What am I? Looking for advice.

Hello!

This is my first post on this site. I have been questioning my sexuality a lot over the last few years, which is something I, honestly, haven’t talked to anybody about until now. I’m still not totally comfortable talking about this. 

So, I am 26. I have gone on a total of three dates in my life, all of which were incredibly awkward and I wasn’t very interested in going. I’ve never kissed anyone and I am a virgin. I do want a relationship in the future but I’ve just never had any interest in dating. I’ve had crushes on people, but I’ve never looked at someon and been sexually aroused. I do masterbate occasionally, though.

Would I be aromantic and/or asexual? 

Yes, it sounds like you may be asexual, and possibly on the aromantic spectrum as well.

Hello !!!! Welcome to AVEN !!! Have some cake !!! :cake:  :cake:

When u say you have never been sexually aroused...do you mean aroused or attracted ? Because asexuals get aroused too,its just something your body does. If you have never been aroused,you might want to make sure everythings fine medically,you know hormones and all that. 

If you have never been sexually attracted , then most likely you are asexual !!! Since you want a realtionship and have had crushes, i would say ur a romantic ace. 

Lazy panda, 

I’ve been sexually aroused before. What I meant was I’ve never looked at someone and wanted to have sex with them, despite having had crushes on people before. I guess I’m still a bit confused about where the line between demisexual and asexual is. 

• Like 1

If you've never experienced sexual attraction, you can call yourself asexual. Having crushes is romantic attraction.

1 minute ago, Puggal19 said:

I’ve been sexually aroused before. What I meant was I’ve never looked at someone and wanted to have sex with them

Cool....that is actually sexual attraction. Well then,i'm pretty sure ur asexual. 

3 minutes ago, Puggal19 said:

I guess I’m still a bit confused about where the line between demisexual and asexual is. 

Demi-sexuals are people who feel sexual attraction to a person only after forming a strong emotional bond with that person. They are sexually attracted to only that person,and cannot feel attraction to anyone(like sexuals).

Asexuals never feel sexual attracrion to anybody at any point of time. 

You'll find lots of information on aven. Dont worry !!! 

Thank you! I’ve never really distinguished romantic and sexual attraction in my head before. That really clears things up for me. I think I am asexual

It does feel good to be talking about this to someone. The older I got the more embarrassed I became that I had never been in a relationship with anyone before. Thank you! 

• Like 1
On 13/1/2018 at 10:25 PM, Puggal19 said:

Lazy panda, 

I’ve been sexually aroused before. What I meant was I’ve never looked at someone and wanted to have sex with them, despite having had crushes on people before. I guess I’m still a bit confused about where the line between demisexual and asexual is. 

Hello! I am also new here and I relate to the things that you are feeeling. I have also had "crushes" (thought someone was cute/hot/beautiful and so on) but I have never looked at a person and thought "wow I wan't to have sex with them." Like it sounds weird, but in a way I have thought about having sex with specific people, but then again, if I had the option to actually have sex with them, I know that I would not do it because I don't feel sexual attraction/desire/arousal (still a little confused about all the terms...) Again, I'm new here and still very confused about myself, but the few things I have learned is that no matter what combination of feelings that you have towards sex/romance YOU are the one who is allowed to define your sexuality and if you are in a place in your life where you feel more comfortable labeling yourself as asexual/aromantic, then you just do that. 

You are definitely not alone in feeling the things that you do! :)