Ace Fetish

Squirrel Combat

Squirrel Combat

This just hypothetical.

Do any of you think it's possible for Ace people to have fetishes? Like, strong enough to possibly override being Ace and maybe have actual sex with a person catering to the fetish, and only that? I just wonder if any of us here have found themselves desiring for sexual acts exclusively because they are turned on by a fetish. And you don't have to be shy. ;)

I've seen asexual people on here say they have fetishes, but not necessarily involving desiring sex. I'm not sure if someone who desired sex in the context of a fetish would be considered asexual. Maybe grey.

EggplantWitch

I'm pretty sure asexual people can have fetishes, but from what I've read it's not generally in the context of using them to have sex? Or incorporating them into sex? I feel like someone who desires sex in the context of a fetish wouldn't be ace, but maybe grey as TheAP has said above. It's the difference between enjoying being tied up during sex and simply being turned on when tied up? Maybe? I'm far from an expert on it, being a fairly sex-repulsed person, so maybe check out the Gray Area and Sex Talk forums for more educated opinions.

I have spoken to a few asexual people online who have fetishes, feet, hands, hair, even kinks such as bdsm, stuff with ropes, but they can involve physical contact, but not necessarily sex, I don't really know, I just think, if you're happy with it then go with the flow and enjoy yourself 

• 2 weeks later...
_____-________-_

I like bdsm.. my first relationship was with a mistress who was asexual also. I liked being her pet. however we never had sex. never even spoke about it. she was a considerate mistress too who respected my boundaries just as you should expect from bdsm not the crap film portrayal 

Janus the Fox

Yes, many are, I am and often the fetishes are only solo or some that are shared with my sexual BF.  There's possibly quite a few with complex fetishes.

Fetish is just a thing that turns you on right? I guess it would be possible then

Definitely yes, asexuals can have a fetish. Someone here said the only requirement for being ace is not being attracted to anyone/wanting sex. But aces can still have sex drive or libido, they can still have things that arouse them and can still get horny. We come in many different forms. Before I knew anything about asexuality, I thought you couldn't have libido if you didn't want sex but all libido is is sexual desire, and it doesn't have to be for another person.

pegasusoftraken

I enjoy bdsm, though don't feel any sexual desire when engaging in it, and still have interest in sex.  Incidentally I know a few sexual people who also enjoy (or prefer) a bdsm scene that doesn't involve anything sexual, and keep sex seperate from it.