Hi everyone

Adachiku

I‘m on the German board, too, but what I wanted to know I found here, so ...

I found out about Asexuality via the New York Times and Teen Vogue, and I‘m pretty sure that I‘m achorisexual (a word I constantly forget, but hey, at least it exists). Not sure about the romantic part, still trying to figure things out ...

I‘m a huge geek, but I don‘t like Star Wars (or bicycles).

Huge geek here too :) If not Star Wars, what kind if stuff are you into?

Hey @Browncoat10! Judging from your name and pic, I‘d say you’re into Firefly and Doctor Who?

I‘m a big Whovian myself, though I also love the spin off Torchwood. Otherwise I‘m currently into Supernatural and Yuri on Ice. And I‘m a Netflix addict, I watch lots and lots of TV shows. Long term favorites include Mad Men, Downton Abbey, and The Crown. (is that a weird mixture?)

And thank you for the links, @OptimisticPessimist! Who knew there were so many possibilities 😅

Welcome! If you keep forgetting the word, why not make a nickname for it, like asexual shortens to ace and aromantic shortens to aro, or like panromanitc asexual shortens to pancake :) Yuri on ice!!

56476cc2b7f254.58157922.jpg?width=910&he

17 hours ago, Adachiku said:

Hey @Browncoat10! Judging from your name and pic, I‘d say you’re into Firefly and Doctor Who?

I‘m a big Whovian myself, though I also love the spin off Torchwood. Otherwise I‘m currently into Supernatural and Yuri on Ice. And I‘m a Netflix addict, I watch lots and lots of TV shows. Long term favorites include Mad Men, Downton Abbey, and The Crown. (is that a weird mixture?)

Firefly and Doctor Who all the way :) Torchwood's good too. And yeah, I just watch loads and loads of TV, nerdy or not, and a lot of Netflix. Mad Men and The Crown are great. I also love Breaking Bad and the spinoff Better Call Saul, and... many other things!

I see you're in Germany by the way. I'm currently learning German, not doing that great but enjoying it!

Yeah, German’s ... tough 😅 I’m currently learning Welsh, not doing so great on the pronounciation front, I’m afraid ...

Wow, what made you decide to start learning Welsh? Not that there's anything wrong with it, just a bit random! There are more common languages to learn.

True ^^; I spent my summer holidays in Southern Wales (well, Cardiff - I toured various Doctor Who and Tochwood locations) three years in a row and came to like the language. So I’m giving it a try :)

Hello there, and welcome to AVEN! :cake:

As part of my welcome to you, I'd like to point out some important threads that might be helpful in your first few days here. :) The Terms of Service is here. We recommend you read it over, and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to send either myself or any other administrator or moderator (the "admod" team, as we're called) a message.  Also, there's a handy forum called Site Info, which has some useful information including a thread outlining who moderates which forum. If you ever need something done in or have questions about a specific forum, please message the mod of that forum. And if you have problems with the site in general, or any single member, please message any admod. 

The following are also nifty links to take a look at:  Welcome Lounge Mini Manual | Welcoming 101 | Quick Guide to the Forums | Asexuality FAQ's

Again, welcome to AVEN and I hope your stay is everything you hoped!

5 hours ago, Adachiku said:

True ^^; I spent my summer holidays in Southern Wales (well, Cardiff - I toured various Doctor Who and Tochwood locations) three years in a row and came to like the language. So I’m giving it a try :)

Oh, cool! Yeah, I've done the DW/Torchwood locations :) And am applying to Cardiff university.

Oh really? That’s great! I really came to love the city. It’s small, but I think that also makes it charming. In London you spend more time on the tube than actually enjoying the city ;)

I guess, but I like London too. Where abouts in Germany do you live? Big city, or...?

Kind of in the middle, round about half a million people. It’s not huge, but also not small, I think that’s perfect. You can get anywhere in a decent amount of time, and there’s lots on offer in terms of culture and entertainment. I guess in London I could never decide where to go - there’s just too much 😅

49 minutes ago, Adachiku said:

Kind of in the middle, round about half a million people. It’s not huge, but also not small, I think that’s perfect. You can get anywhere in a decent amount of time, and there’s lots on offer in terms of culture and entertainment. I guess in London I could never decide where to go - there’s just too much 😅

That is true, but I guess if you lived there you'd eventually have time to see plenty of it.

I wouldn't know though, I live pretty far up north in a small town in the country. Which isn't as lonely as it sounds, I wouldn't like it if there was nothing to do, but it's not that bad.

Archived