Oblivious to Others' Romantic Interest

Hi, I'm wondering if this has more to do with personality or if it's tied to a sexuality:

Do you experience obliviousness when someone seems romantically interested in you?

This has happened to me throughout my life, since I don't pick up when someone is flirtatious (coy looks, close proximity, etc), nor if a friend develops feelings. Flirting doesn't come naturally to me because I don't feel sexual attraction, so I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this. This is the first time I am making this connection to asexuality but I have no idea if it is related!  Please let me know your thoughts. ^__^

14 minutes ago, Princess Merida said:

I think you'll find this thread helpful: 

Thanks!  Just reading the preview has already captured my attention. X]

• Like 1
Coily the Spring Sprite

I've always been bad with realizing someone has been flirting with me. I realize in hindsight I probably missed out on some good experiences. I think it's due to my personality more than my asexuality. Of course, now it's definitely due to my asexuality. 

• Like 1

Absolutely. I'm also hopeless when it comes to realizing friends have something for each other.  It all flies over my head.

Hahaha... this is me!

I'm clueless af when it comes to stuff like this. One half is because I worry about everything due to my anxiety so  I tend to overthink that everything will go wrong or I'll mix it up -_-

The other half is just cluelessness 

Yeah, I’ve commented on pretty much all the other similar threads, and nothing has changed for me; I’m still denser than osmium - a metal twice as dense as lead 😅 - even though I’ve tried to research all the signs and signals. Short of an outright confession, I’m gonna probably miss any hint thrown my way. The unfortunate side effect is that I think I’m unintentionally giving people the cold shoulder which makes me seem kinda arrogant or aloof. I just want to be friends. 😖

I'm usually the one accused of flirting, I don't know why or even how to go about flirting, I wouldn't intentionally flirt either, I'm sure that if I did flirt, the other person would think me a dirty old man, as far someone flirting with me, it would never happen, if you saw me, you'd see why