Marriage as ace and possibly aro (?)

Madone

I recently realized that my ideal marriage situation would be a super platonic friend-like relationship. Im touch averse, asexual panromantic(?) and I love the idea of spending the rest of my life with someone that I get along great with without the stress of a sexual/romantic relationship. My only anxiety is that I wouldn't find anyone like me. And does this mean I'm aro as well even if I want to get married and have a "partner" of sorts?

Just Somebody

I think that's quite cupioromantic thing.

Or bellusromantic too. Either way that's the aro spectrum for you.

I know some people who identifies as alterous and say they only want an emotional connection that's middle ground romance/friendship or could be either/fluid.

I think you can go for an open relationship like "friends with benefits" or a quasiplatonic/queerplatonic relationship or an romance-anarchy relationship.  I don't know.... do you even bother and desire a thing to call a romantic relationship ?

Touch aversion and sex aversion are a big no-no for the majority of people, but oh well, I've already seen everything, don't lose hope.

Hello !

To answer your question, yes, you can be Aromantic and desire to be committed to someone ! This is called a queerplatonic relationship ! http://wiki.asexuality.org/Queerplatonic

Don't worry, you're not alone, i'm in the same situation.Being platonically married to someone ? Oh yes.This is the best kind of commitment.

I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people in this world who feel the same, as well.Sadly, people often associate commitment to romantic love.

Don't ever lose hope ! And I also hope this message helped you a little bit !

Archived