’m at home. I get extremely irritated when someone is in my room or I have to share.

I like being a loner and enjoy my own company, but I found that in recent years spending time too much time alone in my own zone can cause significant anxiety/depression. 

I was surprised to learn recently that being alone in a space for too long, at least a few days or a week, drains me; once I'm around friends I feel better and recharge, but only for so long until I go back to my room.  I guess I'm becoming more of an ambivert as I get older?  Past me would scoff, but I think it's the fact that I'm around company that is better for my mental health and general wellbeing. 

everywhere and nowhere

I'm a loner, but I neither love it nor hate it.

divided_sky

Yes I am. I have gone through some slightly more social phases but I always end up back here. I mostly prefer it, but I do get depressed at times when I really want to talk to someone or just take a walk, go to a show, whatever. I have met a few people with that I have kept in touch with (in real life. I talk much more to people I know online). 

I have an intense need to feel connected to someone, and that can be an issue for me. But it is bothering me less and less as time goes on

Oh I definitely am a loner. I prefer to stay home and have my own peace instead of going out with friends a lot. Even though it might seem like I don't care about my friends, that's not the case - I'm just not completely equipped for loads of social interaction and the friends are well aware of it.

While it most often feels alright to be mostly alone, I still have the need to have at least one person to impress.

Sometimes (often?) I like being alone. Other times I like to spend time with 1 or 2 people I really like. Occasionally I can handle being around more people than that, but then I get exhausted quickly. I didn't answer the poll because none of the answers worked for me. :P 

Semiterrestrial Scientist

I am a loner. Not rly by choice but I don’t love it or hate it

I am a loner. Not by choice. Sometimes I don't mind it but sometimes I hate it.

I don't like it. I have a cat but she just uses me for my food. I live with my brother but he's mad at me because I left my socks on the dining room table. He says I don't respect his personal space. I had friends when I was younger but they all moved on to start families. I've tried asexual dating sites but no one even wants to talk on the phone.

I've actually thought of becoming a nun even tho I don't believe in God. I've had the thought that I could just meditate while everyone else is praying and not tell anyone I'm an atheist. I'd feel weird tho, having to wear those nun outfits.

I used to think I could get over being asexual and take a singles cruise but since I'm almost grandmother age and am still not over being asexual, I guess that isn't going to happen.

• 8 months later...

@Ultima

This poll is being locked and moved to the read only Census archive for it's respective year. As part of ongoing Census organisation, and in an attempt to keep the demographics of the polls current with the active user base at the time, the polls will last for one year from now on. However, members are allowed and even encouraged to restart new polls similar to the archived ones if they like them.

iff, Census Forum Moderator

Archived