TW Sexual Content

Well, it makes sense that you may not find fantasy sex repulsive (because it’s not real). A lot of asexual people do fantasize, apparently. Honestly, a lot of sexual people fantasize about things they find repulsive or taboo in real life. So, I think it’s really normal for humans to have a pretty strong distinction between what they like to fantasize about sexually, and what they like to do in reality.

You shouldn’t feel guilty or disgusted with yourself though. You’ve got a libido and there’s absolutely nothing wrong with satisfying it. It’s just instinctual.

• Like 2

I'm 600% sure of my asexuality, and I am sex-repulsed - and yet, I make a lot of dick/sex jokes with my non ace friends, I don't mind reading erotic fiction, and I think about sex sometimes. It's easy to picture my friends having sex with some nondescript person I don't know, but I can't ever imagine myself having sex without feeling pretty gross and disgusted. It's not wrong to think about it, or even fantasise about it, because the image of sex we have in our heads is usually quite different from what it is. In my thoughts sex is just quick and that's it. But really, it's probably messy and musty.

everywhere and nowhere

I get similar feelings when I'm aroused. Some heightened curiosity - when I analyse it in hindsight, I'm still sure that I wouldn't want to have sex with anyone, I just have some curiosity about how it feels (and still my extreme discomfort with nudity creates an insurmountable barrier, still a little bit of trying cautiously makes me certain that I couldn't enjoy, for example, anything penetrative... so the obvious conclusion is that I just couldn't get anything from sex even if I was able to try it). And then it all collapses - after an orgasm my sex aversion often increases to fullblown repulsion and I just feel frustrated.

There's nothing wrong about having a libido, but I'd say there's also nothing wrong about not wanting it.